21 replies to this topic

#21 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I could be wrong but to me it seems like if they are trading for a forward (and I think they will) it only makes sense to get someone who can play first or second line. Especially if zubrus needs surgery, they will need an impact winger.

#22 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think iginla is plausible. Would fit in real well with this teams system, and I don't think the flames can ask for a ton in return. I don't think iginla is staying in Calgary and he's not in his prime anymore. More importantly the devils really only have a 2 year window here to win a cup. Brodeur nearing retirement and Elias getting up there in age are two big factors. I think Lou knows this and would be fairly aggressive to put this team over the edge.

I would LOVE Iginla, but I just don't see it. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved his game and have always wanted him in a Devils sweater, but given his current salary, age, and potential cost to acquire (not to mention other potential factors) I'm just not sure how I could envision seeing him in New Jersey. Otoh, the one way I could see this is if the folks in Calgary decide that they wanted to give Iginla a solid chance at a cup before he calls it quits. It happens, tho not much. In that event they might not ask very much and I could see the Devs being a target for where they'd want to send him.

Of course, given the history Lou has had with mid season veteran help, the odds aren't good that even if we got him he would help much. Ah, if only we had him years ago.... Damn that would've been nice.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users