210 replies to this topic

#141 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

The thing I find funny about this is during all the trade speculation talk on this forum, lots of people eluded to "We need a third line winger like Poni," and a list of names were thrown out there. But no one (at least from what I recall) predicted it would actually be him.

Obviously it would have been ideal to have just re-signed him in the offseason, but I'm more than willing to cut our losses and bring him back.
Posted Image

#142 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Poni-Zajac-Kovalchuk

Elias-Henrique-Clarkson

CBGB

Barch-JJ-Butler

#143 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

The thing I find funny about this is during all the trade speculation talk on this forum, lots of people eluded to "We need a third line winger like Poni," and a list of names were thrown out there. But no one (at least from what I recall) predicted it would actually be him.

Obviously it would have been ideal to have just re-signed him in the offseason, but I'm more than willing to cut our losses and bring him back.

Who woulda thought WInnipeg woulda had him for less than a  month and dumped him already 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#144 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Poni is going to play on that first line for now. Now way they change up that 2nd live. Patty and clarkson have been excellent together. I think by the time the playoffs come poni will be on the 3rd pairing and cbgb will be the 4th again

#145 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Rats. Beaten to it.  Nothing to see here, move along.

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 14 February 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#146 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I loved Poni when he was with us last year, really excited to see this move. :) Love our depth now (and the Zubrus injury makes the trade that much more necessary).

#147 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

It's funny because on the outside looking in, people from other teams must be wondering what we're so excited about, especially Hurricanes fans. If I recall, he hugely underperformed there the past few seasons, as well as the past few weeks in Winnipeg. Jets and Canes fans must be wondering why we're so happy to get him back again.

But as Devils fans, having witnessed the season we did last year, we know how well suited he is to the system. This is a great move, for our depth and for our system which Poni was very instrumental in implementing last year.

#148 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,619 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Who woulda thought WInnipeg woulda had him for less than a  month and dumped him already 

Yeah, this.  I noticed he was getting 11 minutes a game for Winnipeg but just thought 'Oh, maybe NJ got out of the Ponikarovsky business at the right time'.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#149 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Def like this trade, but the price I think was a little steep considering we do not have that many picks now in this year's draft.

Welcome back Poni!

#150 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Glad to see Poni is back!  I liked him last year.  A wonderful surprise.  Can't wait to see him tomorrow.

Edited by enjoythesilence, 14 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#151 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Was just listening to boomer and carton and when it was announced that the devils got poni back boomer exclaims "they brought Ponikarovsky back!? That's a panic move by Lou! The guy on the show who usually does the quick around the world of sports thing (sounds a bit like don le greca) says in response "no it is not are you kidding me?" And boomer says "of course it is they just gave up 4 goals at home the other night." From here carton starts flapping his jaw and starts making fun of the pronunciation of poni's name. The conversation then went back to boomer saying that Deboer needed to be fired cause here is no reason a team should allow 4 goals on home ice. He said he would be shocked if Deboer is still coaching come playoff time. They finished the convo saying its nice to see the devils doing so good with attendance. But man, was it one of thee most asinine conversations about the devils I've heard in a while.

#152 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Was just listening to boomer and carton and when it was announced that the devils got poni back boomer exclaims "they brought Ponikarovsky back!? That's a panic move by Lou! The guy on the show who usually does the quick around the world of sports thing (sounds a bit like don le greca) says in response "no it is not are you kidding me?" And boomer says "of course it is they just gave up 4 goals at home the other night." From here carton starts flapping his jaw and starts making fun of the pronunciation of poni's name. The conversation then went back to boomer saying that Deboer needed to be fired cause here is no reason a team should allow 4 goals on home ice. He said he would be shocked if Deboer is still coaching come playoff time. They finished the convo saying its nice to see the devils doing so good with attendance. But man, was it one of thee most asinine conversations about the devils I've heard in a while.

Doesn't sound like there was much said that was terribly serious during that conversation.  I wouldn't really make much out of that.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#153 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

Doesn't sound like there was much said that was terribly serious during that conversation.  I wouldn't really make much out of that.

What station are they on and what time?

#154 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

What station are they on and what time?

The flagship station for Mikes On Francesa and Devils hockey, The FAN, Sportsradio 66 and 101.9FM WFAN New York.

660AM and 101.9FM. Boomer and Carton air from 6-10am weekdays.

#155 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

Thats what I was thinking at first but you can usually tell when Boomer is trolling and he sounded pretty serious.

#156 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

The flagship station for Mikes On Francesa and Devils hockey, The FAN, Sportsradio 66 and 101.9FM WFAN New York.

660AM and 101.9FM. Boomer and Carton air from 6-10am weekdays.

Cool thanks!

#157 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Cool thanks!

It's a good show and thankfully Boomer likes hockey even if he is a rags fan he seems to admire the Devils organization.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#158 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Ya, I don't worry too much about what outsiders have to say about our organization. Lou seems to understand that certain players fit the system and if he stockpiles him we have a better chance of advancing in the playoffs. I think Pete will keep playnig with lines that are not hot all season hoping to find the right mix heading into the playoffs, speficially a mix that alllows him to roll 4 lines and pound the apposing team on the boards.

#159 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

Ahem, I said in the post 5-1 loss to Pitts topic "can Lou summon back Poni for like 4th rounder". Great minds think alike (me, Lou) :)

#160 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Ahem, I said in the post 5-1 loss to Pitts topic "can Lou summon back Poni for like 4th rounder". Great minds think alike (me, Lou) :)

Haha, I stand corrected. Good call.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users