169 replies to this topic

#61 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

I like it. Stick Loki (love that nickname) on the third line with JJ and Butler and we have four legit lines again.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#62 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Going through a number of blogs a lot of Kings comentators and fans seem very dissapointed that he has been traded and there seems to be a concensus that he is NHL calibre.

A fith round pick is always a huge gamble to make the NHL, so to get someone who is already NHL calibre looks like a win on our side. 

My only concern is he bolts after this season if he hasnt secured a place in the lineup or hasnt been given the chance.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#63 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

http://thehockeywrit...on-stanley-cup/

Quite interesting about Loktionov not getting his name on the cup.  In fact incredibly harsh by the Kings for not making a case for him. No wonder he didnt want to stay.

He did get to skate around the ice with it though.......

http://uk.eurosport....2012050832.html

l6026174.jpg

<_<

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9, 07 February 2013 - 05:55 AM.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#64 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Yeah, that's a real douchemove.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#65 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

The descriptions I'm seeing of this guy remind me a lot of JJ.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#66 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

not exactly sure what to think about that trade... Loktionov asked for a trade cause he was buried behind 3 centers... and now he's traded here and the situation is the same... they tried him on the wing and it didnt work out. And looks like the kid might leave for russia after this season... so fair to think that Lou seems to think he can put him centering our 3rd line or he might simply lose him. Usually i'd think that it's just a depth move or a project but seems like time is ticking on that one... maybe not, but it's risky.

could mean that there's another move coming or that they are thinking of promoting someone on the top line on the wing. But at the end of the day what NJ needs is someone to play with Zajac and Kovy and bump down the Carter Gionta Bernier line on the 4th cause we want to keep them together and not have guys like Josefson or zubs on the 4th line they are too good.

curious to see

www.SterioDesign.com

#67 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,772 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

http://thehockeywrit...on-stanley-cup/

Quite interesting about Loktionov not getting his name on the cup.  In fact incredibly harsh by the Kings for not making a case for him. No wonder he didnt want to stay.

He did get to skate around the ice with it though.......

http://uk.eurosport....2012050832.html

<_<

. That's bullsh!t that the Kings didn't make an exception for him. If you play in the playoffs, you should get your name on the Cup. Period. The fact that Loktionov not only played in the playoffs, but only fell short of the regular season requirement by 2 games and they didn't bother to include him is harsh.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#68 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

A post from a supposed Kings fan on TG's Blog

"Kings fan here. If Lokti stays healthy, you guys are getting one heck of a player. He’s small, but an extremely skilled passer. He never caught on with the Kings because our past 2 coaches both valued size and strength over speed and skill. Plus, now that we’ve got Kopitar and Richards we have no spot for him. He’s had shoulder problems that have hurt his chances to stay with the Kings, but he’s been healthy the past year. He should fit in with your team because your organization knows how to use smaller players. I hate to see him go, but I wish him the best with you guys. Giving up just a 5th round pick is a steal with this guys talent.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#69 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

A post from a supposed Kings fan on TG's Blog

"Kings fan here. If Lokti stays healthy, you guys are getting one heck of a player. He’s small, but an extremely skilled passer. He never caught on with the Kings because our past 2 coaches both valued size and strength over speed and skill. Plus, now that we’ve got Kopitar and Richards we have no spot for him. He’s had shoulder problems that have hurt his chances to stay with the Kings, but he’s been healthy the past year. He should fit in with your team because your organization knows how to use smaller players. I hate to see him go, but I wish him the best with you guys. Giving up just a 5th round pick is a steal with this guys talent.

well that's encouraging

www.SterioDesign.com

#70 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Even if he goes to Russia after this season, there's no reason why he can't come back if NJ offered him decent money to.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#71 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

He has plenty of Russians to look up to here, so i'm sure he'll drink the koolaid if offered.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#72 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Even if he goes to Russia after this season, there's no reason why he can't come back if NJ offered him decent money to.

yeah, dont the Devils still own his rights if he wants to come back to north america anyway?

#73 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

Who knows what's down the road, but if you look at the trade itself, it is a steal for the Devils.  Getting a 22 year old center with good talent and speed for a 5th round pick is a win in my book. 

I don't think Lou would trade for him to have him play on the first line in Albany, only to lose him to the KHL next season.  But if that is what ultimately happens, then this still was a gamble worth taking and clearly adds to our forward depth in the playoff push this season.

Posted Image

#74 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Didn't Henrique and Loktionov win a memorial cup together with the Windsor Spitfires?

#75 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Didn't Henrique and Loktionov win a memorial cup together with the Windsor Spitfires?

Yep.

#76 RangersSuck23

RangersSuck23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

From reading the kings boards, they all seem glad that he left cause they knew there wasn't a spot for him in the top team, saying that they misused him, but a few of them are also saying he is a career ahl-er... i don't think so, i think if lou traded for him he means to use him... can't wait to see what he does

#77 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

I see this as a 3rd line move. Def gonna be him centering the 3rd line, maybe move JJ to wing too. Unless of course we got the steal of the century and managed a potential 2C for 5th rounder.

Lines of:

Henrique-Zajac-Kovy

JJ-Elias-Clarkson<-Could swap JJ & Elias if someone is looking good on the faceoffs. Or even swap Henrique down to 2LW or 2C and Patty up to 1LW.

Zubrus-Loktionov-Butler

CBGB

#78 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I don't see them moving JJ to the wing. They had him taking TONS of big faceoffs the other night against the rangers. I guess the could move him to wing and just have him take the draws but Im not a huge fan of that.

#79 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

I don't see them moving JJ to the wing. They had him taking TONS of big faceoffs the other night against the rangers. I guess the could move him to wing and just have him take the draws but Im not a huge fan of that.

That's why I kind of left it open. I could see him take center and patty go to LW.

#80 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

That's why I kind of left it open. I could see him take center and patty go to LW.

Left what open?  The gate?  Now we know who left it open

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users