1814 replies to this topic

#281 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:32 PM

Surprise surprise, Mets already losing in the 1st. Hefner stinks.

No arguments here.  Just keep telling yourself he won't be here forever...that's what I do, lol.

He's actually putting up good numbers so far...4 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K 

Guess we should criticize these guys more often...probably won't work with Ike though...man has he been a major disappointment.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 April 2013 - 01:02 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#282 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Damn...good day for Hef...hope the bats can pick him up. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#283 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:20 PM

11 hits and 23 K on the year for Ike Kingman.  Keep up the great work. 

#30 FOREVER!

#284 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,195 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ike's turning into Carlos Pena, a first baseman who can field and hit 30-100, but his BA and K's are cringeworthy.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#285 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Ike's turning into Carlos Pena, a first baseman who can field and hit 30-100, but his BA and K's are cringeworthy.

And I have to admit, I HATE guys who strike out a lot.  Even though there's some high K-guys (and let's face it, there's Ks to go around in today's MLB) who fill up the power columns, to me those are the guys that feast off watered-down pitching and mistake pitching...those guys are a lot easier to get out when you need to...much more easily overmatched by better pitching. 

#30 FOREVER!

#286 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Man, sucks that it looks like a good Hef start might get wasted...but it seems like the other guy is pitching a fine game himself.

#30 FOREVER!

#287 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Looks like they may only get one run out of this inning, but at least they drove up Ryu's pitch count...they have have gotten him out of there for the 7th.

Oh no...here comes (Str)ike Out Davis.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 April 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#288 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

And of course, StrIKE Out Davis does what he does best.  Jesus Christ.

#30 FOREVER!

#289 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Like I said, Ike needs a platoon partner, and it shouldn't be Justin Turner. If you can't commit to putting Duda at 1B with a RHB in the OF, get rid of one the outfielders and bring up Satin or Lutz.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#290 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hat tip to Hefner. Pitched a nice game after I slammed him after the 1st inning. :P
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#291 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Like I said, Ike needs a platoon partner, and it shouldn't be Justin Turner. If you can't commit to putting Duda at 1B with a RHB in the OF, get rid of one the outfielders and bring up Satin or Lutz.

Agree with what you're saying, but it's still frustrating though...Ike was supposed to be an everyday player...maybe he still can be, but man am I down on him. 

Hat tip to Hefner. Pitched a nice game after I slammed him after the 1st inning. :P

Kind of game the Mets almost have to find a way to win now...not sure many good Hef starts one can expect to get.

#30 FOREVER!

#292 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

CR: I'm with you on Ike overall. It's still not even May but I like Duda as the future at 1B.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#293 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

Dodgers got another inning out of Ryu...nice job on Ryu's part to give his team another inning.

nmig:  kinda sucks about Ike, that we're already talking about him not being the guy.  Is he starting to hear the boo birds yet? 

#30 FOREVER!

#294 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,195 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

He's been hearing boos since Opening Day lol, well not so much the first game I went to but definitely last Friday before his long balls.

Too bad the Marlins don't have another Delgado we can fleece them for (a la the Jacobs deal) :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#295 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

I rarely get to watch full games (my daughter is already 4-and-a-half years old, so I'm busy doing daddy things), but I thought I heard some boos after he struck out yesterday.  I think the Mets fans are ready to start piling on him soon. 

Funny, with today's start, Hef's numbers don't look THAT bad (21 IP, 20 H, 11 BB, 12 K) until you realize that 7 out of the 20 hits left the ballpark.  Amazingly, in two out of his four starts he's only allowed one run.  But yeah, those kinds of starts are going to be the exception and not the norm for him.

#30 FOREVER!

#296 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh...dammit David!

#30 FOREVER!

#297 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,993 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

ugh. CANNOT K in that situation David. And predictably they blow it in the top of the 9th

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#298 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

That 8th inning was the game. I know it was still tied right after but man that was a gut punch.

Better luck against the Phillies.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#299 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Can't really say they blew it (it's not like the game was theirs to lose), but yeah, didn't think they were winning after that 8th.

Oh well...team is .500 after 20 games...considering the expectations, I'll take it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 25 April 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#300 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

Oh yeah almost forgot: thanks for not using your best reliever for the 9th, Terry. Even your standard manager goes to the closer at home in the 9th. Scott Rice is a freakin' career minor league veteran.

Haha NOW Ike homers. Figures.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users