90 replies to this topic

#41 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Josefson has probably played more minutes this season with Kovalchuk than Tedenby has, if we're still comparing the two.

And he posted points and got scoring chances when playing with him.

Bergfors? JJ, Teddy? You're not the least bit regretful?

Bergfors, Teddy - not so great

JJ & Larsson - great picks

Edited by devlman, 15 February 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Barth, did you intentionally start a topic you knew almost no one would agree with you on, just for the sake of arguing? Pretty much seems the case

I mean it's not that outlandish to suggest JJ is going to wind up as a disappointment, at least offensively. Thing is, the op was pretty antagonistic with the point (basically that we're fools since we're arguing Teddy will never make it so why aren't we then ragging on JJ the same way?).

Clearly the op likes flashy players. Clearly the staff (given Teddy's icetime compared to JJ) knows there's more to the game than looking flashy. I guess the fans and the staff are all dumb though.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

I mean it's not that outlandish to suggest JJ is going to wind up as a disappointment, at least offensively. Thing is, the op was pretty antagonistic with the point (basically that we're fools since we're arguing Teddy will never make it so why aren't we then ragging on JJ the same way?).

Clearly the op likes flashy players. Clearly the staff (given Teddy's icetime compared to JJ) knows there's more to the game than looking flashy. I guess the fans and the staff are all dumb though.

It's so obvious that even if JJ can't score his entire career, he'd still have a career in the NHL. If he literally averaged 20 points over the next ten seasons, he's still be worthy of a 3C role. If JJ can find the hands to put up 40+, he'll crack the top 6 here or somewhere else. The problem with Teddy is that unless he can score 20-25 goals, he's useless in the NHL.

#44 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

And he posted points and got scoring chances when playing with him.

Josefson has 1 point this season, how does that constitute posting points with them?

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#45 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

If you want to see 'disappointment', you should see what the rest of the 2009 draft looks like.  'Cause besides Ryan O'Reilly, I'm having a hard time seeing players definitely better than JJ being drafted after him.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#46 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Josefson has 1 point this season, how does that constitute posting points with them?

Im pretty sure his lone assist was on the best play he made all yr against boston shorthanded and the puck luckily got kicked to gionta.

If you want to see 'disappointment', you should see what the rest of the 2009 draft looks like.  'Cause besides Ryan O'Reilly, I'm having a hard time seeing players definitely better than JJ being drafted after him.

Yeah i said before that the 2009 draft might have been the worst draft ever. And JJ is looking to be part of it.

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

If you want to see 'disappointment', you should see what the rest of the 2009 draft looks like. 'Cause besides Ryan O'Reilly, I'm having a hard time seeing players definitely better than JJ being drafted after him.

That's also part of why people get on Teddy, the fact we passed on Carlson the Jersey boy for him. Not that Teddy doesn't deserve grief anyway, but he had a strike against him from the hop with a lot of people.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#48 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

That's also part of why people get on Teddy, the fact we passed on Carlson the Jersey boy for him. Not that Teddy doesn't deserve grief anyway, but he had a strike against him from the hop with a lot of people.

Also, had we not traded down the first time, we could've had Eberle over Teds as well. Could you imagine? Though, I'm pretty sure that trade-down also got us the pick we used for Cormier, who was then used to get Kovy, so I guess I can't complain too much.

oKCiNj.jpg

#49 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Oh and to the guy before that said jj can take big faceoffs, travis is 6th in the league in faceoffs and the devs are 27th in the league in faceoffs. if you cant figure that out yourself thats means jj is garbage on faceoffs too

#50 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Man, this thread really devolved into a trainwreck... 

Gotta say I agree with everything blink said.

#51 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

JJ 44.3%. yeah put him out there when we need a big faceoff.

#52 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Arrogant OP is...arrogant.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#53 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Oh and jj is a -6 this yr btw. hes not that good defensively like hes this solid defensive player. hes just lacks so much defensively that we can only point to his defense in hope of saving face. btw teddy is even in 4 games this yr. like i said he didnt have any bad reads or bad giveaways while he was here, and the stats show that and so does the video

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Oh and jj is a -6 this yr btw. hes not that good defensively like hes this solid defensive player. hes just lacks so much defensively that we can only point to his defense in hope of saving face. btw teddy is even in 4 games this yr. like i said he didnt have any bad reads or bad giveaways while he was here, and the stats show that and so does the video

Now you're just trolling for the sake of trolling.  Clearly you don't understand the concept of getting hard minutes versus getting protected minutes.

This is like an HF argument where because you have to either be vociferously pro-Teddy or pro-Josefson.

#55 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

In case +/- is what you base a players all around "defensive" ability on...

http://sports.yahoo....URaq2b.W8xivLYF

Would you like to argue that John Madden was awful defensively also?

Please.

1dun.jpg

#56 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

I would love to see what teddy can do with Barch. :haha2:

Edit: Alright no more feeding the troll. Everyone have a safe night if youre going to the game, Lets go Devils!

Edited by Zubie#8, 15 February 2013 - 04:07 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#57 leeski

leeski

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Could've had Oshie instead of Bergfors too. Could've had a full Fighting Sioux line with Oshie/Zajac/Parise.

#58 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

He played with barch a couple games!!!!! And idk what trolling is, im a rookie to the whole online forum thing so fill me in?

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

it's not too complicated... the fan based is (like most fan base) overhyping his prospects... JJ, Tedenby, Bergfors, Wedge, Kincaid, etc etc... simply cause we want them to succeed so much we don't see clearly. 

Josefson is simply not a special player and could only develop in an "okay player" from what i saw. It's sad but thats it

some people here keep on bragging his IQ and defensive play and seriously from what ive seen it's pretty bad at times and he cost us a decent amount of goals with VERY BAD defensive decisions.

you see young players coming in the league on other teams and having an impact or at least they get notice, he's not. Nobody knows Josefson other than Devils fan let's be serious here lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

And zubie didnt you make the post to get rid of clarkson? yeah please evaluate talent some more buddy, you seem to be great at it hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users