169 replies to this topic

#41 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Where are we going to play this kid? If he is awful on wing - why not just either roll with what we have? We are stacked at center. Unless JJ is getting demoted for this guy...

I don't see CBGB being broken up anytime soon so the move, unless he is going to be our 3rd line winger just seems so odd. Why do we need a "slower Tedenby"? We already have a Tedenby and ours is underwhelming to say the least.

I just don't get this at all.

n2eg.jpg

#42 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

No idea, unless they feel that Henrique can truly succeed at wing, I don't see a need for another C. I wouldn't want to even toy with moving Henrique to wing with the way he's played at C TBH. 

1dun.jpg

#43 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

I am intrigued with the idea of possibly moving Josefson to wing. Don't know why they would do it.

I mean, I very much hope their not looking at a Josefson/Dman package unless it is for something pretty good.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#44 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

They may even be hoping Henrqiue will do well at wing, Lok at C with Kovy as a Russian influence. 

1dun.jpg

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I am intrigued with the idea of possibly moving Josefson to wing. Don't know why they would do it.

I mean, I very much hope their not looking at a Josefson/Dman package unless it is for something pretty good.

Well, let's think about it like this - the Devils have plenty of center depth right now (before the Loktionov deal), but zero wing depth.  But if a center gets hurt, they're in trouble - their alternatives are either to move a current wing to center (awful) or call up a center (depth at center in Albany is Zalewski, Sestito, and that's it on NHL deals).  So this way now if either a wing or center gets hurt, they can move a center to wing and get a look at Loktionov.

Still, I don't quite understand it long-term assuming Loktionov can't play wing, because even if they let Elias walk they have 3 NHL centers.  Now of course I would stump for Henrique's permanent move to wing and if this is a move in that direction great, but if it's not, I don't really see what it is besides having an NHL stopgap for half a season and then letting that player go back to Russia at the end of his contract.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Tri, what are your thoughts about Henrique at wing. Let's say this Lok kid is good...

Henrique-Lok-Kovy

or reverse wings. What kind of potential does that have, IF that's maybe a pipe dream thought Lou is having with that trade.  High risk/reward.

1dun.jpg

#47 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Another shrimp in the system

#48 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,757 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Tri, what are your thoughts about Henrique at wing. Let's say this Lok kid is good...

Henrique-Lok-Kovy

or reverse wings. What kind of potential does that have, IF that's maybe a pipe dream thought Lou is having with that trade.  High risk/reward.

I like it.  Use Elias-Zajac-Clarkson against the toughs, give the Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk line a lot of time in the offensive zone, then have a third line with Zubrus, Josefson, and Butler.  4th line CBGB.  If you want to use CBGB against the other team's 2nd line, as DeBoer (insanely) did in last year's playoffs, go nuts.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#49 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

I like it.  Use Elias-Zajac-Clarkson against the toughs, give the Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk line a lot of time in the offensive zone, then have a third line with Zubrus, Josefson, and Butler.  4th line CBGB.  If you want to use CBGB against the other team's 2nd line, as DeBoer (insanely) did in last year's playoffs, go nuts.

Then we finally have our 3rd line and CBGB as the rightful "Best 4th line in the league". Hopefully that makes sense...we'll see in a few weeks I'd assume. 

All of the sudden we go from no offensive depth past the first line and a half to full depth.

1dun.jpg

#50 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

I know Tri and Daniel and everyone else is going to say this is dumb, but we don't really know the ins and outs of GMing. Perhaps this a favor for favor trade. Tallinder has been a healthy scratch. Perhaps Lombardi and Lou are talking trade either soon or as the season progresses?

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#51 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

This could be a setup move for another trade, who knows...

Id like to know what we could get for josefson and a dman or few prospect D

www.SterioDesign.com

#52 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

This could be a setup move for another trade, who knows...

Id like to know what we could get for josefson and a dman or few prospect D

I wouldn't trade JJ. He might be snake-bitten but the effort he puts out there is completely unmatched. I love his game and passion. You cannot get a return better then that. Especially for a true depth center in Josefson.

n2eg.jpg

#53 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Henrique is a wing, unless there's going to be massive progress as faceoffs go.   He's not a big passer and he's a sub 50/50 faceoff guy.   Not Elias bad, but really he strikes me as a guy who plays C in the NHL because his team doesn't have enough C's to go around, and that would definitely describe us last season without Zajac.

#54 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

lets let this intriguing move play out a little bit before we roll our eyes

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#55 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

My thoughts exactly on a solid third line. You've got a playmaker, a scorer, and a Zubrus. I think the top two lines might be able to get shuffled a bit too, but those could potentially be really good.

I really hope Josefson is not getting traded. I think his value is only going to go up. Plus I think he's important part of the Devils' future.

#56 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Those lines are really interesting, and I would like to see them tried out. The 3rd and 4th lines end up particularly nice and the top 6 seems to have some potential. Pretty balanced all around. They definitely could work, in theory.

#57 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Those lines are really interesting, and I would like to see them tried out. The 3rd and 4th lines end up particularly nice and the top 6 seems to have some potential. Pretty balanced all around. They definitely could work, in theory.

Right.

1dun.jpg

#58 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

I love the fact that we pay cheap for a player... But i have no clue if he is good or not... (only lou knows)

#59 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:24 AM

Talk about a slap in the face to Darche.

I'm assuming he won't be signed by us now.

#60 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Why?

Report: Kings’ Loktionov requests trade, Bernier backpedals Jan 30, 2013, 10:41 PM EST

http://prohockeytalk...comment-page-1/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users