1814 replies to this topic

#941 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

FINALLY, a Mets pitcher drills someone in retaliation!  About fvcking time!

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#942 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

Thank God Buck hit a dinger when it really mattered.

Oh well, one of those days.  16-16 over their last 32 GP. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#943 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

Dickey wins today to even his record at 8-8. 

Gotta admit, I still root for the guy.  Really comes off as a genuinely good guy in the Knuckleball! movie.  I would love to see him have a strong second half...hard to believe he's got more wins than Harvey.

#30 FOREVER!

#944 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Dickey wins today to even his record at 8-8.

Gotta admit, I still root for the guy. Really comes off as a genuinely good guy in the Knuckleball! movie. I would love to see him have a strong second half...hard to believe he's got more wins than Harvey.

I saw that movie recently too, impossible not to miss the guy really given how unique he is.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#945 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

And of course Marlon Byrd misses a game tying home run by an inch. literally

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#946 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

John Buck really is human garbage. Amazing that the Mets end up with these moron players all the time.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#947 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

D-backs pulling a Marlins on us

#948 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Last 33 GP:  17-16

Mets actually drew some walks for a change...even John Buck did...three of them!

Seven game hitting streak for Satin...now batting .395 with a .511 OB%.  I think we all know it's very likely Satin will cool off in a big way eventually, but the fact is he's made the most out of his opportunity.  So I think he deserves to play for a while and ride this out, no matter what Ike Davis does for Vegas.

And sadly for Ike, that's not much lately.  He went 0-for-5 with 3 K last night.  He's now 3-for-22 in his last 6 GP, 0 HR, 0 RBI, 3 BB, 6 K.  He's playing like a guy who belongs in AAA...outside of that 5-dinger-in-four-game burst, he hasn't done much. 

Syndergaard is off to a nice start in AA:  2 starts, 11 IP, 9 H, 3 BB, 16 K, 2.45 ERA.  He might see a little AAA ball before the season's out at this rate.

Montero is having a rough time so far since being promoted to Vegas:  18.1 IP, 27 H, 16 R, 12 ER, 7 BB, 19 K, 5.89 ERA.  Always hard to tell how much of a pitcher's struggle is PCL-related or if that gets inside a guy's head, but Montero is known for having pinpoint control...7 BB in 18.1 IP is a lot for him.  He's still getting his Ks, but he's really giving up a ton of hits.     

#30 FOREVER!

#949 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

I think Ike probably expected to be called up after that HR streak, and has been slowly stewing since then (as evidence his tantrum the other night that got him ejected in the 6th)

on another note, Byrd did homer last night ggABD6A.gif

#950 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

I think Ike probably expected to be called up after that HR streak, and has been slowly stewing since then (as evidence his tantrum the other night that got him ejected in the 6th)

on another note, Byrd did homer last night ggABD6A.gif

Whoa? That has to be Photoshopped or something. I saw the replay a bunch of times in HD last night and it CLEARLY hit the orange top of the wall. Where did you find that .gif? That's definitely a fake. 

Here is HD footage from MLB.com, again clearly hits the top of the wall it couldn't even be more obvious honestly: http://wapc.mlb.com/...me_pk=undefined

Edited by nmigliore, 02 July 2013 - 08:13 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#951 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Whoa? That has to be Photoshopped or something. I saw the replay a bunch of times in HD last night and it CLEARLY hit the orange top of the wall. Where did you find that .gif? That's definitely a fake. 

Here is HD footage from MLB.com, again clearly hits the top of the wall it couldn't even be more obvious honestly: http://wapc.mlb.com/...me_pk=undefined

it's from the D-backs feed. If you look very closely at the above link...freeze it at 0.05 seconds in when the Arizona outfielder has both hands in the air, you will see the ricochet as the ball changes directions

#952 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Yeah, agree here.  Clearly hits the orange.

Waaaah, maybe he should've done more than hit .160 or so for the first 10 weeks of the season, for the SECOND year in a row.  Want to come back up?  Then stop sulking and starting hitting.  fvcking clown.

#30 FOREVER!

