iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

2zQvyUh.jpg

tsxPHzb.jpg

It's pretty sick. It also would seem to imply that he's pretty serious about becoming a Devil. I like how he pays tribute to the Cup seasons, showing he's proud to be a part of a winning organization. It's nice to think that he's repping the Devils down in the ECHL.

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 05 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#2 giodude

giodude

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Wow that mask is badass
Posted Image

#3 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

thats really sick, like you said it's pretty awesome that he's so much "into it" with the organization 

www.SterioDesign.com

#4 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

I wonder how far away he is.  I don't go by his ECHL numbers (they're nothing special...Marty's season in Utica before he came up to the Devils for good wasn't eye-appealing either)...I'm guessing the Devils are hoping for 2014-15 to be the year he may be able to make the team...he'll be 22 years old then.  Man the days of Marty being in the Devils net are coming to an end fast...when Marty made his NHL debut, Wedgewood hadn't even been born yet.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#5 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Can Lou make it mandatory for all new tenders to rock the Brodeur mask. Either that or hang it from the rafters. Such a classic, awesome looking mask
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#6 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I wonder how far away he is.  I don't go by his ECHL numbers (they're nothing special...Marty's season in Utica before he came up to the Devils for good wasn't eye-appealing either)...I'm guessing the Devils are hoping for 2014-15 to be the year he may be able to make the team...he'll be 22 years old then.  Man the days of Marty being in the Devils net are coming to an end fast...when Marty made his NHL debut, Wedgewood hadn't even been born yet.

Man i will be a 30 or 31 years old man when marty will retire... And im firmly convinced that im gonna cry lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Wring thread

Edited by SterioDesign, 05 February 2013 - 07:21 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Incredible mask! One of the best designs I have ever seen!

I think he has the highest potential out of any of the other goalies in the organization (Frazee, Kinkaid, Clermont). While his ECHL numbers may not be appealing to the eye, it is important to realize that he is playing on one of the worst teams in the league. I often read about how he is essentially a 1 man show for the Titans.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#9 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Can Lou make it mandatory for all new tenders to rock the Brodeur mask. Either that or hang it from the rafters. Such a classic, awesome looking mask

Edited by DH26, 05 February 2013 - 10:59 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#10 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Marty didn't even wanna wear that thing a few years ago w/ the stupid MB30 thing  :whistling:

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#11 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

i freaking love that mask

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

That mask is the sh!t. Love it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#13 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Awesome mask.  Hope we get to see it in NJ soon.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#14 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Incredible mask! One of the best designs I have ever seen!

I think he has the highest potential out of any of the other goalies in the organization (Frazee, Kinkaid, Clermont). While his ECHL numbers may not be appealing to the eye, it is important to realize that he is playing on one of the worst teams in the league. I often read about how he is essentially a 1 man show for the Titans.

That's why I'm not making any big deal about Wedge's numbers...only so much a goalie can do playing on a bad team...just ask Chico Resch. 

I think Frazee's days as a potential successor to Marty are done...he's going to be 26 years old at the end of this season, and Kinkaid is getting much more of the playing time for Albany.  Kinda sucks in that the guy was a former 2nd-rounder.  If both Marty and Moose finish this season with good numbers, it wouldn't surprise me if the Devils went with that same tandem one last time next season (crazy as that might sound, given their ages) while Wedge gets promoted to Albany (maybe the end of the road for Frazee at that point)...depending on how next season goes, I'm thinking Kinkaid or Wedgewood get a shot to make the team in 2014-2015, and if Brodeur has a good 2013-14 and decides he wants to play one more season, the Devils sign him for one swan song, mentoring kind of season.  Of course, the semi-disaster scenario would be if Kinkaid (who the Devils probably don't view as their next NHL #1 anyway) or Wedgewood both struggle next season...then Lou probably has to go outside the organization.  Not sure what Clermont brings...guess we won't know that for a couple of years yet. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 06 February 2013 - 07:13 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#15 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

i called that he would be the next franchise goalie, i hope i'm right, i would def get a jersey once he's called up.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#16 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

I've seen him start 3 times so far. 2 of them he looked solid.

Then there was the bizzare incident where he came in relief for the Flyers goalie who was ejected for shooting the puck after a goal which almost hit a ref and went into the stands.

#17 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

That's an awesome mask. I know Mike McKenna was heavily into mask design and was always posting pics of his friends' work. I'd imagine he put Scott in touch with his friends' design shop; this mask looks phenomenal!

#18 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Kinkaid has a .915 SV% in Albany as the starter, don't know why everyone is assuming that Wedgewood would leap over him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Kinkaid has a .915 SV% in Albany as the starter, don't know why everyone is assuming that Wedgewood would leap over him.

No one is assuming anything.  Kinkaid's save% doesn't mean anything right this second.  I think a lot of what Brodeur and Hedberg do over the rest of this season dictates what happens next season, and how quickly a young goalie in the Devils' system gets a shot.  If a spot is open by next season, Kinkaid probably has the inside track on it.  If it's not until the following season, then I'm guessing Kinkaid and Wedge probably get a training camp to win a spot...and that if Brodeur calls it quits either by choice or by force, some decent veteran will be brought in to at least not leave the goaltending to a couple of unprovens.  But if it comes down to some kind of competition between Kinkaid and Wedge, even though the Devils probably think Wedge is the future, I don't think he's a lock, if Kinkaid flat-out outplays him.  I think the Devils will go with whoever deserves the job. 

#30 FOREVER!

#20 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

I like the mask's overall design...my spiritual side, however, hates the devil.  lol. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users