49 replies to this topic

#41 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

This trade is more about getting rid of Rupp than anything else. Some of their fans would've gladly given him away for free, from what I read, so can't really blame them for being happy with actually getting two guys for him.

Good lord, look at that bottom 9...we must exploit this!

Nash Richards Gaborik
Hagelin Stepan Pyatt
Asham Boyle Halpern
Powe Miller Mashinter

Silence! You know nothing about hockey! This is Stanley Cup Champion lineup right there!!!11

just for fun... which current Devils player in the lineup would you see ending up in NY at some point ?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see guys like Barch, Butler, Matt Anderson or Harrold on the Rangers one day. They always pick up those minor players the Devils pass on or let walk away after they play a small role on the team and then they score a few goals in their first games for NYR to become instant messiahs. Remember when Aaron Voros won Conn Smythe a few seasons ago? Anton Stralman was also pretty good, capturing that Norris Trophy last year. They would never do that with the Devils - the coaches there had no idea how to use them right!

Oh, and obviously, Matteau comes to mind. :P Though when he was being interviewed with his father after the draft, he seemed genuinely excited about playing for us (as opposed to his dad :P) and it really semed like there was this "Yeah, you played for the Rangers, dad, but this is my career starting today and the Devils are my team, it's gonna be awesome" thing. So, I don't think he's gonna lose sleep thinking about playing for the Rangers, though we'll see how he reacts to playing a few games at the garden.

#42 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

CBGB line would eat that line up and ask for seconds.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#43 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Nash Richards Gaborik
Hagelin Stepan Pyatt
Asham Boyle Halpern
Powe Miller Mashinter

This is precisely the reason they're in 9th place... What a downgrade from last season, not nervous about this team at all this year, as long as we can keep a lid on Nash.

#44 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hahaha although this is hilarious, I have to say that getting Palm for Rupp is actually a good trade for the Rags

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#45 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hahaha although this is hilarious, I have to say that getting Palm for Rupp is actually a good trade for the Rags

Until Torts puts him out, he misses a shotblock and Torts sends him back to the Whale.

#46 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

This is precisely the reason they're in 9th place... What a downgrade from last season, not nervous about this team at all this year, as long as we can keep a lid on Nash.

You're not really telling the whole story here...losing Callahan isn't exactly helping their cause.

Rick Nash isn't going to continue to shoot at 5.7% either, but Michael Del Zotto (13.3%), Taylor Piatt (30.0%) and Marian Gaborik (18.3%) will all slow down.

They should definitely score more than the 2.38 GPG they've managed to date, but I'm not sure how much more, especially with Callahan out of the lineup. Their fortunes clearly rest with that #1 line...that line is going to need to score at least two goals in a lot of games for the Rangers to win consistently.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 05 February 2013 - 12:56 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#47 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

You're not really telling the whole story here...losing Callahan isn't exactly helping their cause. Rick Nash isn't going to continue to shoot at 5.7% either, but Michael Del Zotto (13.3%), Taylor Piatt (30.0%) and Marian Gaborik (18.3%) will all slow down. They should definitely score more than the 2.38 GPG they've managed to date, but I'm not sure how much more, especially with Callahan out of the lineup. Their fortunes clearly rest with that #1 line...that line is going to need to score at least two goals in a lot of games for the Rangers to win consistently.

Don't forget Kreider is injured too. He's not a sure thing but he looks like he will probably provide some secondary scoring for them when he's healthy. If Hagelin and Stepan can take the next step then the Rangers will probably be fine with scoring, but that's a lot of ifs. I still think their forward depth is much too weak.

#48 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Don't forget Kreider is injured too. He's not a sure thing but he looks like he will probably provide some secondary scoring for them when he's healthy. If Hagelin and Stepan can take the next step then the Rangers will probably be fine with scoring, but that's a lot of ifs. I still think their forward depth is much too weak.

Kreider had a flukey playoffs last year; he contributed as much in his 3 games this season as Tedenby did in his. Before his injury, many were saying he should probably be sent down.

#49 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Stepan, I don't think is as good as they think. Hagelin is small and not that great either. After that, they have two 4th lines.

#50 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nash Richards Gaborik
Hagelin Stepan Pyatt
Asham Boyle Halpern
Powe Miller Mashinter

Waittttt is Callahan back yet? That is still atrocious

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users