58 replies to this topic

#41 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,936 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think JJ will be a useful player. But the comparisons to Zetterberg on TSN' s broadcast of the draft seem ridulous now.

Who takes that seriously anyway...Larsson was compared to Sami Salo.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Who takes that seriously anyway...Larsson was compared to Sami Salo.

Right when the devils drafted larsson some were comparing him to lidstrom.

They always overhype them at the draft. It's the median job to make it more interesting and the more casual fan to compare skill sets when they are just barely similar.

#43 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

I dont wanna say i told yous so but......i told yous so.

#44 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Haha, your thread was about Tedenby and Josefson. This doesnt change the fact that Tedenby is still not as good as Josefson. Like I said I am not surprised at all that he was sent back down, I even said in my first reply to your ludicrous thread that "Josefson is the odd man out". But now you feel all high and mighty because he was sent back down? That thread you created was a debate between Tedenby and Josefson...Get off your high horse.

Edited by Zubie#8, 17 February 2013 - 10:21 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#45 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

Haha, your thread was about Tedenby and Josefson. This doesnt change the fact that Tedenby is still not as good as Josefson. Get off your high horse.

Its okay buddy you can just admit i was right. JJ and teddy are both in the minors now and have almost identical stats. My post was about jj needing to be sat, and looky there, a day and a half later he gets sent down. Its okay man you can just admit i was right, it may hurt but theres no shame.

#46 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Its okay buddy you can just admit i was right. JJ and teddy are both in the minors now and have almost identical stats. My post was about jj needing to be sat, and looky there, a day and a half later he gets sent down. Its okay man you can just admit i was right, it may hurt but theres no shame.

Your argument was that JJ should be sent down in favor of teddy. You might have not said those exact words but you made it very clear that was your line of thought.

Honestly I see these things as mutually exclusive but you can read into things however you want.

#47 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Your argument was that JJ should be sent down in favor of teddy. You might have not said those exact words but you made it very clear that was your line of thought.

Honestly I see these things as mutually exclusive but you can read into things however you want.

"hes shown flashes here and there with his speed and puck handling, but as a whole hes done nothing here. In fact hes done less offensively than teddy and that fact cannot even be denied. He should also be on the list of players that need to develop alot more before they make any difference on this team."

No i didnt. "also" means that hes not the only one who needs to develop, teddy does too. i said JJ needs to develop just like teddy does. its hilarious how i hit something EXACTLY on the head and then the people that disagreed and were absolutely proven wrong about that fact are still denying that i was correct about JJ. well im not gunna debate this topic anymore because it came together beautifully a day and a half later. thank you lou.

#48 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

I see one Family Guy video in here and I raise you another. Seriously, this argument has been so annoying and is more of a pissing match now.

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Half this board, including myself, predicted Josefson will be sent down for Loktionov. Look up other threads over the past week. I guess all of us are right as well...'buddy'. Lets all ride the high horse together!

Wouldnt be surprised if Josefson sits one game to see what Loktionov can do. We all know Barch is playing against the Flyers.

http://www.njdevs.co...35#entry1170552

At least this clown has the honor to be the first person on my ignore list.

Edited by Zubie#8, 17 February 2013 - 10:33 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#50 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

"hes shown flashes here and there with his speed and puck handling, but as a whole hes done nothing here. In fact hes done less offensively than teddy and that fact cannot even be denied. He should also be on the list of players that need to develop alot more before they make any difference on this team."

No i didnt. "also" means that hes not the only one who needs to develop, teddy does too. i said JJ needs to develop just like teddy does. its hilarious how i hit something EXACTLY on the head and then the people that disagreed and were absolutely proven wrong about that fact are still denying that i was correct about JJ. well im not gunna debate this topic anymore because it came together beautifully a day and a half later. thank you lou.

You also didn't post the half dozen other posts from that thread where you went out of your way to promote teddy. Hell, you could have made an argument just on JJ's stats alone, but you kept going back to teddy and went on a rant about his upside and how JJ sucks.

I'm on my phone now so it's hard for me to copy the posts, but it's there.

Edit: I just posted a bunch of examples from the other thread that proves my point.

Edited by DevsMan84, 17 February 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#51 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Half this board, including myself, predicted Josefson will be sent down for Loktionov. Look up other threads over the past week. I guess all of us are right as well...'buddy'. Lets all ride the high horse together!

http://www.njdevs.co...35#entry1170552

At least this clown has the honor to be the first person on my ignore list.

Sour grapes, you said sit ONE game for loki, not get sent down. Like i said lou made my case for me. tY

#52 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

This is creepy....

Edited by GoArmySports, 17 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#53 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

This is creepy....

:blink: Oh my god thats weird.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#54 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Sour grapes, you said sit ONE game for loki, not get sent down. Like i said lou made my case for me. tY

Congrats, you predicted something that about half the population of Devils fans predicted. It's not that big a deal.

believe-devs.jpg

#55 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

really regretting getting that josefson jersey, but it's all poni's fault. if he signed, i would have got his jersey in a heartbeat, bastard ruined my idea.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#56 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

jeez this JJ/Tedenby convo is going on here also. Just want to say that im pumped to see Loki play today hopefully. Hope this kid can make an impact. 

#57 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Go Away. You do not understand the game of hockey and you are making my slack off time at work far less enjoyable by your posts all over now about how you're so smart because JJ being sent down is undeniable proof that Teddy is better, since we all know that all players in the A with similar stats are basically the same. Take notice, Loktionov has less points than JJ in the AHL and played ten more games. Wrap your heard around how much he sucks now.

P.S. If you look at their stats in the AHL, which are the sole decider of skill, according to you, could you explain how Tedenby's .54ppg compared to JJ's .67ppg makes JJ worse than Tedenby?

Edited by ATLL765, 18 February 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#58 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

I love when people argue on the internet ! 

#59 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Since just about every play by play announcer and analyst has pronounced Andrei's last name incorrectly, here an assist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users