26 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

I guess If Tallinder can't do well against the Caps, then we know he reallllly needs to go

I was looking at Tallinder's game log on NHL.com and I think I counted that he has only been in the lineup for like 3 wins out of 9 games played.

815631765.gif

#22 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

THE URKEL LINE!

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

Am I the only person who would rather we lose a guy like zajac than anyone from teh cbgb line?

#24 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Am I the only person who would rather we lose a guy like zajac than anyone from teh cbgb line?

Zajac may not be putting up the points people expect but he's been doing a great job defensively this year. He's faced the toughest competition of NJ's forwards and has come out ahead in possession.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#25 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

Zajac may not be putting up the points people expect but he's been doing a great job defensively this year. He's faced the toughest competition of NJ's forwards and has come out ahead in possession.

I think the cgbg line plays very well defensivley and often times finds themselves out their against an opposing teams top line. They just bring an energy to the game that zajac and our first have not. They hit hard and play to our system.

#26 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

I think the cgbg line plays very well defensivley and often times finds themselves out their against an opposing teams top line. They just bring an energy to the game that zajac and our first have not. They hit hard and play to our system.

I like the Carter-Gionta-Bernier line as much as the next fan but their magical moments cloud judgement a bit. I don't mind them as a 4th line but the Devils are going to run into trouble in the long run if they keep running them out there as a 3rd line and try to match them up against top lines. While they face decent competition this year, they often get held back in their own zone as this table indicates:

http://www.behindthe...34 45 46 63 67#

Going by the numbers this year Zajac has faced tougher competition at evens than either Carter, Bernier, and Gionta - though as pointed out in the other thread, Gionta is dragging Carter and Bernier down.

I wish I knew how to do a WoWY search to examine the line up more. I was trying to figure it out last night but couldn't do it.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#27 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Represent New Jersey: It's the Steve-Dave Line!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users