177 replies to this topic

#141 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,420 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't think our defense sucks at all, I just think the choice of pairings tonight was incredibly bad. Tallinder and Zids play no defense. Volchenkov and Salvador are both slow and can't break out to save their lives. Why they didn't try Sal/Tallinder and Volch/Zids or vice versa I'll never know. However, I do know that Sal and A-Train should never be out there at the same time on a regular basis.

Well Clearly we agree Greene and Larsson are the least of our problems :)

I'm here for the party

#142 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Bernier was amazing tonight. Thats one good note.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#143 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,420 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

Yeah - Bernier can get that pool hustler touch on a puck.  His timing is just a hair off, less than a hair.

I'm here for the party

#144 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

http://devilstiewatch.tumblr.com/

#145 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

http://devilstiewatch.tumblr.com/

Lol wtf is this all about?

815631765.gif

#146 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Having a terrible face off % added to the fact that we have slow D Men leads to problems. If I'm Lou I try and send Tallinder to STL for Scott Nichol.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#147 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:36 PM

First in the conference is WHY WE SUCK.  I HATE FIRST IN THE CONFERENCE BECAUSE a$$holES GET TO TROT IT OUT RUN IT UP THE FLAG POLE AND SALUTE THE fvckER WHILE SOMEONE ELSE SKATES OFF WITH THE CUP!  GET A CLUE!  :rant:  :rant:  just do NOT go there on me.  I hate few positions more.

I type the truth.  Our defence sucks.  it's serviceable AT BEST.  It's a scrap heap - and you've got to be fvcking Macgyver to make it work on a regular basis.  It woudl be nice if it was fvcking EASY one damned game.

Not using our position in the conference as an end-all and be-all, and clearly you missed the second part of my last comment. Our record, and the fact that most of our record is made up of 2-1, 3-1 wins means our goaltenders and defense are doing a pretty good job. We're not blowing teams out 7-4 or 5-1 every night. I wouldn't be TOO critical of the d-men when we've been able to close up shop and play stingy defense way more instances than we haven't.

Edited by DJ Eco, 16 February 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#148 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Having a terrible face off % added to the fact that we have slow D Men leads to problems. If I'm Lou I try and send Tallinder to STL for Scott Nichol.

There are a few teams with injured D men all of a sudden, Lou could work a deal now

#149 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

There are a few teams with injured D men all of a sudden, Lou could work a deal now

We keep saying that but I don't think Lou's interested in doing a deal until the last minute possible.  Which is problematic in a number of ways, there could be an injury by then that prevents a deal.  We could wear down our top forwards overplaying them before the deadline.

And it's not really fair to Tallinder or whoever else happens to be sitting (tonight Fayne) because of the fact we have to have stupid depth on D and no depth up front.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#150 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Could Tallinder help in Ott? I am not sure they could offer anything substantial with the loss of Spezza too.

815631765.gif

#151 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Could Tallinder help in Ott? I am not sure they could offer anything substantial with the loss of Spezza too.

Don't know but Ottawa is our next opponent and we gotta get our sh!t together.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#152 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,164 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Tallinder's played eleven games in thirteen months.  You're not getting squat other than a pick for him at this point.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#153 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Maybe they'd like Volch back!

#154 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just once more I'd mention that I want to see what Lokti can bring to the fourth line. Josefson averages less than a shot per game and is a minus 8 and 44% on face offs. I think it's time to see what the new acquisition can bring to the table.

Oh, and something I forgot to mention before is I'd really like to see Henrique generating more shots. He's a guy that I'd really like to see get going. I think he only has like 12 in 10 games which is kinda surprising.

believe-devs.jpg

#155 rawisjericho95

rawisjericho95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

blair jones was placed on waivers on sat afternoon. i think lou should claim him . he once won the hardest shot contest shooting the puck over 100mph  at the ahl all star game. hes 6'3 207. makes  650 k this year and next. one thing we lack  in a player with a heavvy shot like souray. blair jones could be this years ryan carter waiver claim troll http://sports.yahoo....hl/players/3976

#156 rawisjericho95

rawisjericho95

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

#157 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Tallinder's played eleven games in thirteen months.  You're not getting squat other than a pick for him at this point.

I will gladly take the pick, the roster space, and the cap space. :)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#158 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

I don't think they'd be interested. They're taking the long term approach to that rebuild and even if they did make the dance last season, missing it this year would be no big deal given their injuries.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#159 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Real shame that there seemed to be a ton of devil fans at the game and the team gave them little to cheer about

#160 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Too bad we are almost last in the lineup for claiming players off of waivers. A guy like Boychuk or this guy Jones would be good claims.

EDIT: I could actually see Jones slip through the cracks, he really hasn't produced in the NHL with any team. But with Deboers system making certain players better we should take a chance on this guy if we can claim him. Worst case scenario is more AHL depth which we could use.

Edited by Zubie#8, 17 February 2013 - 01:28 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users