36 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'm watching Bruins/Habs basically just to hear him call it. In the last 30 seconds I hear both "skittered" and "fire wagon changes"
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#2 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

This was posted on Twitter:

Emrick just said #Brodeurian pass. Nice! #Docisms

https://twitter.com/...322918079455233

HAHAHA awesome.

Edited by Coorslight, 06 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

1dun.jpg

#3 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Docisms! I need to see if that site exists. And yes I heard the Brodeur comment.

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#4 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

http://www.puckpress...k-playoff-bingo Awesome!

#5 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

Meh I'm starting to be annoyed at Doc and I'm sure I'm going to be in the minority. Didn't he leave us to go to NBC on a "limited schedule" meaning doing less games then he would broadcasting for the Devils? Meanwhile he's nearly on every game NBC has.

I love hearing Doc and all but it seems like giant cop out for more exposure and to talk about the "bigger market teams".

n2eg.jpg

#6 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Meh I'm starting to be annoyed at Doc and I'm sure I'm going to be in the minority. Didn't he leave us to go to NBC on a "limited schedule" meaning doing less games then he would broadcasting for the Devils? Meanwhile he's nearly on every game NBC has.

I love hearing Doc and all but it seems like giant cop out for more exposure and to talk about the "bigger market teams".

He's working like 1 or 2 games a week. That's a big difference compared to the 6 games we play in 8 days from the 2nd to 10th this month.

#7 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

He was doing our schedule PLUS the NBC schedule. NHL/NBC signed a larger contract, which meant more games...that was when Doc stepped down and took the NBC exclusive contract.

Also, you never know if that was part of the deal with NBC, that they had exclusivity of him. Either way, we were more then blessed with his skill for many many years.

1dun.jpg

#8 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I think Cangialosi has come in and done a fine job of replacing Doc. NJ has always been blessed with some great announcers.
Posted Image

#9 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

I think Cangialosi has come in and done a fine job of replacing Doc. NJ has always been blessed with some great announcers.

Of course he hasn't replaced Doc, but he's definitely improved since picking up the top position. Not too much "SCARRR" anymore, but still plenty of "LOOSE IN FRONT" and "sharp-angle try". I think he's done an alright job, but definitely doesn't play off Chico as well as Doc did.

I'm still glad we get to hear Doc every once in a while though, even if it's not for a Devils game.

Edited by DevilNurn, 07 February 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#10 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

Cangelosi misses so much - it's not even funny. I forget which game it was but when we were on a 5-3 PK, and then we took a bench minor for unsportsmanlike - the cameras panned that Bernier was going to the box as the 3rd devil in. Cangelosi and Chico totally missed it, the other team scored and we were still on 5-3 PK and Chico and Cangelosi finally realized it. CMON BOOTH!
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#11 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Cangelosi misses so much - it's not even funny. I forget which game it was but when we were on a 5-3 PK, and then we took a bench minor for unsportsmanlike - the cameras panned that Bernier was going to the box as the 3rd devil in. Cangelosi and Chico totally missed it, the other team scored and we were still on 5-3 PK and Chico and Cangelosi finally realized it. CMON BOOTH!

Indeed. Sometimes he reminds me of John Sterling in that he tends to drift off into la la land and miss some important plays.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 07 February 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#12 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

I watched some Albany games this year and I've watched all the Albany game highlights. The play by play guy down there is really good in my opinion. Don't know his name, but he might be one of our top talents down in Albany :).

Edited by Steadevils, 07 February 2013 - 10:37 AM.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#13 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Chico is a disaster at telling anyone what is happening when there's any confusion at all. Somehow he called Gionta, Zajac the other game, but it's ok, that's just Chico, he's our goofy color guy and we love him. Thing is, Doc had a beautiful ability to shut Chico up when needed. Cangi doesn't have that same rythm with Chico and sometimes he lets him ramble on a bit and where Doc would have then corrected Chico(maybe not right out, but would at least get the call right when he called it), Cangi will not even notice or at least not say anything.

#14 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Has anyone else noticed Cango starting to use some Docisms? So far this season I've heard one "Meanwhile, back at the ranch" and at least one "BIG DRIVE!"

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#15 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Has anyone else noticed Cango starting to use some Docisms? So far this season I've heard one "Meanwhile, back at the ranch" and at least one "BIG DRIVE!"

He has used “they had them all the way” a few times as well

#16 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

But we have Chico the Homer.

#17 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

The MSG production is really going downhill. The sound engineering is awful to the point where the crowd barely comes through. Cangiolsi misses a lot, Chico sounds like hes been hit in the head, even the camera man fails to follow the play on numerous occasions. Even if Doc was still here, it would still be a mess.

Edited by devlman, 07 February 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#18 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

i have a fascination with announcers around the league and steve isnt bad. he isnt a color guy so he's gunna miss a few things here and there but enthusiasm is what counts in a play by play guy. he blew a load when kovi scored against the caps. he looks like he hasnt hit puberty but hes much better than most announcers around the league. 

#19 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

The person who isn't worth her paycheck is Sherry Ross. She offers no analysis and has a limited number of phrases such as The Devils have to figure out a way to score, or, The Devils have to put more pressure on xxxxx.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#20 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

I like the part where they had to view down into the officials booth to see what penalty he was writing down to figure it out.

I commented that the on ice sound was almost jarring last night and it made the Rock sound dead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users