169 replies to this topic

#21 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,790 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Forget clearing waivers, he wants to play in the NHL.    He might just walk at the end of the season if he traded Manchester for Albany.     Kind of a weird deal.    Only a 5, but still...

He's obviously the first forward up from Albany if there are any injuries, so he'll be in the NHL soon enough.  It's a weird deal if, as it's been suggested, he's incapable of moving to wing, unless they just intend to put Josefson there permanently soon.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#22 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

I don't think we traded for a guy on an expiring contract just to play him in the AHL. Matteau will be sent back to junior and Lokti will get his chance.

Edited by Zubie#8, 06 February 2013 - 06:30 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#23 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Anyone else think this means that Lou is gonna trade a Dman for a pick? Move Lokti or JJ to wing and have

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Loktianov-JJ-Butler
4th line

#24 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

Anyone else think this means that Lou is gonna trade a Dman for a pick? Move Lokti or JJ to wing and have

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Loktianov-JJ-Butler
4th line

If it means anything trade related I think it means Tedenby is getting packaged with whatever D we trade.
I don't think this factors into trading a defensemen though. I think it was more so just Lou grabbing a good prospect that will fit in with the devils system and can be ready quickly

#25 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Like what I'm reading...
Talent Analysis

Loktionov is a solid two-way player who can fulfill various roles on the team ranging from a defensive expert on shorthanded units to a playmaker on a power-play unit. He sees the ice well and effectively uses his linemates, creating a number of scoring chances. A couple of more significant improvement areas for Loktionov include his faceoff skills and his scoring ability. Specifically in regards to his scoring ability, while always a danger in the offensive zone, Loktionov prefers to pass rather than shoot and in a shot-filled North American style of hockey a more multi-dimensional game would make him more dangerous and hard to contain. - via http://www.hockeysfu...drei_loktionov/

Sorry didn't realize someone had posted this earlier but at least we are all on the same page.
I wonder who gets sent down when he gets a chance to come up tho...hopefully not Butler!

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 06 February 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#26 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:55 PM

interesting deal.. i like the prospect, but still concerned about this year

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#27 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Zubrus-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Loktianov-JJ-Butler
4th line

In theory yes. But then you have to make barch disappear along with Mattaeu who they seem to want to keep around for whatever reason. One of those combinations while also trading a dman.

How does the roster space work out? Anyone?

#28 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Why are people putting Loktionov on wing in the lines? If he wasn't successful there already, where the Kings wanted him and led to him being sent to minors, there's no reason he should be on wing here. Also if it's true he wanted to be traded BECAUSE of all that...then it would be a stupid move to think you'd trade a 5th and try him at wing OR keep him in the AHL.

If all of that is true, then Lou saw him as the 3rd line C, which IDK what that means. 

1dun.jpg

#29 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

I really like this move. Low risk, high reward. As other people have mentioned, this opens up the possibility to get a draft pick by trading one of the Devils' defensemen. And who knows, maybe the Devils could land something as good as a late 2nd if they send over a package with one of the D. I wonder when he'll be called up.

#30 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

From what I saw in the Kings games where he played, he was pretty good. A solid third liner player and with development a possible second liner.

From what I saw in the Kings games when he played, he was pretty good. A solid third liner player and with development a possible second liner.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#31 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

From what I saw in the Kings games where he played, he was pretty good. A solid third liner player and with development a possible second liner.

Why you got stuff in 24h time? You Ex mil?

#32 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Why are you quoting yourself?

1dun.jpg

#33 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Why are you quoting yourself?

Like a particle I can exist in two places at once. Truly, I didn't know that happened.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#34 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Like a particle I can exist in two places at once. Truly, I didn't know that happened.

I think Hell decided your post was worth us reading twice, thus making this trade THAT much more important. You're welcome for your inflated head. 

1dun.jpg

#35 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,287 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

Acquiring Loktionov for just a 5th round pick is a fantastic deal. I always felt like he could've done better in LA if he wasn't stuck in a depth situation. Hopefully he gets his chance sooner than later for the Devils and perhaps Kovalchuk could even talk up the organization to him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,409 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Dean Lombardi:"You’ve got the issue is that after his contract is up he could go back to Russia.You just try to make the best deal you can".

It appears we got Loktionov for the discount we did because he's a risk to go to the K if he doesn't have a solid spot on the roster by the end of the season. Well worth the risk for a 5th.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,409 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Also to a man, the Kings fans over on HF are saying we got a pretty good player. The consensus is if we put Loktionov in a position to succeed (meaning with wingers who can score), he can and will be a playmaker and get the guys the puck. He isn't much of a goal scorer, and will not make weaker players better. He also apparently can not play the wing at all, the Kings fans say this kid is a center or nothing.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#38 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

I keep reading his name as Lotion Off and keep hearing "it puts the lotion in the basket" whenever I read his name.

#39 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I keep reading his name as Lotion Off and keep hearing "it puts the lotion in the basket" whenever I read his name.

I was having the same problem but now I've conditioned myself to say "Lock" first. "Lock-tee-on-off" is the pronunciation I heard the most watching clips of him, but somebody else can correct me if that's incorrect.

#40 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

I was having the same problem but now I've conditioned myself to say "Lock" first. "Lock-tee-on-off" is the pronunciation I heard the most watching clips of him, but somebody else can correct me if that's incorrect.

Yeah, you got it. Emphasis on the "on" syllable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users