26 replies to this topic

#1 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Nothing has been confirmed about Carter having a concussion, but he is not practicing per TG on F&I.  Matteau took his spot for practice.  Then TG goes on twitter:

"So, we've got Stefan, Stephen and Steve on the same line. Can we just call them the Steve Line?"

Hopefully Carter does not have a concussion.  I like how Bernier has been playing so far.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#2 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

The real question, why the hell is Deboer starting Tallinder over Fayne again.

Edited by Zubie#8, 20 February 2013 - 04:44 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#3 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I real question, why the hell is Deboer starting Tallinder over Fayne again.

I guess If Tallinder can't do well against the Caps, then we know he reallllly needs to go

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#4 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Fayne needs to be back.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#5 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'm lead to believe Fayne's banged up at this point, no other explanation. Meanwhile, it gives us a decent chance to shop Tallinder around and GMs won't think he was our last option to plug Fayne's spot (if he were on IR).

#6 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I real question, why the hell is Deboer starting Tallinder over Fayne again.

because tallinder is also a good defenseman and the guy that SHOULD sit won't in part because he's the captain of the team.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#7 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

because tallinder is also a good defenseman and the guy that SHOULD sit won't in part because he's the captain of the team.

this.

plus who knows whats up with Fayne... maybe whoever died in his family was more important than we think, he played the same night and took that dumb penalty. Then admitted the game after that he was not playing at his best. So maybe he's really going through something, may sound ridiculous but who knows.

www.SterioDesign.com

#8 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Carter is one of my fav devils

Devils.

#9 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Carter is one of my fav devils

:clap:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#10 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

Volch ain't all that invincible either as far as I'm concerned

#11 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

The Steves... Kind of like the Hansons.  Old time hockey, right coach?  Eddie Shore

#12 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

The Steves... Kind of like the Hansons.  Old time hockey, right coach?  Eddie Shore

The Hansons...were they from D2 or D3?  :P

Oh and did anyone else sit around for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how Matteau, Gionta and Bernier form "Th".....?

Edited by Neb00rs, 20 February 2013 - 07:11 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#13 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

The Hansons...were they from D2 or D3?  :P

Oh and did anyone else sit around for like 5 minutes trying to figure out how Matteau, Gionta and Bernier form "Th".....?

Sadly, I've seen both of those on many occasions.  It's knucklepuck time!  Maybe, if Gio shot the knucklepuck R.A. style he might get some respect.

#14 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

carter needs to get back asap.

Posted Image

#15 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

fvck i hope it isnt anything big.

and yo, Fayne isnt THAT good, id rather take Tallinder over him

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#16 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

oh, i didn't realize it was official for tomorrow (Thursday).  Turns out Carter didn't make the trip to Washington, so I'm guessin that means he's out for Thursday and Saturday?  Thats sh!tty...

I do think Matteau could do something on the third line.. I feel like his aggressive and tough play will work well with Bernier and Gionta's hustle and energy.

... lets hope!

#17 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,267 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

Small sample size but at even strength Fayne has faced the toughest competition (1.060 Corsi Rel QoC) and has the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (7.8) of Devils D w/ at least 10 GP.

Last year at even strength he faced the toughest competition (0.787 Corsi Rel QoC) and had the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (1.6) of Devils D w/ at least 55 GP.

I really became a big fan of Fayne watching him step up last year and the "microstats" help back that up. He's gone thru a rough patch recently but he should pull out of it. It's a shame Tallinder and Fayne don't get the long leash like Volchenkov or Zidlicky (though at least Zidlicky brings a skill to the table that none of the other D do). The Devils are a better team when both Fayne and Tallinder play.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#18 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

The real question, why the hell is Deboer starting Tallinder over Fayne again.

i dont think he is... the practice lines today:

Devils D pairs: Salvador-Zidlicky; Greene-Larsson; Tallinder-Volchenkov; Harrold-Fayne. Goalies: Brodeur, Hedberg.

#19 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

Small sample size but at even strength Fayne has faced the toughest competition (1.060 Corsi Rel QoC) and has the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (7.8) of Devils D w/ at least 10 GP.

Last year at even strength he faced the toughest competition (0.787 Corsi Rel QoC) and had the 2nd highest Corsi Rel (1.6) of Devils D w/ at least 55 GP.

I really became a big fan of Fayne watching him step up last year and the "microstats" help back that up. He's gone thru a rough patch recently but he should pull out of it. It's a shame Tallinder and Fayne don't get the long leash like Volchenkov or Zidlicky (though at least Zidlicky brings a skill to the table that none of the other D do). The Devils are a better team when both Fayne and Tallinder play.

Fayne has drilled his way to becoming a very good 1 vs 1 NHL defenseman, has good size and yet can stop on a dime and close a gap against the quickest of forwards.  having a hard time gauging tallinder now, he looks real weak with the stick in front of the net at times but he carrys the puck with confidence  maybe too much

#20 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Man i hate Salvador... he is the captain cant be sit out and actually can barelly skate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users