146 replies to this topic

#121 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

The people that complain about people complaining about losing a few games are way worse than the original complainers.

anyway, we're playing the caps and jets twice each over the next 4, we should be able to pick up 6 points or so out of that. 

We were supposed to get two today, how did that work out? :lol:

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#122 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

i honestly didn't even know this game was happening until it had reached the second period. and i had class SMH.

How did Loktionov look?!?

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#123 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

The people that complain about people complaining about losing a few games are way worse than the original complainers.

anyway, we're playing the caps and jets twice each over the next 4, we should be able to pick up 6 points or so out of that. 

This is the kind of dangerous thinking that's letting me down lately. The games vs. Penguins and Flyers and Rangers that I think are going to be a struggle end up being a Devils' win, in some cases blowouts. And then the games like the Islanders or Senators or Carolina, we just don't show up for.

We should be beating everyone below 8th place, no questions asked. This next 6 day stretch is either going to be amazing for us (anyone would bet on the Devils getting 5-6 points), or it could be a cause of concern (imagine losing 2 of 3 games vs. Washington or Winnipeg). We need to wake up and play our game every night. We don't have too many uptempo rivalry matchups coming up anytime soon, which is all we seem to get up for. Time to start beating the bottom feeders the way we're expected to.

We should be padding up our points before what's going to be a really long and difficult half of March and April. You can see right now by looking at the standings how important a good long stretch is. We're still looking great in the conference based on our first two weeks.

Edited by DJ Eco, 18 February 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#124 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,484 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

My goodness Salvador is bad.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#125 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

i dont mind losing a game here and there of course. What's important is the way we're playing and the position we'll be in at the end of the season. 

That been said loses like this one is clearly showing that when our guys are not on their game there's very little chance that they can win. 

Here's a question... Does anyone can honestly say that in any of our losses it was just a game where it was a good game and that the other team simply was better. I don't think so, all our losses were mostly because of piss poor play by the guys and was well deserved. Thats whats pissing me off we havent lost a game with our head's up yet.

edit: the boston game comes to mind i guess but again the guys sat on that one goal lead and totally let the Bruins come back in the game. That was on them too 

Edited by SterioDesign, 18 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#126 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,885 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

The Devils aren't entitled to goals on 10% of shots - finally they play against a goalie playing well and getting the breaks.  Defensive zone and neutral zone were somewhat of an adventure, hopefully the two days off mean some practice time and tightening up the leaks.  I don't think they played as bad as people are saying - Devils could've easily blown them out after the first period.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#127 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,891 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

i dont mind losing a game here and there of course. What's important is the way we're playing and the position we'll be in at the end of the season. 

That been said loses like this one is clearly showing that when our guys are not on their game there's very little chance that they can win. 

Here's a question... Does anyone can honestly say that in any of our losses it was just a game where it was a good game and that the other team simply was better. I don't think so, all our losses were mostly because of piss poor play by the guys and was well deserved. Thats whats pissing me off we havent lost a game with our head's up yet.

edit: the boston game comes to mind i guess but again the guys sat on that one goal lead and totally let the Bruins come back in the game. That was on them too 

You know we've lost 3 games in regulation, right?

Some people on here project an 8th place finish, yet scream and moan like a PMS'ing b*tch when they lose a game. In the shootout.

You win some, you lose some. But, uh, brah, we're tied for the 2nd most points in the goddamned league.

Root for your team, goddamnit. Why is that so hard for 90% of this board to grasp?

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 18 February 2013 - 05:50 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#128 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

This. He was caught in no mans land on the Alfredsson goal

#129 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

What song do they play when they are annoucning the starting line-up for the Devils? Is it rap?

#130 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

What song do they play when they are annoucning the starting line-up for the Devils? Is it rap?

My Team by Mac Miller.  At first, it's like ehhhhhh, but it grows on you after a few listens.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#131 iceowl14

iceowl14

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

As with any loss, there's always a twinge of disappointment because you want your team to win. However, we still got a point on the board and every point counts towards getting into the playoffs. I'm pretty happy with how this season is working itself out at the moment.

Twitter: @IceOwl14

#132 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

As with any loss, there's always a twinge of disappointment because you want your team to win. However, we still got a point on the board and every point counts towards getting into the playoffs. I'm pretty happy with how this season is working itself out at the moment.

I agree.  A point is a point.  They didn't play to deserve two points, but if we would have dropped 4 points, I'd be more pissed.  But like you said, this season is starting off great.  We are tied for first in our division which I think is awesome.  We are now fourth in the conference which is even more awesome because it's showing people that we can lose guys and not skip a beat.  We are proving to the doubters.  I'm glad the next game isn't until Thursday.  Gives them time to rest, work on what needs to be worked and learn from previous mistakes.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#133 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

yes. and thats precisely why he's not the best player or even close anymore. the whole world know what he's gonna do with the puck.

Oh he definitely isn't what he was, but that may be more of a motivation issue. What I mean is that every player is predictable if you watch him often enough. Parise had basically 3 shootout moves. That sweet lifting backhand, the one where he faked the backhand and went around to the forehand instead, and sometimes he'd try to sneak it five hole on a wrist shot. Every goalie knew that. But he still scored a ton of shootout goals.

Just using shooting as an example.... when Kovy got that shot against Tampa shorthanded last week, every one in the building knew he was going glove side. The goalie knew it too. But he still did it and scored clean. That's what makes him an elite shooter. If you don't like the Ovechkin example, than use Corey Perry, or Malkin or even the best players you play with when you play hockey. A lot of times you know what they plan on doing, and they still pull it off. They all have their favorite moves and little tricks.

An opposite example would be the Clark-around. Everyone knows it's coming.... and it's almost never going in.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#134 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I wonder what our record is in games during the afternoon. It feels like we always have these lame duck games when the games are at 1pm or earlier.

#135 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I'm glad they picked up a point, but the frustrating part of it is that we shouldn't be losing to the Sens, especially minus Spezza (who turns into Gretzky against us) and Karlsson. Otherwise given the season as a whole so far, I can live with this result.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#136 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,007 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Just watched the game. Marty deserved a lot better, he carried them to the point. The Devils skaters were fairly uninspiring to watch today. Hoping Carter is ok after he got crunched. As usual Neil plays like the piece of sh!t he is the entire game, was hoping Barch would be able to have a go at him earlier in the contest. Loktionov didn't have a great game but I won't get on him since it was his debut.

The refs annoyed me at the end of regulation. Somehow Ottawa gets a PP because Elias bumps a Senator into the net and Bishop falls to the ice like he was shot. Clarkson and Neil get ejected for controlling themselves rather than fighting and causing more chaos. Seriously, what the fvck.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#137 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Normally I'd piss and moan about a game like the but picking up a point and already having beaten the Flyers made it okay
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#138 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Lokti wasn't amazing but he did have a great pass to Elias from behind the net. Seemed like a great chance but the shot was blocked. I thought we were getting one there.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#139 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Lokti wasn't amazing but he did have a great pass to Elias from behind the net. Seemed like a great chance but the shot was blocked. I thought we were getting one there.

Although many of his passes were just off his vision looked great. He had the right idea on many plays. He would have had an assist if Patty could have buried that empty net. Great play by the kid to pick pocket that Senator and make a quick feed to Patty.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#140 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Man, but what's to be done?  Did Larry find some secret and now it's lost forever?  Are we just to be left speechless? He's our Captain .. based on one decent season adn solid playoff run after some pretty tragic playoff no-shows.  Who DID that?  Who thought it would be a good idea? I never felt he turned a corner...

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users