15 replies to this topic

#1 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

So we are going to a bunch of games this year, the GF and I, and I need some help finding some good, decent, reliable, safe, cheap parking in the vicinity.

Lately, we have been showing up and paying the 30 bucks on Edison Place, parking and leaving the car and walking right in. It is so convenient to park right there, but it is so expensive.

Where are the good, cheaper places to park?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#2 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Last I checked there was the garage on Raymond Blvd and Mulberry which was $15 per event but that was in September. I think someone on here said it's still the same.

Other than that I don't know why people refuse to take the train when it's so convenient and depending where you're at, cheaper than driving and parking. Unless you're off Route 21 or near 280/80.

#3 rpaq88

rpaq88

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

We usually park North of the arena and the garages along Mulberry between the Rock and NJPac are generally $15.

#4 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Green lots 6, 7 and 8 near the Post Office are also $15.

I would also check ebay because I sometimes see STH selling their passes so you could get a deal there.

#5 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

$8 right past the Rite-Aid on Broad (?) Street

#6 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

$8 right past the Rite-Aid on Broad (?) Street

Where is this? South or North of the Rock?

When I don't head right in and pay a premium, I usually head south of the Rock.

Thanks.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#7 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

$8-10 on Bruen street (2 blocks away from mccarter highway, same street which hells kitchen is on)

Devils.

#8 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

$8-10 on Bruen street (2 blocks away from mccarter highway, same street which hells kitchen is on)

Probably your best bet if your looking for under $10.

#9 Drifter77

Drifter77

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Check Parkwhiz.com.   I park at a lot at 299 Mulberry, about 3 blocks from the arena.  It's $11.99 if you prepay online and print your pass.  $15 if you pay onsite.  I like this lot -- it's close, and far enough away from the arena to be a little easier getting out.  Plus, it's easy to head south on 21 en route to 78, if you're heading that way.  It's about 8 minutes from starting the car to merging onto 78 West on most nights.

#10 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Check Parkwhiz.com.   I park at a lot at 299 Mulberry, about 3 blocks from the arena.  It's $11.99 if you prepay online and print your pass.  $15 if you pay onsite.  I like this lot -- it's close, and far enough away from the arena to be a little easier getting out.  Plus, it's easy to head south on 21 en route to 78, if you're heading that way.  It's about 8 minutes from starting the car to merging onto 78 West on most nights.

That's the one on Kinney and I park there all the time.  Didn't know you could pre-pay so I might do that from now on.  Thanks!

#11 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

You can park for $7 a half block away down Halsey Street from Hobbies Delicatessen.. It's like a 2 block walk to Broad Street and you just cross to the block the arena is on (where there are cops).. $30 is nuts

Edited by Colin226, 06 March 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#12 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

The key if you're heading 78 West for any significant amount of time, is take Broad.

First off, it gives you two options:

1. Merge onto 21 and get 78W Local Ramp. That merge is a disaster as people never remember that the right lane doesn't merge onto 21 and they all try to cut over last second. I hate that.

2. Take the right onto Clinton Ave by Lincoln Park and stay left at the Exxon to continue on Elizabeth Ave and take the right onto the 78W Express+Local Ramp. This is what I do, as it allows you to cut right onto the express side of 78.

Lastly, it's usually less crowded than 21, so that's always a plus. You can even take Raymond Blvd up towards NJIT and take a left onto what's called Norfolk at that point, which will become Irvine Turner Blvd, which also lets you out onto the 78W Express+Local Ramp. Not the nicest area, but not like you're not safe or anything.

Also, I must mention parking in a parking thread, lol, so I know someone mentioned it earlier, but if you're on the next block after Raymond, going towards the Rock, that next street has a garage that lets you park for $15. The lot 25 ft away next to TD, $30. So that garage is one of the closest for $15.

P.S. You can also, if you want to park for free, a smart person might want to check the streets right next to light rail stations, as you can usually find a side street to park for free on and then it's just $3 maximum for the light rail tickets there and back.

#13 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Hey, I just want to give a shout out to those of you who recommended the parking lot at Mulberry and Kinney Streets (which I think are Green lots 6 & 7) for fans coming from the east via I-78, and also the recommendation to use Broad Street rather than McCarter Highway/NJ 21 when leaving.  My brother and I went to the Carolina game tonight (Saturday 3/8), coming in from the Lehigh Valley, and I parked in the aforementioned lot.  The lot is secured, relatively close to the arena, and provides easy access to Broad Street (especially by exiting out of the back of the lot, rather than onto Mulberry), and using Broad Street to get back to I-78 EB makes things easier (especially considering there is only one exit lane to I-78 and if you use Broad Street, you are already in that lane).  I was able to from the parking lot back to my parents' house, about a 75 mile drive, in under 90 minutes, despite using US 22 through Phillipsburg and the free bridge at Easton rather than the toll bridge.  Thanks to everyone for posting your recommendations.

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

That's a heck of a drive! Happy to hear we have Devils fans that way.. I take 78 west to get home too though I get off well before PA, maybe you saw a dark gray Subaru with big Devils logo magnets on either side?
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

That's a heck of a drive! Happy to hear we have Devils fans that way.. I take 78 west to get home too though I get off well before PA, maybe you saw a dark gray Subaru with big Devils logo magnets on either side?

That wasn't me - my car is white, has Maryland license plates (I live in the DC area and am visiting my parents this weekend), and has a Philadelphia Eagles license plate holder on the back.  (The Devils are the one exception to my Philadelphia sports fan affiliation; incidentally I'm originally from the Lehigh Valley have never lived in New Jersey.)

#16 Charlesnj2009

Charlesnj2009

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hey I can get discount parking for next season but I normal take a train in. If couple wanna go in I can get it thru season ticket plan
2014-2015 season ticket holder
Section 14
Row 20
Seats 1 and 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users