1814 replies to this topic

#261 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Wright with a CLUTCH game-tying single in the 9th!!!

Sorry but that's just flat out hilarious in light of CR's post tonight.

Edited by nmigliore, 24 April 2013 - 09:24 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#262 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

They did tie it....but man what is Murphy doing swinging on a 2-0 WAAAY inside like that? Also they just cut to commercial but I hope Wright didn't jam anything trying to steal 2nd (got thrown out but not a bad idea)

Edited by '7', 24 April 2013 - 09:25 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#263 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

ugh. Parnell goes 0-2 to Ellis then loses the strikezone

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#264 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:32 PM

I do think the Wright clutch meme gets a bit overblown, he didn't have a big 2006 playoffs and had that terrible AB against the Cubs with a guy on third nobody out down the stretch in 2008 but he's also had 'some' big hits too, including two extra-base hits against Rivera in tie games, one that did win a game in 2006 and another in 2008 that should have won a game if it wasn't for Castillo's popup of doom :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 April 2013 - 09:33 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#265 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Nice job by Parnell after the leadoff walk.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#266 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

I do think the Wright clutch meme gets a bit overblown, he didn't have a big 2006 playoffs and had that terrible AB against the Cubs with a guy on third nobody out down the stretch in 2008 but he's also had 'some' big hits too, including two extra-base hits against Rivera in tie games, one that did win a game in 2006 and another in 2008 that should have won a game if it wasn't for Castillo's popup of doom :P

The Cubs AB still burns me. He was 3-0 in the count as well.

#267 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Little worried about Byrd bunting here with a lack of speed at 3rd. They can force Buck easily

and they execute! Albeit Buck was nearly picked off the pitch before

Edited by '7', 24 April 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#268 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

VALDESPIN GRAND SLAM BABY!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#269 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

At least they let him circle the bases :lol:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#270 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Love Valdespins quick bat

Also...little rough with the pie in the face by Buck. I thought for a second, only the Mets would have a pie associated injury ;-)

22 years since a walk off grand slam

#271 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Holy sh!t, 22 years since the last regular season walkoff grandslam? That shocked me.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#272 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

For the Mets or for anyone?  It should have been 14 years (Ventura in the playoffs lol) :P

#273 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

For the Mets or for anyone?  It should have been 14 years (Ventura in the playoffs lol) :P

Mets. Just seemed way longer than I expected (Ventura aside).

Btw - Buck totally did that "harsh" pie in the face on purpose. I don't think he's a big JV1 fan. I remember Valdespin ignoring Buck's high-five attempt in the Opener and that actually pissed me off a bit. He's LONG had a reputation for being a bit of an ego-maniac and rubbing some teammates the wrong way. Some have literally HATED him, check out this quote from Erik Turgeon, former Met minor leaguer.

Erik Turgeon ‏@ErikTurgeon 18m
Valdespin with a walk off home run. If you need me I will be in the bathroom throwing up! I have Zero respect for that piece of sh!t

Edited by nmigliore, 24 April 2013 - 10:08 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#274 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,059 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

So I guess Valdespin's another Lastings Milledge, only with more talent lol.  Funny how everyone was so up in arms over Reyes showing emotion when he was here, but it's not as if he was ever divaing his teammates.

#275 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:25 PM

When he was in the minors he was suspended and benched for a bunch of different stuff, for not hustling on plays to actually STEALING from teammates. And if anyone follows him on Twitter or Instagram, it doesn't take much to see he's very big on himself (huge ego).

I really do wish him the best and hope he's grown up, but he's the kind of guy, even if he turns into a decent player, that I wouldn't be surprised bounces around a bunch of orgs because of his off the field reputation.

Edited by nmigliore, 24 April 2013 - 10:26 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#276 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,930 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Wow. I certainly hope those stealing rumors aren't true. I mean I can see how he rubs guys the wrong way...I mean he's certainly not in the lovable Mike Baxter type mold.

#277 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

Wright with a CLUTCH game-tying single in the 9th!!!

Sorry but that's just flat out hilarious in light of CR's post tonight.

LOL, it is...that one blew up in my face for sure. 

That being said, Wright's still not a guy who has me saying "uh-oh" when he comes to the plate, if I'm the opposing pitcher...pitch carefully to him, you've got a good chance to strike him out.

But I have to be fair to him...he is off to a strong start this season, by the numbers:

19 GP, .309 BA, .447 OB, .529 SLG, .976 OB+SLG, 2 HR (both came in CO, which is a little worrisome), 16 RBI, 6-for-7 in SB attempts, and a terrific 17 BB-to-11 K ratio.

He got off to a similar start last season, as far as the BB/K goes, before turning into a strikeout machine in the second half of the year.  I forgot how unconscious he was early on last season...he was hitting over .400 as late as May 24, and .353 on July 19 (with an OB+SLG over 1.000 as late as July 24), before the bottom just fell out...from July 19 on, his average just dropped steadily, from .353 to .306.  Hope he doesn't lose it again like that this year.     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 April 2013 - 08:47 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#278 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

He's been amazing to start the season, no complaints at all; he's making a lot of contact, walking a ton, stealing bases. He's going to slow down -- there's just no way he's going to keep walking and striking out at this pace -- but hopefully the regression isn't as harsh as last year's 2nd half was. He's better than that.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#279 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:38 AM

He's been amazing to start the season, no complaints at all; he's making a lot of contact, walking a ton, stealing bases. He's going to slow down -- there's just no way he's going to keep walking and striking out at this pace -- but hopefully the regression isn't as harsh as last year's 2nd half was. He's better than that.

In his best years, he was around 80-90 BB and 110-120 K...last year did fall in that range (81 BB and 112 K), but it was the way he got there that was so disappointing...he was at 48 BB and 41 K through June 30 (33 BB and 71 K the rest of the way...ouch).   

I'm hoping his final numbers are about the same this season...as long as he's not striking out like he did in 2009-11, I'll take it. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#280 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:17 PM

Surprise surprise, Mets already losing in the 1st. Hefner stinks.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users