177 replies to this topic

#161 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Blair Jones would be a good fit ...in NY. Would't surprise me if they take him. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

#162 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

Who knows it seems like the Islanders have taken everyone else via waivers.

n2eg.jpg

#163 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Who knows it seems like the Islanders have taken everyone else via waivers.

Maybe he means NYR. I can see that happen as well.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#164 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

The Devils played last night? Judging by the score I would've thought that they missed the game or arrived late or something like that. :(
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#165 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,951 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'm glad I didn't head out to that dump to watch that piss poor performance. Oh well though, you can't win them all.

#166 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Sick of Sal already. He gets worse each game. Sal and Volch should not be paired together on the PK. Absolutely no communication or chemistry between the two. Both of them chasing an Isle around the net just prior to a goal has been engraved in my mind

#167 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Like I said a few times, the worst thing about Salvador getting the captaincy is that he is probably unscratchable. He's the dude that definitely could use 5-6 games off on back-to-backs.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#168 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

I love DeBoer, but if Mark Fayne is ever a healthy scratch again, Pete needs a slap in the head. I never take issue with his moves for the most part, but I almost drove my car off the road when I heard Fayne was gonna be a healthy scratch last night.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#169 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sick of Sal already. He gets worse each game. Sal and Volch should not be paired together on the PK. Absolutely no communication or chemistry between the two. Both of them chasing an Isle around the net just prior to a goal has been engraved in my mind

Salvador and Volchenkov were lead D on one of the best PKs in the league last year.  While they made a mistake there, and while I kill Salvador for how horrible he is at even strength, I don't think this is an issue.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#170 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Really bad performance, Still 1st in the conference, we can't win them all. I predict a victory monday!

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#171 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Really bad performance, Still 1st in the conference, we can't win them all. I predict a victory monday!

not anymore with that pittsburgh win...

thats the worst part in a short season... teams won't really have a chance to get a big lead in standings or be too low, it should remain pretty tight and only a few points is the difference to make the playoffs. Also since there's no games against western teams all points were giving away are going to teams around us and alll tie games points goes to 2 teams in our conference. So its gonna be really tight.

So of course i don't expect them to win all game but to lose game we should win or to play this baddly is okay but we certainly cant keep playing games like that.

www.SterioDesign.com

#172 Cowutopia

Cowutopia

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Lol wtf is this all about?

This is our new project: cataloguing Pete's ties. We always predict the outcome of the games based on how excellent Pete's tie is. It's silly, but it's fun. Sometimes he wears some really nice ties. Sometimes he wears some SERIOUS stinkers. Power ties = power victories!

Join us on our journey!

#173 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

This is our new project: cataloguing Pete's ties. We always predict the outcome of the games based on how excellent Pete's tie is. It's silly, but it's fun. Sometimes he wears some really nice ties. Sometimes he wears some SERIOUS stinkers. Power ties = power victories!

Join us on our journey!

hahahaha

#174 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I just read TG and it looks like Fayne is gonna be scratched again tomorrow too. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

#175 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

http://devilstiewatch.tumblr.com/

Wow I hadn't seen this.... there really might be something to this tie juju thing then...I'm not as weird as I think.

I'm really sick of Stevens blue tie with white diamond print.  He's kind of more annoying than my Dad who always has school boy stripes in classic colors - but then he'll wow us all with little footballs one day.  and of course he's got the family tartan tie...  yeah, anyhow so I'll start following the DeBoer tie....

and Eco - our D sucks.  We have really well-rounded defensively responsible forwards. :uni:   Nah, I know it's not so bad, I'm just bitching - pretty much to amuse myself. The kernel of truth has no resolution so it doesn't really matter.  Well, it does... but I'm not sure what it is. It's not clear as of yet.

I'm here for the party

#176 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

I just read TG and it looks like Fayne is gonna be scratched again tomorrow too. I don't get it. I really don't get it.

The only rational explanation is there's a super-secret injury they're hiding.  Other than that, I don't get why he gets punished for two bad games, and Volch keeps playing despite the PK stinking and he and Salvador have been on the ice for seemingly every PK goal against :P

Especially when the D has literally given up five goals a game the games Fayne's missed.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#177 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Because like I wrote - Fayne learned nothing from the benching except a nice Nelson style "ha-ha"

Plus Tallywacker needs a chance to find a groove.  Sometimes success is the worst thing for a team afterall, right?

(or else Fayne is injured, sick or something)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 18 February 2013 - 11:43 AM.

I'm here for the party

#178 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,981 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

The only rational explanation is there's a super-secret injury they're hiding.  Other than that, I don't get why he gets punished for two bad games, and Volch keeps playing despite the PK stinking and he and Salvador have been on the ice for seemingly every PK goal against :P

Especially when the D has literally given up five goals a game the games Fayne's missed.

. That has to be it. Because if he's healthy, it's lunacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users