1814 replies to this topic

#801 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

It's too bad d'Arnaud is hurt, John Buck has been horrible since mid-April.

Edited by nmigliore, 14 June 2013 - 06:53 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#802 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

Tonight's positive...Wright is 2-for-2 and inching back towards .300. 

Hope Valdespin and Lucas Doofus continue to play themselves off the team.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#803 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

It's too bad d'Arnaud is hurt, John Buck has been horrible since mid-April.

I was hoping he'd able to do just enough to fool some GM into thinking he might be worth adding at the deadline.  But they all likely know his at-a-glance pretty good power numbers were built up by those monster first 10 games (.351, 1.215 OB+SLG, 6 HR, 19 RBI).  He's been pretty useless in the 45 games since. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#804 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

Within one hit of 10 for the night...

Wright up to .297.

#30 FOREVER!

#805 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

Wright is hitting everything now, but that was a horrible play getting thrown out at 3rd with one out in the 7th. Could've had 1st and 2nd one out instead of 1st and 2 outs. Changes the whole makeup of the inning. This kind of stuff has persisted since 2007.

Duda actually drives in a run not named Duda. Impressive

Edited by '7', 14 June 2013 - 08:57 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#806 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

Wright is hitting everything now, but that was a horrible play getting thrown out at 3rd with one out in the 7th. Could've had 1st and 2nd one out instead of 1st and 2 outs. Changes the whole makeup of the inning. This kind of stuff has persisted since 2007.

Dud actually drives in a run not named Duda. Impressive

That's kind of why I don't love the Mets' identity being built around Wright.  He's been a part of the futility and failures.

Yeah, Doofus is on a hot streak, lol.

#30 FOREVER!

#807 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Actually went to the game yesterday...got in some great tailgating and some good eating/drinking.  Game was pretty secondary.

Mets are 2-10 since sweeping the Yankees.  70 wins is looking like a longshot.  At least Wheeler's coming.

#30 FOREVER!

#808 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

Actually went to the game yesterday...got in some great tailgating and some good eating/drinking.  Game was pretty secondary.

Mets are 2-10 since sweeping the Yankees.  70 wins is looking like a longshot.  At least Wheeler's coming.

What section? I was there too, section 312 (1B side, 2nd level).

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#809 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Wow that was a fun Walkoff win! Finally something exiting, great for Kirk!
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#810 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:16 AM

What section? I was there too, section 312 (1B side, 2nd level).

Oh man, too bad, would've been nice to have met.  I was in 108, front row...we get those tix once a year through my father-in-law.  We got to the game around 9:30 am, went into the game around the third inning, went back out into the lot in the 7th for more eats. 

My car is a Stinger Yellow 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee...I was parked by the train.  You may have seen me...my car is impossible to miss, lol.

Yeah, great for Kirk...I think we know his days as a major-leaguer are probably numbered (he's not the future here, or probably anywhere else), but yesterday was a moment he can hang on to and remember fondly. 

#30 FOREVER!

#811 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:20 AM

BTW Ike's numbers through 6 games playing for the 51s are just as putrid as they were on the Mets:

6 GP, 4-for-23 (.174 BA), 1 RBI, 4 BB, 7 K. 

Starting to think he has the hitter's equivalent of Steve Blass disease,

Hate to say it, but I think the Mets have to start planning for a future without Ike at first, though I think Sandy is probably extremely hesitant to do so. 

#30 FOREVER!

#812 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Duda playing 1B! Finally a defensive alignment I can get behind. 

This is probably the end of Valdespin's chances, thankfully.

Edited by nmigliore, 17 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#813 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Duda playing 1B! Finally a defensive alignment I can get behind. 

This is probably the end of Valdespin's chances, thankfully.

Pretty funny, it was only about 4 days ago that Collins said Murphy wouldn't be switching between first and second. 

Great if this means that Valdespin is on his way out, but I really hope Lucas Doofus is next.  This guy sucks.  He's a friggin' strikeout waiting to happen with runners on base.  Let him take his 420-ft solo home run act somewhere else. 

#30 FOREVER!

#814 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

I bet it was a mandate from Sandy, though TC doing a 180 on something in a week's worth of time is pretty common.

Duda's numbers have come down after the hot start, but I'm hoping he can hit enough to have some value at 1B. He's currently sitting with a 118 wRC+, not good but not bad; that would put him in line with Brandon Moss and Mike Napoli, guys on pace for something around a 2-win season. Anything beats the outfield; he was quite literally the WORST defensive outfielder in baseball. Since 2011: LAST in UZR, LAST in DRS among outfielders with at least 1500 innings out there. Whether you like Duda or not, at the very least getting him out of the outfield is an accomplishment and gives him a chance to have SOME value to this team.

ZiPS and Steamer, two good projection systems, aren't high on his bat the rest of the way; both see him finishing with a wRC+ of 108 and 109, respectively. That really won't cut it at 1B, especially for a guy who is unlikely to be any good with the glove there, so hopefully he does better than that. 

Edited by nmigliore, 17 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#815 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

4-hit game for Duda. He missed a home run by just a few feet.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#816 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Oy! That hurts.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#817 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

Of course they blew it.

I didn't even watch, way too late of a start. Glad I didn't watch this one.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 June 2013 - 05:35 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#818 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,171 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:36 AM

Whatever though, this team is going nowhere anyway. More encouraging is Duda with 4 hits and Gee tossing a gem. And today's Harvey/Wheeler Day, very exciting. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#819 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

Gee's pitch count was creeping up. Upton just got a hit...Freeman had Gee's number all game

Earth to Terry. Use your fvcking closer

But all logic goes out the window at Turner Field. The Mets will get swept all 5 games you can count on that. And the 86 Mets would likely get swept there too.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#820 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,821 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:20 AM

Whatever though, this team is going nowhere anyway. More encouraging is Duda with 4 hits and Gee tossing a gem. And today's Harvey/Wheeler Day, very exciting.

Even when the team is going "somewhere" the results are the same. It's a deeper issue for the Mets in Turner Field

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users