#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

When its a Flyer fan in a horse head mask, you take the picture

When you said you got the picture I figured you meant online...why would some clown be wearing that?!

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

When its a Flyer fan in a horse head mask, you take the picture

When you said you got the picture I figured you meant online...why would some clown be wearing that?!

Apparently it's an Internet thing.. I didn't know it at the time, I just figured he was being a "jackass"

http://knowyourmeme....horse-head-mask
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#63 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

The answer lies within your statement. :P

believe-zubrus.jpg

#64 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Attendance is up a lot league wide, not just for us. I'm enjoying the increased support from the fans lets not get carried away quite yet

Attendance is up league wide.. but no team has progressed from 30th to 19th in the NHL over the last 6 years, the way that the Devils have. What you see is teams jumping this season.. from 28th in the ranks, to 17th.. when it was 28th where they've been ranked since 2008. The upward trajectory in "attendance average" the Devils have had in recent years (13k in 2010.. 14k in 2011.. 15k in 2012.. 17k in 2013, etc) had them already moving up the ranks to 28th.. 24th.. 22nd.. over these past few years, well before the lockout. Assessing the trend, the attendance was going to continue to go up this season for the Devils REGARDLESS of the lockout, given the track-record.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#65 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Attendance is up league wide.. but no team has progressed from 30th to 19th in the NHL over the last 6 years, the way that the Devils have. What you see is teams jumping this season.. from 28th in the ranks, to 17th.. when it was 28th where they've been ranked since 2008. The upward trajectory in "attendance average" the Devils have had in recent years (13k in 2010.. 14k in 2011.. 15k in 2012.. 17k in 2013, etc) had them already moving up the ranks to 28th.. 24th.. 22nd.. over these past few years, well before the lockout. Assessing the trend, the attendance was going to continue to go up this season for the Devils REGARDLESS of the lockout, given the track-record.

When were we 30th in the league?

Sure, our attendance was always going up, esp with a new arena and all. But this season's quantum leap like jump in attendance is off the pace for our normal trajectory. Also, so far it looks like many teams league wide have experienced a similar increase. We are also basing this off a very small sample of weeknight games vs non-marquee teams, so that's why I said let's not throw a party quite yet.

#66 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Speaking of Flyers fans, got this gem last night during the 2nd intermission

Roflmao, that's hilarious.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#67 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I love seeing less and less away team fans. It's our building and it's nice to finally see our fans say f*ck you to the rest of the leagues fans.

It's awesome to see. If you act like an a$$hole, you'll be treated like an a$$hole. Plain and simple.

#68 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

We would still be talking about ailing attendance if we were playing at the CAA.   People are getting compfortable coming to the Rock, especially since it is easier by mass Transit.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#69 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

@TGfireandice: Attendance: 17,625 (eighth sellout in nine home games so far)

Edited by Colin226, 18 February 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#70 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

today was absolutely a made up sellout - probably 16k in the building.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

I really do believe that if the Devils are within 1500-2000 unsold tickets they buy the remainder back.  There are times this season where it was "sold out" and it was not even close.

#72 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I wasn't there since unlike the nearly 20000 people that were, I have to work on President's Day :P

Given the secondary market prices though, I wouldn't have been shocked at a real sellout, the cheapest pair available last night on StubHub/TicketExachange was $70 per ticket!  For a weekday Ottawa game.  Of course there are going to be some giveaway seats - both sth giveaways and the kid vouchers that factored in for the first time - but still an impressive turnout all things considered.

And I do think the Devils rob Peter to pay Paul with the numbers sometimes.  They apparently undersold the Tampa Bay attendance, which seemed to me a bit of a makeup for another stretched sellout.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 February 2013 - 05:35 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#73 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,887 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

It was pretty close- uppers were filled as usual, it looked like there were quite a few empties scattered in the club seat area (as per ushe). Overall, it was a solid crowd that wanted something to cheer for, but didn't get much.

Edited by MadDog2020, 18 February 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#74 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'm convinced they did really well on corporate ticket sales this year. Those boxes and the lowers are usually our weakest link in terms of attendance, and the uppers are almost always full or close to full the past couple years..

Whether or not all the employees for those corporations take advantage of the tickets at their disposal is another issue. I think 95-100% of our tickets ARE selling out game-in and game-out, but all of those lower bowl/box peeps showing up is another story.

#75 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

They should only count the real sellouts. You know... Like those sellouts MSG always has.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#76 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Today looked like any other game so far this year except for the Lightning game. The building has been packed and its nice to see. Obviously the Devils and many teams fudge the numbers but today wasnt bad at all.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#77 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

Today looked like any other game so far this year except for the Lightning game. The building has been packed and its nice to see.

I'm not so sure the Devils don't sellout the Tampa Bay game also, had it not been for people prepping for the nor'eastern. "Winter-Storm-Nemo" got grossly exaggerated by many folks living in NJ.. and the game itself still drew nearly 15,000 notwithstanding.

Edited by Beezer34, 18 February 2013 - 09:59 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#78 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

They should only count the real sellouts. You know... Like those sellouts MSG always has.

MSG is always sold out because 60% of their base is corporate purchases.  Even if the suits don't show up, the tickets are still technically SOLD.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#79 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

MSG is always sold out because 60% of their base is corporate purchases.  Even if the suits don't show up, the tickets are still technically SOLD.

I love how downstairs at the garden there are about 15% blueshirts and 85% suits.
Posted Image

#80 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I'm not so sure the Devils don't sellout the Tampa Bay game also, had it not been for people prepping for the nor'eastern. "Winter-Storm-Nemo" got grossly exaggerated by many folks living in NJ.. and the game itself still drew nearly 15,000 notwithstanding.

I was at that game and I couldn't believe that it wasn't a sell out. It looked like one from where I was sitting. Even the lowers were packed.

n2eg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users