43 replies to this topic

#41 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

How did this Scott Wedgewood awesome mask thread turn into a conversation about Nick Swisher? Who's running this thing, Mike Francesa??

#42 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

How did this Scott Wedgewood awesome mask thread turn into a conversation about Nick Swisher? Who's running this thing, Mike Francesa??

Lol got a good laugh out of that

#43 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

The guy is a .169 hitter lifetime in the playoffs, in 46 GP and 154 AB...seems to be too big a sample to attribute all of it to hitting into bad luck.  He has yet to show why anyone should have confidence in him come playoff time, but the same thing was said about ARod as a Yankee through up until 2009, so I can't entirely rule out Swisher having a big playoff out of nowhere (if he gets there). 

And yeah, I think 'the knack' definitely exists...not in black-and-white form, but enough that the guys that don't seem to have it have a way of sticking out.

Again, not much has changed about Swisher's stats have changed besides the number of hits he gets. His power is also down. But 154 ABs is nothing - hitters hit terribly over samples like that all the time. Remember the year Wade Boggs hit .260 and the Red Sox let him go? There's entire seasons where a player's deviation from his career numbers has been bigger than Swisher's from his.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#44 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Has anyone seen the tv show "ink master"? I think an awesome challenge would be for them to design hockey masks

That's true that would be fun to see what they could do with them. It'd be like the challenge when they painted Navarro's guitars
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users