#1 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Jay Pandolfo's AAV with BOS on 1-yr deal is $600K, annual salary of $350K in minors. All pro-rated now of course. Now must clear waivers.
Posted Image

#2 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I admire the lack of dignity. I'm always a little envious of that kind of thing.  I mean... pride is a cardinal sin right?  Is it pride that would have motivated my alternate decision to seek employment with the Devils front office rather than face the thought of embarrassing myself on ice for the love of the game?  it opens up a whole mental conundrum for me, stuff like this.

He and Gomez always did remind me a little bit of Dumb and Dumber. :unsure:

I'm here for the party

#3 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I admire the lack of dignity. I'm always a little envious of that kind of thing. I mean... pride is a cardinal sin right? Is it pride that would have motivated my alternate decision to seek employment with the Devils front office rather than face the thought of embarrassing myself on ice for the love of the game? it opens up a whole mental conundrum for me, stuff like this.

He and Gomez always did remind me a little bit of Dumb and Dumber. :unsure:

He knew that he would most likely end up in Providence and that's not a really a bad thing. You need older vets to show the younger guys how things are suppose to be done plus I don't know his finiancial situation but an extra years worth of money at that kind of salary never hurts.

#4 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Agreed.   Super Jay isn't trying to relive his essential PK killer days...   But If you're being offering 200k+  (prorated salaries) to lead and mentor up and coming hockey players, while being an insurance policy for the Bruins...    how do you turn that down?      Why would you?    

Edited by aylbert, 12 February 2013 - 03:26 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#5 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,447 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Agreed.   Super Jay isn't trying to relive his essential PK killer days...   But If you're being offering 200k+  (prorated salaries) to lead and mentor up and coming hockey players, while being an insurance policy for the Bruins...    how do you turn that down?      Why would you?    

Most players at his age and level of ability have long since stopped playing high-level professional hockey, or even trying to.  So if you're trying to, sure, but I imagine Brian Rolston, who hasn't announced his retirement, would not accept such a deal - he'd want a one-way contract.  Rolston obviously made far more money in his career, but I'll agree with PK - there's a certain lack of dignity in trying to hang on to the game, of forcing it to leave you instead of you leaving it.  But on the other hand, if it's what you love doing, go for it.

Edited by Triumph, 12 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#6 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Good for Pando. Hopefully if we face Boston in the ECF, he's on the ice a lot. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#7 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Jay was invited to camp by Boston, he practiced with the team, they offered him a contract after seeing what he can (or cant) do.  He's doing what he loves....with the team he grew up rooting for. I dont see anything wrong with this at all.

The way he was pushed out the door in NJ.....I dont think he'd have much interest working for the Devils.

#8 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

That's the thing that doesn't bother me. They asked him, they offered the contract. I'd never turn that down. It's not like he was hanging out by the GM's car after work everyday asking to play.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

I know I worded it harshly -- but I mean it when I say I admire him.  I'd have hung 'em up when I was put on waivers.  I wouldn't have allowed myself to be put on waivers by someone like Lou who gave me more than  a fair shot.  I'd have asked Lou about working in the organization.  That's me -- and look what I'd have missed out on -- that's my point.  The Dumb and Dumber thing wasn't part of the post just a random observation.

and I knew that Boston invited him to camp -- because I looked it up before I posted. I was wondering how the heck he got there.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users