8 replies to this topic

#1 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Thoughts on NNOB Jerseys? After getting burned on Gomez and Parise I have decided to go with a NNOB Jersey as my next purchase. My buddy says it's bushleague, but I've always thought the crest on the front was the most important. What is the consensus on these?
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#2 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I've been wanting a Clarkson jersey for awhile but am hesitant because of his recent offensive outburst and his contract situation. May lead to him asking for too much and Lou saying bye-bye.

My last two Devils Jerseys were Langenbrunner who was dealt less than a year later and Nieds who left about a year later.  So I'm reluctant to shell out extra cash for a player who may sign elsewhere.  That being said I've come to the conclusion that Clarkie is really my fav Devil since Terreri and if I really want to change the name on back I can ship it off the EPS for stripping and re-numbering.

I prefer the name and number on back.  Feels naked without it :)

Edited by gardenstatepkwy, 14 February 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

I like name and numbers on back too.

My personal rule of thumb is to go someone is either on a long contract such as Kovy and now Zajac, or someone who is and will always be a "timeless" Devil.  Examples of these are Brodeur, Daneyko, Stevens, Elias, Niedermayer, etc.

EPS just mailed out a couple of jerseys back to me yesterday.  Once is a Red Koho Nieuwendyk and the other is a red throwback Lemieux.  Can't really go wrong with either.

In the end though, go with your gut.  Just don't put any stupid nicknames or slogans;)

#4 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

I like name and numbers on back too.

My personal rule of thumb is to go someone is either on a long contract such as Kovy and now Zajac, or someone who is and will always be a "timeless" Devil.  Examples of these are Brodeur, Daneyko, Stevens, Elias, Niedermayer, etc.

EPS just mailed out a couple of jerseys back to me yesterday.  Once is a Red Koho Nieuwendyk and the other is a red throwback Lemieux.  Can't really go wrong with either.

In the end though, go with your gut.  Just don't put any stupid nicknames or slogans;)

Agreed in full!

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#5 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thanks and to add to my post, I never ever get someone who is on a contract year or is rumored to be trade bait (yeah the trade bait part can be a little hard to predict but you can usually narrow it down to a few players).  That is why I didn't buy anything (shirts, jerseys, and other stuff) with Parise on it since 2011 because I knew there was a possibility of him not returning in 2012.

I would love to get Ponikarovsky or Greene but because of the reasons listed above I am abstaining from it.

#6 hoekster316

hoekster316

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

Greene is signed through 2015 and he isn't trade bait so I don't follow.

Got Bling?

Devils3SCRingsSignature.jpg

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Greene is signed through 2015 and he isn't trade bait so I don't follow.

He was trade bait pretty recently

#8 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

I feel like jerseys are incomplete without a name and number.  You can always send it to Exclusive Pro and have them take the name and number off and put a new one on if the guy gets traded or signs elsewhere.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#9 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

He was trade bait pretty recently

He definitely was, however I think his play this year removed his name from any deals the Devils may be looking to make.  He is our best defenseman....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users