#1 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

per TG

from the Kings for a 5th, he's reporting right to Albany.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Why?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Really like this move. Obviously this isnt going to help the NJ Devils this year but he's shown a lot if promise and could be a real good forward for our club in a few years.

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Oh right, Lou doesn't want us to have any picks in the Draft :P
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I like Loktionov, therefore I like this move, In Lou We Trust
25smul5.png

#6 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Why?

Why not?

The kid was a teammate of Henrique's at Windsor and was excellent during his time there. For a 5th round pick? Why not?

#7 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

So, what's the word on this guy? I recognize the name but don't really know anything about him other than just looking at his stats.

#8 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,514 posts

Really like this move. Obviously this isnt going to help the NJ Devils this year but he's shown a lot if promise and could be a real good forward for our club in a few years.

Loktionov is waiver-eligible after this season, so if this isn't to help the Devils soon, I'm not sure why the move was made.  It does suggest, at the very least, that Mattias Tedenby's time in the organization is at an end.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#9 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Very very good deal. He has potential.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#10 ziti17

ziti17

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Pretty happy with this move, get a nice piece for only a 5th. Not bad for our first move of the year

#11 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Could've had Carlson for teddy...DAMMIT

#12 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Ahhh why not. ;)

Loktionov Zajac Kovalchuk

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Zubrus Josefson Butler

Carter Gionta Bernier

believe-zubrus.jpg

#13 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

i glanced at it really quick and i thought we got Voynov for a 5th. I was happy haha

#14 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,986 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

I've heard this kid is supposed to be pretty good, but I really don't know much about him. Anyone have any info they could post? Or perhaps provide an explanation as to why LA would trade us someone who is by all accounts a promising young player for only a 5th round pick?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#15 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

His agent is Igor Larionov, FYI.

I've heard this kid is supposed to be pretty good, but I really don't know much about him. Anyone have any info they could post? Or perhaps provide an explanation as to why LA would trade us someone who is by all accounts a promising young player for only a 5th round pick?

http://www.jewelsfro...with-a-new-team

"@SlavaMalamud
Igor Larionov tells me that Andrei Loktionov will be playing in the AHL, but once the lockout ends, a trade will be asked for. #LAKings"

Looks like he wasn't happy with his ice time in LA.

The Kings tried him out at wing and it didn't work, and they have too many centers to need him: http://mayorsmanor.c...-different-tune

Edited by JWomp, 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#16 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,514 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

He's waiver eligible next year, so it's either that or potentially lose him for nothing - and of course, his contract expires after this season and he could always head back to Russia.  Clearly they don't see a future for him in their organization, for whatever reason.  He was weirdly denied having his name on the Cup last season and fell out of favor.  

This is exactly the kind of move Lou should be making - get a Russian guy for cheap who might have high potential.

Edited by Triumph, 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#17 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

trade a 2013 5th round pick for a 2008 5th round pick... sounds good, he'll be ready sooner

www.SterioDesign.com

#18 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,986 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

He's waiver eligible next year, so it's either that or potentially lose him for nothing - and of course, his contract expires after this season and he could always head back to Russia.  Clearly they don't see a future for him in their organization, for whatever reason.  He was weirdly denied having his name on the Cup last season and fell out of favor.  

This is exactly the kind of move Lou should be making - get a Russian guy for cheap who might have high potential.

. Nice, thanks Tri. I also found this over at HF for some additional info if anyone's interested: http://www.hockeysfu...drei_loktionov/

#19 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,986 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Talent Analysis:

'Loktionov is a solid two-way player who can fulfill various roles on the team ranging from a defensive expert on shorthanded units to a playmaker on a power-play unit.  He sees the ice well and effectively uses his linemates, creating a number of scoring chances.  A couple of more significant improvement areas for Loktionov include his faceoff skills and his scoring ability.  Specifically in regards to his scoring ability, while always a danger in the offensive zone, Loktionov prefers to pass rather than shoot and in a shot-filled North American style of hockey a more multi-dimensional game would make him more dangerous and hard to contain.'

Pass-first guy. He should fit right in with this group. :P

#20 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Loktionov is waiver-eligible after this season, so if this isn't to help the Devils soon, I'm not sure why the move was made.  It does suggest, at the very least, that Mattias Tedenby's time in the organization is at an end.

Forget clearing waivers, he wants to play in the NHL.    He might just walk at the end of the season if he traded Manchester for Albany.     Kind of a weird deal.    Only a 5, but still...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users