#1 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

@RenLavoieRDS
Mathieu Darche had a long conversation with Lou Lamoriello today. After, Darche decided to go back home and he's ready to move on. #devils

@RenLavoieRDS
Mathieu Darche should announce this week that he's retiring.

Edited by ghdi, 18 February 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#2 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Honestly didn't see a spot opening up for him (barring an unforeseen injury of course)

Great guy though apparently, wish him all the best.  Hope he gets a contract somewhere.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

That sucks, it was an awkward arrangement from the beginning it seemed. Good luck and thanks for being a team player.

#4 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

You can play for us...for free...no contract...Drink the Koolaid....
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#5 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Will be signed by the Rangers like Stralman
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#6 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Poor fella.  Kind of feel for him.  Never really got a shot.  I liked how he said he wanted to be here and sign with the Devils.  That shows a lot.  Hopefully someone will sign him. 

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

gallery_3795_169_6297.jpeg

Edited by DevsMan84, 14 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#8 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

That sucks for Darche. I hope Lou didn't string him along.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#9 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

he just tweeted this

"Sometimes, it's time to move on. Des fois, c'est le temps de passer à autres choses!"

www.SterioDesign.com

#10 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

I wish him well (out west !)

#11 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Surprised he stayed as long as he did. Without a contract, wouldn't he be paying for his own health insurance? I don't think the Devils would be obligated to cover him if he were injured in practice (although they may have had an arrangement). When someone got injured and they went the trade route instead... I guess the writing is kind of on the wall... Best of luck with whatever he does next.

Posted Image

#12 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Adios amigo.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#13 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

How did Ted stay for the amount of games he did and Darche never even got a shot? Perhaps with an 82 game season the circumstances would have allowed it more
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#14 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

How did Ted stay for the amount of games he did and Darche never even got a shot? Perhaps with an 82 game season the circumstances would have allowed it more

Because Tendenby already has a contract. Darche didn't and if we signed him and then got rid after 5 games its a waste of cap space. Clearly he wasn't good enough for the team.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#15 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Too bad for Darche, I wish him the best, but I think the Devils made the right move.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#16 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Because Tendenby already has a contract. Darche didn't and if we signed him and then got rid after 5 games its a waste of cap space. Clearly he wasn't good enough for the team.

He was slotted with Butler in all of the practice lines so that leads me to believe he was at least somewhat comparable. I guess I'm not as mad with him not getting signed as I am questioning the handling of it
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#17 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

It's a tough business. My buddy was playing minor league hockey and was cut. He found all his gear in a shopping cart outside the locker    room.

Darche is a professional and obviously still has the fire to play.  He is actually a solid player to boot.  Best of luck to him. I wish he  knew how much people like us in these forums appreciate his effort to make the Devils a better hockey team.

#18 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

we have so many deserving players, it's a great problem to have.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#19 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

He was slotted with Butler in all of the practice lines so that leads me to believe he was at least somewhat comparable. I guess I'm not as mad with him not getting signed as I am questioning the handling of it

if he's comparable, of course you give the 22 year old the chance instead. And if he couldn't beat out Tedenby, who was good in the first game which is what got him the next 2, that says *something* 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#20 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

if he's comparable, of course you give the 22 year old the chance instead. And if he couldn't beat out Tedenby, who was good in the first game which is what got him the next 2, that says *something* 

Exactly how i feel on it, if he couldnt beat out the people that were there with him he was never going to make the team. He had long enough with the team to make an impact and he didn't.

Also i trust Lou with the handling of these things, he would never have strung Darche along, Lou is always up front with his players. I would very much doubt Lou is the sort of guy who makes promises to people he knows he has no intention of carrying through or cant meet.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users