1814 replies to this topic

#621 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Way to go Ruben.  Don't worry, Sandy won't hold you accountable.

At least Terry's got a pulse.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#622 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

LOL of course Tejada gets picked off. 

Not sure if who was trying harder: TC trying to get tossed or the Mets trying to lose.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#623 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

I hope Terry stays fired up to storm into Sandy's office and scream "Jesus H Christ!  Will you wake the fvck up, do your fvcking job and get me some damn players already?  You know, ones that give me a miniscule chance of scoring runs?  I'll settle for decent!  Some of us actually care a little about the 2013 New York Mets!"

Way to go Lucas.  Please continue to play yourself out of the Mets' plans. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#624 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Passive Sandy fact: there isn't ONE semi-decent/in-the-future-plans player on this roster he acquired. Oh, maybe Baxter, who tops out as a 4th outfielder at best. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#625 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

Passive Sandy fact: there isn't ONE semi-decent/in-the-future-plans player on this roster he acquired. Oh, maybe Baxter, who tops out as a 4th outfielder at best. 

That's getting brought up more and more lately.  The Wheeler acquisition and the fact that he's so close to joining the Mets is the one thing that's keeping the Met fans from screaming mutiny.  D'Arnaud showing something before the end of the season will help too.  But I couldn't be more down on Sandy right now. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 May 2013 - 09:56 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#626 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Get Tejada out of this game and off this team. What a knucklehead.

And at 109 pitches they're KEEPING Harvey in? Terry's managing in front of a TV in the dugout, this is all him and it's idiotic. The game is lost already what are you trying to make his arm fall off? Better to let someone else come in, because losing 3-0, 1-0, or 5-0 is all the same

Edited by '7', 28 May 2013 - 10:10 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#627 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

Harvey is too good for this franchise, he really is. 

Guess Ike is just too good to be pinch-hit for. 

#30 FOREVER!

#628 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Did Ike just let another ground ball down the line go? I know this one was foul, but damn. What does it take to learn one's lesson? I feel like little efforts not being given like that have long been a problem for the team.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#629 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Did Ike just let another ground ball down the line go? I know this one was foul, but damn. What does it take to learn one's lesson? I feel like little efforts not being given like that have long been a problem for the team.

That's what comes with no one being held accountable for anything. 

#30 FOREVER!

#630 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:22 PM

Look at the Yankees when the play us. Not a mistake anywhere, perfect execution, no brain farts. Just a crisp a game as possible. They know they have pressure on them to beat the Mets. The Mets on the other hand know there is no accountability, so it's la-di-da

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#631 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hilarious stat: Matt Harvey's average run support this year? 3.09 runs per game. Want to know the kicker? That's BETTER than any other starter on the freakin' team. Amazing. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#632 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

Wow nmig...that is so sad.  Guy could have 9 wins easily.  Way to go Sandy.  Thanks for nothing.

#30 FOREVER!

#633 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

C'mon David!

#30 FOREVER!

#634 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Captain Clutch!

#635 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

GREAT JOB DAVID!

#30 FOREVER!

#636 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

David loves trolling CR! :D

METS WIN. WTF. LOL.

Edited by nmigliore, 28 May 2013 - 10:34 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#637 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

HOLY sh!t!  Even Lucas friggin' Duda gets it done!

#30 FOREVER!

#638 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Wow! That really ended up being beautiful!

#639 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

David loves trolling CR! :D

METS WIN. WTF. LOL.

LOL, David is definitely the least of the Mets' problems right now.

#30 FOREVER!

#640 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Maybe having Rivera throw out the first pitch wasn't such a bad idea after all, heh. :lol:

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users