1814 replies to this topic

#1201 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Harvey out after 5.2 IP and 110 pitches.  Weird to see that kind of pitch count considering he didn't walk anybody. 

The lack of run support for him is beyond maddening. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1202 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

The bats have gone completely cold. Just stone cold with no luck to speak of (morrison diving catch on Byrd)

Harvey, as good as he's been, completely hits a wall at about 100 pitches. That's not much of a criticism though.

I just can't wait to be rid of the Marlins. Watch they go lose 8 in a row now. It's amazing the strange baseball abilities that they're just able to conjure out of nowhere when playing us

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1203 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

The Mets were the first team that couldn't score a run against Koehler as a starting pitcher this season.  Outstanding.

Looks like the decision to keep the band together at the trade deadline is paying off handsomely. 

Oh well, this one's not over yet.

RE:  Harvey's pitch count, for a guy who doesn't walk anyone (well under 2 per 9 IP) and has such a good WHIP (0.88), he throws more pitches than one would think...he averages about 100 pitches per 6.85 IP...that's not bad, but seems high for the low amount of runners that reach base against him.  I'm guessing the Mets will try to induce him to pitch a little more to contact in the seasons to come. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 August 2013 - 02:25 PM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1204 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ike draws walks.  I think I've run out of good things to say about him otherwise.

#30 FOREVER!

#1205 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

I suspect Buck's wife is sitting on a cork trying to delay this kid as long as she can so d'Arnaud can't come up and take her husbands job! ;-)

seriously though, it is going to be exciting to see him finally in a Mets uniform. I was worried this would be a complete lost season, instead it will only be a mostly lost season.

Edited by '7', 01 August 2013 - 02:28 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1206 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I suspect Buck's wife is sitting on a cork trying to delay this kid as long as she can so d'Arnaud can't come up and take her husbands job! ;-)

seriously though, it is going to be exciting to see him finally in a Mets uniform. I was worried this would be a complete lost season, instead it will only be a mostly lost season.

d'Arnaud getting hurt is definitely the second-biggest disappointment of 2013 behind Ike sucking.  Buck did what he could at least, though he simply doesn't hit the damned ball nearly enough. 

Definitely some nice positives this year, even with Passive doing little to help the on-field product, other than what-the-hell moves that managed to pay off.    

#30 FOREVER!

#1207 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

d'Arnaud getting hurt is definitely the second-biggest disappointment of 2013 behind Ike sucking.  Buck did what he could at least, though he simply doesn't hit the damned ball nearly enough. 

Definitely some nice positives this year, even with Passive doing little to help the on-field product, other than what-the-hell moves that managed to pay off.    

early on the results were pretty wretched. Remember Cowgill? Rick Ankiel off the scrap heap? I honestly thought Sandy was losing it with those guys

#1208 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

early on the results were pretty wretched. Remember Cowgill? Rick Ankiel off the scrap heap? I honestly thought Sandy was losing it with those guys

I've been about as critical as I can of Passive.  A lot of the moves he made were zilch moves, but some of them are actually working (for the moment, anyway).  You don't go out and get guys like Eric Young and Marlon Byrd and think you're going to get what the Mets have gotten out of them.  EY was a DFA guy that cost the Mets Collin McHugh...Byrd signed for $700k.  As bad as John Buck has been for long stretches, he's got a shot at career-highs in HR and RBI...he was a salary-dump throw-in in the d'Arnaud trade.  Marcum was a injury-risk who - SURPRISE - got injured (just like Chris Young).  And the throw-it-against-the-wall-and-hope-it-sticks approach he took with the bullpen is somehow actually working now...the bullpen has been pitching well lately.  Passive's approach to 2013 actually reminds me of the owner in "Major League"...it's almost like the team is doing some winning to spite him.    

The positives really have nothing to do with Sandy.  He didn't draft Harvey.  Beltran was going to fetch a nice return...he was playing well and was still a big name, so not sure how much credit Sandy deserves for Wheeler.  Dickey was another guy brought in by Omar who had his Cy Young Award career year at just the right time...he was going to fetch a nice return too, though it's looking like Syndergaard might be the biggest piece for the Mets in that one.  But Sandy hasn't exactly been the second coming of Frank Cashen, that's for damned sure...and right now it seems like the team is playing a bit better in spite of him, and not because of him.     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 August 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#1209 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Edgin to the DL and Pedro Feliciano is getting called up. I love it; great for Pedro, he's been stuck in the minors all year working his ass off to get back. He hasn't thrown a single MLB pitch since 2010, when he left the Mets. This move means zilch for the team moving forward, and he might be pretty bad at this point depending how light the stuff has gotten, but just for the feel-good story behind it and also the nostalgia, I'm happy he's getting the call. 

Edited by nmigliore, 02 August 2013 - 04:42 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1210 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

Gee being sent out to the start the 8th despite being at 99 pitches. Not a big fan of this. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#1211 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Because TC wants to leave Gee in (wrong) and because he decides Aardsma > Hawkins in Parnell's absence (wrong again), the game is tied.

Feliciano just put out the fire and keep the game tied, getting their best hitter to groundout. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1212 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:26 PM

Mets get a runner to 3rd with 1 out. Turner strikes out. 

Sigh.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1213 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

Turner looked like he'd never held a bat before in that AB vs Crow. What a disgraceful sequence.

Not a crazy decision by Terry. If Gee was at 104 or so I think he pulls him. At 99 and up 2-0 he wanted to see if Gee had maybe 5 more pitches in his arsenal to get 1 batter.

#1214 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

fvck.

David just popped his hammy.

Goodnight, this is a fvcking mess. 

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1215 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well I hope it isn't torn. Whatever the case he's going to be out a while

fvck man. There really is no debate. The Mets are the unluckiest franchise in baseball since 2007. It's not even close.

And OF COURSE John Fvck hits into a double play. Get the fvck off this team and let's get D'Arnaud in here

Edited by '7', 02 August 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#1216 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm so fvcking pissed from this. I blame the Mets AND Wright for this bullsh!t; this hamstring issue came up in Miami yet BOTH parties decided to let it fly by like nothing. David swept it under the rug so fast and the Mets showed zero power in sitting him. Wright is obviously a big competitor, I mean the guy was playing part of 2011 with a broken back, but he really should know better. This is a LOST season, not a playoff chase; accept that sitting a few days is probably the right call for your and the team's future, even if it hurts you in the very short-term. 

Edited by nmigliore, 02 August 2013 - 10:07 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1217 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

I'm so fvcking pissed from this. I blame the Mets AND Wright for this bullsh!t; this hamstring issue came up in Miami yet BOTH parties decided to let it fly by like nothing. David swept it under the rug so fast and the Mets showed zero power in sitting him. 

true, very true. Tough to get too mad at David. Still all of this could've been avoided if we just won the game a few innings before. Still the Mets aren't the only club to let guys play through injuries. Jeter just came back for the Yankees and got hurt right away...and only just returned recently. I think they had a similar issue with Youkilis.

Edited by '7', 02 August 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#1218 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,796 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

Well I sure don't feel like jumping around like a lunatic after what happened to Wright :-P

Carlos Torres was great in his perfect role.

Honestly I had no idea Miguel Tejada was in baseball until tonight

Aardsma's velocity wasn't impressive tonight. The guns are usually a bit juiced as it is. So if it's showing 92-93 I figure Aardsma is at 90-91 or so.

Ike looked good at the plate today

Edited by '7', 02 August 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#1219 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Meh, nice to see them win a game they should've won but the Wright injury really just ruined this game. Ugh.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#1220 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,147 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

Wright will have MRI tmrw. Collins said it likely isn’t good.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users