1814 replies to this topic

#841 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

LOL now Upton comes up. TC totally botched "wasting" him before when he WASN'T officially announced into the game. Jeez.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#842 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Great, two ERs on Harvey's record that didn't need to be there.  Are you watching this Captain Passive?  Is Terry still safe?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 June 2013 - 02:56 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#843 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hey Passive, want to begin to erase the perception of the Mets being amateur from the top down?  THEN FIRE COLLINS!  He's clearly not a part of your future, but keep letting him manage and he just might screw it up for you.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#844 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

alright Scott Rice's 15 minutes are up.

SO TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME AND BRING THE CLOSER IN!

rather lose with parnell

Edited by '7', 18 June 2013 - 03:01 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#845 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

What a complete joke this has been. WHERE THE fvck IS PARNELL?

Edited by nmigliore, 18 June 2013 - 03:02 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#846 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:03 PM

3 ER on Harvey's record that so did NOT need to be there. 

Passive, I know it seems to be a major chore to get you to do anything in 2013, but can you PLEASE for the love of GOD send Collins packing?!

#30 FOREVER!

#847 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Parnell about 14 hours too late

this seals it for me. Collins is lost, and he's stupid. I don't know if Backmas the future but he can't be much worse than this

Edited by '7', 18 June 2013 - 03:06 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#848 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

I think Terry just killed whatever sympathy he had from Met fans, who thought he wasn't dealt a great hand, was in a tough situation, etc.  No wonder he couldn't get a job anywhere else in the majors since '99.  And was clearly a lame duck here since Day 1.

Good for Bobby.  That was a tough call.

Parnell about 14 hours too late

this seals it for me. Collins is lost, and he's stupid. I don't know if Backmas the future but he can't be much worse than this

Rumor is Captain Passive isn't a Backman supporter. 

#30 FOREVER!

#849 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

What, did any of us really think the Mets were going to add an insurance run? 

Wright is 1-for-8 in this series...not much of a surprise.  He's hitting .209 with a .280 OB%, with 16 BB and 47 K against the Braves, since 2010.  And this is why Wright can be so maddening.  Just seems to have that way of disappearing when you really need him...

#30 FOREVER!

#850 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

Wright is having a brutal game in the field today.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#851 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

This is why people chuckle when David Wright is seen as the leader of the Mets.  Good player, yes.  Nothing more.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 June 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#852 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Great job Parnell, our All-Star closer.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#853 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Big save for Bobby.  That was NOT an easy one. 

#30 FOREVER!

#854 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,116 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think Terry just killed whatever sympathy he had from Met fans, who thought he wasn't dealt a great hand, was in a tough situation, etc.  No wonder he couldn't get a job anywhere else in the majors since '99.  And was clearly a lame duck here since Day 1.

Good for Bobby.  That was a tough call.

Rumor is Captain Passive isn't a Backman supporter. 

The one encouraging thing I've heard about Backman is that he's among the better bullpen managers out there.

I'm not a huge fan...character issues and such with him

But Geren would be more of the same imho

Edited by '7', 18 June 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#855 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Even on a day when Harvey FINALLY got a fvcking WIN, it still feels like him team found a way to screw him.  It's usually his teammates not scoring any damned runs for him, and now it's his manager throwing him out for an inning when his day should've clearly been done.

Could've had a 1.90 ERA, but now it sits at 2.16 due to his manager's stupidity.

re:  Backman...I think he'd probably already have the job by now, if Sandy had any confidence in him.  I don't know what more Terry has to do to lose his job...I think there's enough in the file to justify canning him, especially after today.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 18 June 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#856 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yeah I've been projecting Backman as the next manager but there's been plenty of smoke that this front office isn't a fan, so maybe not. I think Geren would be the interim manager if they fired TC.

Edited by nmigliore, 18 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#857 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't even think it matters anymore whether or not Geren will make any great difference.  I just think it's getting the amateurs out of here.  What Terry did with Harvey today was so friggin' amateur, on all levels...just a complete joke...he did everything to manage a win away for Harvey and his team.  Collins is gone at the end of the season anyway no matter what, so what is the friggin' difference? 

#30 FOREVER!

#858 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Oh yeah, Happy Zack Wheeler Day! 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#859 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Teufel for interim manager?

Wheeler is back on?

#30 FOREVER!

#860 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,439 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Which is exactly why Collins needs to be put out of his misery. He's using up Harvey like a guy who isn't worried about tomorrow because there likely isn't a tomorrow for him if the Mets keep losing.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users