36 replies to this topic

#21 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

How can you not miss doc, the commercials on MSG every night w/ Dc annoucing the Hentique goal last year send shivers down my spine..

Doc was 1 of a kind, does not matter who replaced him, they would never be as good. Just be glad we got him every night for as long as we did.

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#22 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I commented that the on ice sound was almost jarring last night and it made the Rock sound dead.

Its really poor quality. Its like theyre broadcasting from down the street or something

One more, and this shows you how quiet the crowd comes through.
Henrique's goal vs the Rangers (where you just know the place was loud)

And can the goal horn man give it a couple seconds before blasting the horn? He had quick fingers last night on that puck that went wide. On top of that, the horn is usually going off almost instantaneously from the puck crossing the goal line. Can he give it two seconds to let the roar of the crowd be heard?

Edited by devlman, 08 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

Okay I'm glad it's not just me or my TV, but the crowd sound is awful on MSG!

The Rock sounded so much louder during the NBC broadcasts.  I imagine some of that had to do with it being the playoffs, but I think the equipment the MSG+ crew uses must be just..crap.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

Could it be that stupid Flyers swallow chant that kills any chance of them boosting the crowd noise?

#25 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Could it be that stupid Flyers swallow chant that kills any chance of them boosting the crowd noise?

I'm all for tradition and everything, but I'm sick to death of how much "sucking" goes on in the course of a game. It starts with the opposing team's scratches, then their starting lineup. Then there's 6 or 8 "Rangers Suck" chants, minimum. Then every time we score there's "You Suck" during the goal song. If the refs blow a call, they suck. It gets really really old, really really quick. I think if I could change one thing about the live game experience at the Rock, that's what I'd change.

#26 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Flyers swallow is stupid, disgusting, bush league, and embarrassing.

Edited by Zubie#8, 08 February 2013 - 02:01 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#27 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,376 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'd have to agree w/ that, although you could hear it on the broadcast the other night...

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#28 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Of course he hasn't replaced Doc, but he's definitely improved since picking up the top position. Not too much "SCARRR" anymore, but still plenty of "LOOSE IN FRONT" and "sharp-angle try". I think he's done an alright job, but definitely doesn't play off Chico as well as Doc did.

I'm still glad we get to hear Doc every once in a while though, even if it's not for a Devils game.

Replaced as in filled-in for his absence. I'm not at all implying that he picked up right in Doc's place.

I absolutely agree. And I may be outnumbered here, but I'm not even a fan of the "Rangers Suck" chant unless we are playing them. Like when we were chanting it during the SCF, while losing. Give me a break.
Posted Image

#29 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Chico did say last night that Stamkos has a big tool bag. Or something like that. It made me laugh.
It's the whiskey talking.

#30 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I heard a good amount of people I believe say "and Crosby watches!" after the rangers suck, flyers swallow chant and I admit I thought adding Crosby watches was amusing.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 February 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#31 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

That has nothing to do with it.  MSG crowd noise (at least at the Rock) just flat-out stinks.  Someone here posted a side-by-side comparison of the crowd noise last year between the MSG broadcast and CBC's when Sykora scored his 5-on-1 goal and it was striking, to say the least.

#32 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Has anyone else noticed Cango starting to use some Docisms? So far this season I've heard one "Meanwhile, back at the ranch" and at least one "BIG DRIVE!"

Yea I have. I forget what I heard him say the other day but it was a "doc only" saying. I was distracted for about 3 min trying to explain why the line was stolen to a friend. I have noticed Chico and Steve are both off. I forget who it was in the TB game when they were on the PP. Possibly Purcell, but Steve called him St. Louis like 5 times when St. Louis wasn't even on the ice.

As far as the sound goes I do have a hard time hearing doc on the NBC broadcast and I never have before. The rink sounds and crowd overwhelm his voice.

Edited by NJDevils1214, 08 February 2013 - 08:36 PM.

815631765.gif

#33 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Favorite chant at the Rock is the "Henrique!"......."It's Over!" during the last Rangers' game.

"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#34 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

exactly

#35 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

The person who isn't worth her paycheck is Sherry Ross. She offers no analysis and has a limited number of phrases such as The Devils have to figure out a way to score, or, The Devils have to put more pressure on xxxxx.

You've got to be kidding me.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#36 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

You've got to be kidding me.

sarcasm?

#37 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,693 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I caught some of the LA vs Detroit game on this afternoon.  Brian Engblom made a mistake and actually said so.  Doc tells him that we occasionally make mistakes.  That is why there are erasers at the end of pencils. ;LOLOL  (Not using quotes just in case i erred.) 

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users