93 replies to this topic

#61 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Every team needs a Zubrus. He would be great to solidify a third line when he comes back. (assuming we find someone to play on that first line)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#62 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

Every team needs a Zubrus. He would be great to solidify a third line when he comes back. (assuming we find someone to play on that first line)

Not ideal, but Matteau's holding his own with Kovy and Zajac.

Kovy Zajac Matteau

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Butler/Loki JJ Zubs

CBGB

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#63 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Not ideal, but Matteau's holding his own with Kovy and Zajac.

Kovy Zajac Matteau

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Butler/Loki JJ Zubs

CBGB

I prefer to have Butler on the first with Kovalchuk and Zajac, then make a 3rd line (really a 4th b/c of CBGB) of

Matteau-JJ-Zubs. I like the idea of having a big, muscle line to get in front of the net and the wingers skill would be complemented by Josefsons

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#64 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I prefer to have Butler on the first with Kovalchuk and Zajac, then make a 3rd line (really a 4th b/c of CBGB) of

Matteau-JJ-Zubs. I like the idea of having a big, muscle line to get in front of the net and the wingers skill would be complemented by Josefsons

I don't like that 4th line, just because nobody on it can shoot, unless Matteau develops fast. Kovy and Zajac will get a guy like Matteau some easy goals and deflections. JJ and Zubs need somebody like Butler to keep the d honest.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#65 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I don't like that 4th line, just because nobody on it can shoot, unless Matteau develops fast. Kovy and Zajac will get a guy like Matteau some easy goals and deflections. JJ and Zubs need somebody like Butler to keep the d honest.

I think JJ has shown enough to get respect from opposing defenses. Zubrus is a better passer than given credit for IMO, so I see no problem with having a line with a good playmaking center, Mr.Do-it-All Dainius Zubrus and Matteau, raw but still with a ton of talent and proven he can play in the D zone quite well.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#66 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I think JJ has shown enough to get respect from opposing defenses. Zubrus is a better passer than given credit for IMO, so I see no problem with having a line with a good playmaking center, Mr.Do-it-All Dainius Zubrus and Matteau, raw but still with a ton of talent and proven he can play in the D zone quite well.

Not saying JJ and Zubrus are weak on offense, but neither of them has great finishing ability. I'd rather put them with a finisher.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#67 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

:glare:

Zubrus is the MAN. He does everything. Solid two way play, can play any forward position, versatile, teammates love him, fans love him, oh and he is an absolute animal along the boards.

Get the heck out of here....

Somehow I'm not surprised that someone calling themselves "Zubie" would be a fan of Zubrus. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

But seriously, I actually felt the same way as the OP when he first arrived. He didn't stand out as a great player.... Except that I realized he didn't stand out as a bad one either. I also began to appreciate the little things he does. He isn't Kovy, but then again a team full of Kovy's probably wouldn't be very good as strange as that sounds. Without Zubes this team would lack 'something.'. Personally, I still think he could use his size better, but he is a quality player and we are better for having him.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#68 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Damn Zubs might be out for the season :S

Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Dainius Zubrus still out with upper back injury that could be long term

Zub might be out for the season. From what we're hearing he might need back surgery. #njdevils

this is opening the door wide open for Matteau i think and just like how Henrique stepped up to replace Zajac we might see the same thing with Matteau now? hope so

Edited by SterioDesign, 12 February 2013 - 10:41 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#69 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I don't trust Chere as a source anymore - it's very clear that he now engages in troll-baiting and link-baiting - but it is starting to look bad, and at the position where the Devils are least deep.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#70 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

This is a "true" rumor. I saw him on Sunday and he was on heavy pain medication and said to me, "I can't tell you what is wrong with me or I will have to kill you, but in the next few days we'll know."

And it did not happen when he hit the box door..."that was a baby tap"..."someone did this to me"

I really can't say more, but you all should get the idea..

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#71 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Prob best to shut him down as long as possible and hope he heals up. Try to avoid surgery....maybe hope that he's good to go by late season/playoffs.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#72 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

do we know when it happened and the "who"? horrible news either way

#73 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

do we know when it happened and the "who"? horrible news either way

it was against the Rangers so it could be anyone

www.SterioDesign.com

#74 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Sounds like back surgery is what the final result will be. Hopefully it can be done soon, so he has a chance to return for the playoffs. Don't want the day-to-day thing dragged out too long.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#75 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

This whole thread's been bad juju, he got hurt right after it started :P

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#76 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

I noticed a ton of lost board battles that Zubrus would have won tonight. :(

Edited by Zubie#8, 13 February 2013 - 01:19 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#77 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:58 AM

We need a new thread to reverse the juju.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#78 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

I don't trust Chere as a source anymore - it's very clear that he now engages in troll-baiting and link-baiting - but it is starting to look bad, and at the position where the Devils are least deep.

Chere nailed Salvador as captain a day before anyone else. I haven't seen Chere put forward stuff randomly.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#79 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Well, Zubrus on IR and Loki called up so I guess surgery it is.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#80 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

According to Albany Devils Facebook page, Zubrus on IR, Loktionov called up.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users