#761 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Ed Lucas and Juan Pierre again. Game over

I didn't see the whole game (didn't catch it until the 17th inning on), but Harvey had to leave with lower back stiffness.  If there's a god, why does he hate the Mets so much?

I've been wondering myself why god hates the Mets so much. It's like 1986 and 1969 was so miraculous we have a 50 year debt to pay off or something

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#762 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Marlins make hitting so easy. Ruggiano, Morrison, Ed Lucas, Juan Pierre. My god anybody could thing they could play ball with the way these guys tattoo it

hope your enjoying this Sandy (and Fred and Jeff)

also is it too much to ask Niese to hold a 4-1 lead in the 6th? Is that too much to ask?

Edited by '7', 09 June 2013 - 03:24 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#763 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Can you field a baseball in a big spot there murph? is it too fvcking hard to ask? Do you see the Marlins making these kind of gaffes?

Come on, how much more humiliating can it get. We're already running Lagares, Recker, Carson, and a whole host of subhuman garbage n the field. Can our halfway decent players not fvck up at least?

no accountability. You had dingbat Terry keep the bunt on with Baxter when he was 1-2 and Murph on 2nd. He should've been told to abandon the bunt

Everybody the Marlins bring out of the pen is Cy Young. We can't get a hit off of them if our life depended on it.

Edited by '7', 09 June 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#764 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Carson needs to be DFA'd. He's like Mel Rojas bad. He has shown no ability to get anybody out at any time ever. Somehow he's allowed to stay with this team. No accountability again

Edited by '7', 09 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#765 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Really not surprised Sandy still hasn't figured out Carson is not an MLB pitcher.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#766 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:37 PM

Finally, finally, FINALLY they send Ike down (along with Carson and Mike Baxter).  Pretty sad that 1/8 of your roster has to get demoted in a single afternoon, but it's even sadder that we're 3-8 against a AA team.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 June 2013 - 04:40 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#767 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Wow a pulse from Sandy. David Wright totally knew about this -- he said he assumed there would be changes in his postgame interview. Finally Ike and Carson are out. Feel bad for Baxter since I still think he's a solid extra outfielder but he hasn't hit much this year.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#768 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Dammit I like murph

#769 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Dammit I like murph

He had a tough error today given the scenario but he's been much better defensively compared to last year. I doubt he'll ever be much more than average defensively, if that, but I really don't see him as a liability out there anymore. He's been one of the very few solid or better players on this roster, no reason not to like him. 

Edited by nmigliore, 09 June 2013 - 05:20 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#770 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wow a pulse from Sandy. David Wright totally knew about this -- he said he assumed there would be changes in his postgame interview. Finally Ike and Carson are out. Feel bad for Baxter since I still think he's a solid extra outfielder but he hasn't hit much this year.

About time Sandy you fvcking jerk!  EVERYONE knew this move (Ike getting sent down) should've been made a MONTH ago...but it only took Captain Passive 55 games and 186 ABs to see it.  Thank God Ike didn't hit a home run today, so we weren't subjected to another week of more suckage.  Congratulations on being the last to know Sandy.  What a complete buffoon. 

Guess this moron finally looked up "accountability" in the dictionary.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 09 June 2013 - 06:21 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#771 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Dammit I like murph

He's loaded with limitations, but at least the guy is always trying.  Problem is he's being asked to do too much (more than he's capable of), just like David Wright.  Murph's main distinction is that he can go on unconscious hitting streaks...but when he's not on one, then you see the weaknesses:  lack of walks, etc.   

He is what he is...if Captain Passive can start finding good players to play other positions, Murph's deficiencies can be minimized, and I think he's a good guy to have in the locker room. 

Basically, you have a good-to-very good complementary hitter (Wright) and a solid pro (Murph) who are being asked to be #1 and #1A by default.  Neither player is really capable of being the kind of hitter that the Mets are asking them to be, so both of them are going to frustrate from time to time.  But there is literally nothing else in the daily lineup...Byrd will have his occasional moments.  Too bad Buck has completely disappeared, though that insane start will make his power numbers look good at first glance. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#772 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

Satin, Cowgill, and Edgin being recalled from AAA.

Good for Satin, deserves a chance.

Edited by nmigliore, 09 June 2013 - 08:57 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#773 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

We all know the three replacements coming up will probably not make much difference, but at least it shows that Sandy gives the slightest damn about 2013...I think that's all Met fans were really asking for. 

#30 FOREVER!

#774 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Yea these moves are pretty much lipstick on a pig, but it's an indictment on Sandy (man was this guy overrated) that Carson was kept here for so long, that it's stinking Cowgill coming up. I honestly thought Alderson and his crew were good talent evaluators

#775 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

Yea these moves are pretty much lipstick on a pig, but it's an indictment on Sandy (man was this guy overrated) that Carson was kept here for so long, that it's stinking Cowgill coming up. I honestly thought Alderson and his crew were good talent evaluators

We knew this year was going to be very hard to trudge through, and man has it been every bit that.  But Sandy's inability or flat-out refusal to address ANYTHING as it has come up this year (the Ike Davis situation was allowed to drag on to the point of absurdity) has made it that much more difficult.  I know GMs can't make moves solely to appease the fanbase (and our fanbase is about as angry and rabid as it gets right now), but with the situation being what it is, a GM in Sandy's position can't come off as being clueless, indifferent, indecisive, and so damned passive, and that's how Sandy is coming off these days.