#953 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I remember Ike did supposedly throw a tantrum at one point he wasn't called up and Sandy had to smooth things over.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#954 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yeah, I think right after Doofus went on the DL Ike had his little tiff.

Ike should realize he has no one but himself to blame.  Mets were patient to a fault with him.  Guess he thought a good week or week and a half hitting in a hitter's league would be enough.  Like I said, I think it would be incredibly unfair to Satin to have to sit in favor of Ike.  I don't care what Ike's pedigree is...guy has to learn you don't get to keep doing next to nothing for the first 10 or 11 weeks of the season.  If Ike hadn't sucked so damned much, the door doesn't open for a guy like Satin...hell, it took Doofus (another guy who didn't deserve to keep playing) getting hurt before Satin really got a fair shot. 

BTW, Satin's minor league numbers are pretty good, though he doesn't hit many home runs at a position that usually demands power.  He hits for good average, gets on base (.398 career OB% in the minors)...I know he's kind of bounced all over the infield (most of his minor-league games were at 2B, with the second-most at 1B), so I'm not sure if fielding was an issue for him. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 July 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#955 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Tomorrow could be the day the Mets bring back Ike since this string of facing LHP will end. I really hope it doesn't happen. He's fallen back down to Earth in Vegas and Satin has been doing fine. Somebody made the point on another board but it really sends a bad message if you bring him up.

CR hit it on the head: he's started the last two seasons so badly, he really should just shut up and stop complaining. Go produce in Vegas for a couple months, or at least until Satin's magic runs comes to end, and then we'll talk.

And regarding Satin, I'm so happy to see him having this success. He was always a complete afterthought as a prospect since he was old for every level but all he did was hit as he moved up. It's a major success he's even in the Majors, let alone on a nice hot-streak like this.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#956 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

imho the crew chief handled this poorly. They played late into the night yesterday. The Mets had a 1-0 lead it was an official game, they don't call it. DBacks tie. Mets go up 2-1, bases loaded nobody out. They don't even let the situation play out, call for a delay and now it's 10:30 and they still haven't resumed. I mean how late are they going to make them play tonight? They should've just called it for the Mets.

#957 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,506 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

Last 34 GP:  18-16

Hefner's ERA drops for the ninth straight start.  It was at 5.00 when the streak began.  It's now down to 3.54.  He has a 2.40 ERA in his last 9 starts.  Unbelievable.  Good for him. 

Re:  Satin/Ike, Satin is one of the guys who is making the Mets watchable right now.  Ike was one of the guys that made you want to ram a fist into your TV.  Sorry Ike, but I think the days of the first baseman's job being yours to lose is over, and it's your fault that they are.  I know this is only temporary...all it's going to take is Satin having one bad week and Ike shredding AAA pitching for that to change, which I think is unfair to Satin, because he's not going to keep hitting .390, and every hitter endures a slump at some point.  It is going to seem extremely unfair if Satin goes, say, 3-for-23 or something like that over a 6-game stretch, while Ike goes crazy over the same period in AAA, and quickly gets his job back, especially since Ike got 55 friggin' games to try to get his act together.  I get the impression that Ike already feels some entitlement that he shouldn't really have when it comes to first base for the Mets...I agree with nmig that bringing him back relatively quickly would set a crappy example.  At the very least, I think Ike should be made to stay in Vegas for a while just to let him know that you can't be invisible for months at a time at the major-league level, have a few solid AAA weeks, and think you can just reclaim your job at the expense of the guy who not waited patiently to get his chance, but is doing the job light-years better than you did.  Kinda nice to have someone who isn't a strikeout machine in the lineup for a change. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 03 July 2013 - 05:49 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#958 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Of course Cody Ross hits a 3-run HR. Mets giving Harvey little run support as usual.

Also, Harvey at 100 pitches and just had a long inning. But I'm sure we'll see him back out there to start the 7th because TC loves pushing arms.

Edited by nmigliore, 03 July 2013 - 09:50 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#959 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

Ike hit another homer tonight.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#960 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Terry again abusing Harvey with the pitch count

D-backs about to blow this open because of TC's stupidity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users