JJ

Bartholomew Hunt

IMHO JJ's offensive game needs chemistry to work. He's a pass first center with a lousy shot. He needs to be with guys he can feed and who will get him the puck in the right spot. He's playing the most minutes with Barch, the worst player on the ice, and is bouncing around a lot, so he hasn't had a chance to get comfortable with anyone. If they bench Barch and play him on a real 3rd line for a couple of weeks (Matteau and Butler for example), I see his production going up. Either way, he is doing a lot of good things for a team that is winning.

What the hell is with these threads? First a kovy should be benched thread then from the next game on he's a beast again. Then a zubrus thread and he gets injured. Then this thread about how teddy is just as good as JJ (false) and he ends up getting severely injured in the AHL and then also a Zajac thread and he scores 40 seconds into the flyers game and just had a really solid game overall.

What the hell is with these threads? First a kovy should be benched thread then from the next game on he's a beast again. Then a zubrus thread and he gets injured. Then this thread about how teddy is just as good as JJ (false) and he ends up getting severely injured in the AHL and then also a Zajac thread and he scores 40 seconds into the flyers game and just had a really solid game overall.

We have the power! :headless chicken:

If one thing I see that is different is the way we play the game, not every player we draft or trade for are going to be strong on the boards, forcheck, etc they May play well on a different style of play team. Both JJ and Teddy can be successful but just maybe not on this team.

IMO we brought Teddy up way to quick and maybe even JJ smaller players need to figure the team out more in the AHL first.

Clarkson has never been a bad player.  His role has changed significantly from when he first came up.  He's evolved from a middleweight enforcer with a good stick to a goal scorer in the Dave Andreychuck mold.  When it's all said and done his career will probably be centered more along the enforcer path than the goal scorer but we can hope for the latter.

Zubie clarky was never bad, he was just younger and not a veteran in this system. Just like JJ and teddy. So thank you for proving my point that i can just skip over zubie8's comments everytime theyre about evaluating a player.

Clarkson was atrocious in 10-11. He had a good year in 08-09 with 32 points and 24pts in 46 games in 09-10 before being injured, but the next season, he was terrible and a -20. Was he being misused? Maybe, but he certainly didn't make himself look like he belonged at the time, even after the team started to look better. That wasn't him being younger, he played well before that, but he just played badly that year.

And if all you're going to do is tell all of us that we're idiots and know nothing about hockey, how about you go find a place that has knowledgeable fans and leave us to our ignorance.

Ugh, not for nothing... You have 105 posts, you shouldn't even be allowed to start a topic til you hit 1000.  Back to JJ, he's young, really young.  So is tedenby, but if you think JJ won't be better than Tedenby in the future, you are wrong. JJ can play on any line, can play the pk, power play, can take crucial faceoffs, and can backcheck.  He is your prototypical devils player.  What can josefson not do? AT THE MOMENT, and i say atm, cause he's still so young, he can't shoot the puck and can't put up points.  However, Tedenby's job is to put up points as a top 6 forward and he can't do that, plus he is a HUGE defensive liability.  Therefore, ill take my chances with jj getting better offensively and providing all the intangibles that  a devils player needs than Tedenby actually learning how to score and play defense.  (and yes i know i only have like 30 posts but i dont start arguments with people ridiculously above me in posts)

Is everyone on here still sticking by their "josefson is a very useful player right now" attitude? 

Clarkson was atrocious in 10-11. He had a good year in 08-09 with 32 points and 24pts in 46 games in 09-10 before being injured, but the next season, he was terrible and a -20. Was he being misused? Maybe, but he certainly didn't make himself look like he belonged at the time, even after the team started to look better. That wasn't him being younger, he played well before that, but he just played badly that year.

And if all you're going to do is tell all of us that we're idiots and know nothing about hockey, how about you go find a place that has knowledgeable fans and leave us to our ignorance.

I'm pretty sure the whole team was terrible that year.

Oh and jj is a -6 this yr btw. hes not that good defensively like hes this solid defensive player. hes just lacks so much defensively that we can only point to his defense in hope of saving face. btw teddy is even in 4 games this yr. like i said he didnt have any bad reads or bad giveaways while he was here, and the stats show that and so does the video

Just so you don't edit this later, here is an example from my other post of where you are saying teddy should be up instead of JJ. You might not outright say it, but you are really hinting it here and it's obvious.

I started a topic to point out JJ is producing just as little as teddy did. I did it to debate, now when someone like ATL goes and acts like a 3rd grader it becomes an arguement which seems to happen alot on here with certain people who are childish.

And another

Teddy is a faster, more creative, has better hands. JJ is smarter with the puck and better defensively. Thats just why i think coaching will make teddy better down the road and jj already has the knowledge he just doesnt have the skill set. They both need size and to be stronger on the puck.

And another

Im saying that JJ is on the same level as teddy if not lower offensively. I didnt say teddy should take JJs spot, in fact what you just quoted says i think they both need to develop what arent you getting about that? my god nothing but sour grapes. no one can just say boy you really hit that one on the head haha its like having a debate with a bunch of mike francesas

and im not gunna go back and edit something wtf? lol i know i hit this topic right on the head i have nothing to change. Btw id like rangerssuck23 to put his input in here, i guess i still shouldnt be allowed to make topics since i was way off here.

Edited by Bartholomew Hunt

Im saying that JJ is on the same level as teddy if not lower offensively. I didnt say teddy should take JJs spot, in fact what you just quoted says i think they both need to develop what arent you getting about that? my god nothing but sour grapes. no one can just say boy you really hit that one on the head haha its like having a debate with a bunch of mike francesas

and im not gunna go back and edit something wtf? lol i know i hit this topic right on the head i have nothing to change. Btw id like rangerssuck23 to put his input in here, i guess i still shouldnt be allowed to make topics since i was way off here.

Like I said you never outright said it but you were the one making comparisons to tendenby. You made every possible pondering question as to why JJ was still up instead of teddy the connection was definitely there.

And sour grapes? I have never seen anyone so happy to see a player on their supposed favorite team struggling just so they can be "proven right" to a bunch of strangers on a message board on the Internet.

• Like 2

Yes, yes it was, but lets leave that part out. God its beautiful when everything comes together and i dont even have to do anything. Youll have to excuse my gloating but i mean cmon. I couldnt have called it better.

Clarkson was worse than the rest of the team that year. The team put it together in the 2nd half if you recall, I don't know if you have eyes capable of watching the tv, based on the things that have come out of your mouth, but Clarkson, despite the rest of the team playing better, still looked pretty bad and never really put it together the way to rest of the team did. Lemaire saw this and cut his playing time greatly as well, but I'm sure you, Mr. Super Genius, remember that.

Also, JJ being sent down changes nothing about Tedenby being a less likely to succeed prospect.

If this is strictly about offensive game, then yeah I would say right now Tedenby has a better shot and hands than Josefson. However, tedenby's defensive game is so incredibly bad that he doesnt get to use those offensive tools cause he's skating around in circles in the defensive zone. Josefson on the other hand might not be as good offensively, but if his defensive game keeps getting better he will be able to get the puck out of our D zone and keep the play in the offensive zone more times than not. So yeah, if you are going strictly by skill sets then Tedenby right now is better offensively. But i think Josefson has the tools to play on the offense more than tedenby.