Did we know Ike's temporary replacement wasn't going to be much more than "lipstick on a pig"?  Yes, but that wasn't the point.  When you're punting away a season and making it obvious that you're doing it, fans know the on-field product is going to be difficult to take, but at least use the time to establish team and franchise concepts such as accountability (ESPECIALLY accountability), etc.  Valdespin should've been flat-out benched for stealing third, right then, right there.  For once, let your friggin' players know that enough is enough!  Acceptance of too many things in this clubhouse has been a problem for far too long with this franchise...how many Mets have been hit by a pitch, and nothing was done about it by Met pitching? 

#30 FOREVER!

#776 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,889 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

We knew this year was going to be very hard to trudge through, and man has it been every bit that.  But Sandy's inability or flat-out refusal to address ANYTHING as it has come up this year (the Ike Davis situation was allowed to drag on to the point of absurdity) has made it that much more difficult.  I know GMs can't make moves solely to appease the fanbase (and our fanbase is about as angry and rabid as it gets right now), but with the situation being what it is, a GM in Sandy's position can't come off as being clueless, indifferent, indecisive, and so damned passive, and that's how Sandy is coming off these days.

Did we know Ike's temporary replacement wasn't going to be much more than "lipstick on a pig"?  Yes, but that wasn't the point.  When you're punting away a season and making it obvious that you're doing it, fans know the on-field product is going to be difficult to take, but at least use the time to establish team and franchise concepts such as accountability (ESPECIALLY accountability), etc.  Valdespin should've been flat-out benched for stealing third, right then, right there.  For once, let your friggin' players know that enough is enough!  Acceptance of too many things in this clubhouse has been a problem for far too long with this franchise...how many Mets have been hit by a pitch, and nothing was done about it by Met pitching? 

exactly right. And yes valdespin was an idiot trying to steal 2nd and should've been benched, but when he was plunked by the Pirated we should've hit back. Even if Jordanny isn't the most well liked player on the team he is still a teammate, and has contributed to some wins among his brain farts.

Another thing that annoys me is that they're never the aggressor! How long has Ryan Howard admired his HR's against the Mets? Forever seemingly. Have we ever drilled him? No. How about Chipper Jones was he ever moved off the plate in 18 years? Not once

I think this pansy "let's just place nice and congratulate the opposition for walking all over us" mindset comes from the Wilpons. It wouldn't shock me if they actually instruct the managers to not retaliate or instigate.

#777 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Step 1 would be getting past the idea that Wright is a leader.  He doesn't have that in him, and being the best player on a bad team full of no-talents doesn't make a guy a leader by default. I know the leader/captain thing is often overblown/romanticized, as though such a guy is constantly making award-winning speeches or carrying his team to 90% of their wins.  What the Mets really need is a Kirk Gibson-type, a Claude Lemieux, a guy with a clear identity who may not be the best player, but who simply hates losing, and somehow inspires guys around him, and has a way of raising his game.  Wright is nowhere near that kind of guy.  Like I keep saying, Wright at this point is the perfect complementary 1A-type, but the Mets seem to be insistent on making him the cornerstone, the franchise, the leader.  He's never going to be anything more than a poor man's version of all of that.  Not his fault, just hate when someone is asked/forced to do more than he is capable of...not fair to anyone.   

I think Harvey can be a leader-type, but it's better if it's an everyday player filling that role.  I think Murph is closer to that than David Wright is, and I think if Sandy ever finds a way to get more damned talent around him, I think Murph could possibly be the guy in the clubhouse, the gritster who fights for everything and knows it ain't comin' easily.   

fvck the Wilpons...they're a couple of incompetent clowns, and any identity the on-field product has should never come from them.  They're the kind of guys you NEVER want to hear anything about...the only times they're in the news, it seems to be for the wrong reasons.  Trying to build an identity from your GM is dangerous business too...remember when Steve Phillips and Omar Minaya were at first lauded and loved because they were aggressive and almost brash in making moves?

I think a good mindset has to come from the manager and some key players.  Terry was a lame duck from the day he was hired, and especially so now, so it ain't coming from him.  It's not coming from Wright.  Maybe Harvey?  Maybe someone who's not even a Met yet?  I don't know.     

#30 FOREVER!

#778 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Apparently Murphy will likely be the 1B now. I really don't like that at all; once again he's jerked off of a position and I'm not understanding the point of getting Valdespin or Turner in the lineup over Satin. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#779 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Sandy is a moron.  Murph has worked his ass off to become a decent-fielding second baseman (which is a hell of a lot better than anyone thought he'd be...hats off to Murph on that one), Sandy calls up a FIRST BASEMAN, and has yet another guy who could play first base if needed in Duda. 

If I'm trying to get into Sandy's thick head, I can only guess the following:

He doesn't think Satin will ever be a part of this team in 2014 and beyond.  Well if that's the case, why even bring him up at all? 

He's hoping Valdespin shows something at second base (playing every day), which opens up the possibility of trading him or Murphy, or keeping both players (with Murph remaining at first) and trading Davis.

All it feels like to me is a bunch of questions...too damned many.  And second base wasn't broken, and Murph was getting better at paying it.  So why fvck with him?  To get friggin' VALDESPIN playing time? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 11 June 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#780 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,209 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Yeah I really don't get it. Murphy has looked better and better at the position and now he might be playing 1B for awhile. I hate this. I really don't understand this obsession with Valdespin; he's a supposedly a terrible teammate in the clubhouse and he's not any good at baseball. 

Satin will probably only play 1B vs LHP for now. Hopefully it doesn't take long for this front office to figure out Valdespin shouldn't be playing everyday. Not that I think Satin could either, but he at least deserves a chance given his track record, and he wouldn't force silly defensive shifts like this.

Edited by nmigliore, 11 June 2013 - 06:32 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users