'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

http://www.nj.com/me..._wheeler_3.html

no structural damage

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#542 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

When he makes his next start without issue, then I'll believe all is well.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#543 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

Man this is just depressing. I mean how many runs have they allowed on wild pitches in the past 6-7 years? Like 100?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#544 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

And now here's Murphy on a tailor made DP just chucking the ball into the dugout.

7 years this sort of retardation has persisted. Nothing changes

#545 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

This team is just an embarrassment right now. At this rate at least they look like they could be in the running to get a top 5 pick in the 2014 Draft. Bleh.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#546 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

At this point, fire Collins. And that's an indictment on the players, not him...Fatso interviewed him yesterday, and Collins came off pretty well, for the most part, under the circumstances...a hell of a lot better than Stammerin' Sandy did. It's not Collins' fault that Ike has been a complete bust this season, that Niese has been awful, etc.

But Collins is clearly a lame duck, so what's the difference if they fire him now or at the end of the year (or sometime in between)? The season from a competitive standpoint is already over. Who knows, maybe the team comes to life a little, and wins 5 out of 7 or something for the new guy. Not saying the team will go on an extended tear, but might as well do SOMETHING. If Collins figured into the Mets' plans beyond 2013, I'd say suck it up and deal with the present, but since he doesn't, seems like the only card the Mets have to play to show that Sandy is actually alive.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#547 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

COUNTDOWN TO NEXT HARVEY START:

1 DAY

#30 FOREVER!

#548 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

0-for-2, 2 more Ks for StrIke Out Davis.  How much does someone have to suck before he's sat down around here? 

#30 FOREVER!

#549 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:13 PM

Davis is just a disgrace right now

Solid outing for Niese but Terry went too long with him. He should've been out after the Carpenter double. I prob wouldn't have even started the 8th with him at that pitch count

Edited by '7', 16 May 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#550 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

More strikeouts would be nice but solid outing for Niese nonetheless.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#551 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

Davis is just a disgrace right now

Solid outing for Niese but Terry went too long with him. He should've been out after the Carpenter double. I prob wouldn't have even started the 8th with him at that pitch count

I can't take Davis anymore.  Maybe he has to strike out EVERY at-bat before he's sat down.  This clown is now 0-for-22 with 1 BB and 10 K in his last six games.  How much more of this sh!t do we have to watch?!

One thing about Murph...when he does get hot, he can get REALLY hot.  10 for his last 16...just like that, his batting average is up to .297 on the season.  It was .258 just four days ago.  And just like that, his slash line is in his line with his career:  he's .297/.335/.439 this season, .291/.337/.426 for his career.  On a really good team, you could hide him a little, and he could be useful.  Unfortunately, on a team like this they need to him to do more than he's probably capable of...the unconscious streaks are nice, but he's still slow, not a great fielder, doesn't hit with power and doesn't walk enough.  Hope the Mets don't think of him as more than the average-to-slightly above average player he is. 

Niese is under contract for a while...hope this is the start of better things.  The low K totals continue to be worrisome.    

#30 FOREVER!

#552 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

More strikeouts would be nice but solid outing for Niese nonetheless.

Maybe Ike can lend Niese some of his. 

#30 FOREVER!

#553 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

Looks like the Mets are on their way to making sure Harvey gets screwed out of yet another win in a good performance.  Ike actually got a hit today though.  Guess that's something.

Good for you Matt!  Sucks that you have to now drive in runs to have a shot at a win, but job well done!  You're only 4 points behind Ike fvcking Davis now in BA!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 May 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#554 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ike and Duda fail to drive in an insurance run.  Of course they do.

#30 FOREVER!

#555 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

TC pushing Harvey as usual. 103 pitches and he'll start the 8th. Gotta love a lame duck manager!

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#556 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

That's just ridiculous. The fvck do you let him start the 8th with only a 1 run lead and 103 pitches? Lunacy. Of course there is a leadoff hit (BS hit at that)

#557 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

At least TC pulled Harvey and didn't try and force him through the inning like I thought he would. Of course it'll probably blow up in his face that he took him out. :lol:

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#558 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,746 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

TC pushing Harvey as usual. 103 pitches and he'll start the 8th. Gotta love a lame duck manager!

This worries me a bit too, admittedly.  He's averaging 105 pitches per start.  And yeah, what does Collins care...he won't be around to see his career...I don't think Collins is abusing him though. 

#30 FOREVER!

#559 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

Scott Rice has more walks than strikeouts. I don't care what the matchup is, he shouldn't be pitching in a tight spot like that.

Dumb decision to send the runner plus Byrd's throw saved his ass.

Burke coming in now. Argh. I'd just go to Parnell.

Edited by nmigliore, 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#560 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Scott Rice sucks (of late at least) bailed out by Byrd and a timid baserunner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users