#21 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Justin Bieber is winning a lot of awards too... just sayin'

Actually, that POS hasnt won a single Grammy. Him and the drummer from the Black Keys went back and forth right after the most recent one.

Back on topic:

I've pulled off a few "Holy crap they accepted it" Trades

Salvador/Tedenby for Hjalmarsson

In another season I got 4 straight forward injuries including losing both Kovy and Clarkson for months on end:

Tallinder & Tedenby to Buffalo for Vanek & Scheistel

Salvador & a 3rd for Dustin Brown

My biggest freaking gripes about this game are:

1) Passing, as mentioned above, is brutal for human controlled teams but more precise than Special Forces for computer.

2) Recently, I havent been able to score with either Clarkson, Kovalchuk or Elias but I apparently can snipe corners with ANY of my defenders.

3) Getting really sick of the game suddenly forcing you to lose in certain games. I gave up 3 bs goals to the Penguins on 4 freaking shots. One was tipped literally three times to beat Brodeur, the next one he went to make a save and ended up sliding into the corner, giving them a gaping net. I put in Moose who then gives up an impossible angle that even Vokoun from last night would be amazed it went in.

Its a fun game and the presentation looks amazing, but my god can it drive you out of your mind crazy, even more so than last year's.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#22 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Justin Bieber is winning a lot of awards too... just sayin'

Dont even get me started on the music industry. ive been in a ska band for the past 5 years or so and there have been so many times where we hear from people "wow u guys are amazing, but ska isnt the "look" right now. oh well."
Music is more of a fashion show in the eyes of the "experts" now

#23 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:48 PM

Dont even get me started on the music industry. ive been in a ska band for the past 5 years or so and there have been so many times where we hear from people "wow u guys are amazing, but ska isnt the "look" right now. oh well."
Music is more of a fashion show in the eyes of the "experts" now

oh really? i toured with Streelight Manifesto few years ago and Mad Caddies too at some point. The industry is a mess indeed haha 

www.SterioDesign.com

#24 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

oh really? i toured with Streelight Manifesto few years ago and Mad Caddies too at some point. The industry is a mess indeed haha

Yeah we've played with streetlight several times. We also played bamboozle in 2011. Our trombone player actually used to run streetlights website and myspace/Facebook. Tom used to hook him up with tickets and CDs prior to release.

#25 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Back on topic though, the biggest problem I have with the game is the fluky goals that happen at least once again. I don't mind the AI that much because AI in general is something that gets blasted in about 90% of the games out now regardless of genre.

#26 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

They won sports game of the year I think 3 out of the last 5 years. once they introduced the skill stick controls they have basically been on top. NHL 12 was really the only once since 07 that took a step back

They won because the people giving those awards know zip about hockey. Its been a crap game for years...presentation to AI

Edited by devlman, 21 February 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#27 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

And the things that stuck out to me the most.

5. Lunqvist is really easy to score on.

32 bit....64 bit.....10000 bit....they'll never have enough pixels to construct the actual size of Lundqvist's pads into a video game.

Edited by Neb00rs, 21 February 2013 - 10:07 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#28 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I have no idea why they got rid of the ability to simply face the puck by pressing L2.  That seemed like such a common sense feature.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#29 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

I wouldn't be so mad about the game if it hasn't been around for so long. The FIFA series has really good AI...and really good funding because so many people buy it. Instead of actually allowing the division of EA that makes NHL to spend the money they need to really produce a good game, EA will keep selling it as is. This is because the fewer people that do buy it keep buying it year in and year out with limited changes. I wouldn't be surprised to find out EA could make or has made a seriously upgraded game to what the consumer has; however, why implement 30 awesome changes to a game when people will buy it with just 2? Then you can keep milking the series for more money rather than making an end and be all so no one buys the new one the next year because you're out of ideas/changes/improvements. Basically my theory is they are holding out and just improving the game a little at a time even though they could just release a really good game. This keeps people buying it every year. 

815631765.gif

#30 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

They won because the people giving those awards know zip about hockey. Its been a crap game for years...presentation to AI

But they know alot about video games and the capabilities available. Sounds like you want something that doesn't exist in this console generation.

#31 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

But they know alot about video games and the capabilities available. Sounds like you want something that doesn't exist in this console generation.

No, because the things I feel are lacking with the NHL series arent from a video game production perspective, but from a hockey-based perspective. Commentary that hasnt been recycled every year since 2001, arenas that actually look realistic, uniforms that dont look like water-colored versions, winter classic (which they only JUST implemented), etc...Thats not console-based, those are just basic features as a hockey fan they have failed to produce for years. And thats just the presentation side.

#32 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hskw9Ug83lw

nuff said

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#33 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

I really don't have too many problems with the game. I play GM mode and I play EASHL, and id say I get my money's worth after the first month playing online with friends.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#34 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Have you guys tried contacting EA with your complaints? I am sure they would be more than happy to address any problems if sufficient complaints are read.
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#35 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

My biggest complaint?    Periodically they talk about our cup win over LA, 4th in franchise history.  That stings.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#36 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Stereo you should send that off to EA, that has to be the worst and most unfair way of cheating the customer, instead of making the game harder they cheat against your skill, I like the game I never get enough time to play so I'm always on pro, but I have noticed that I can never seem to beat 4 in a row without it getting stupid. I thought they tried to make it realistic but this proves they are faking the outcome of games. Total BS still a fun time playing against someone else!

another thing that i noticed... sometimes i think im paranoid but since i mentioned it some of my friends said they saw it too.

obviously we all came across games were the game clearly decided you we're not winning that game lol. you could do all the cross ice one timer possible and crazy plays you wont be able to score and if you do well the AI will score on his next wrister from the blueline on an unscreened shot.

When that happen you can clearly see that the game won't let you do anything and one weird thing is that sometimes where the puck is, its like there's some kind of radius around the puck that your player can't go if he's going straight on the puck he'll be pushed around as if theres a big invisible bubble around it... its pissing me off.

or when you simply CAN'T score and you finally have a crazy obvious chance to score and the computer decide that you're not... like this... i had to film it.
th_IMG_0908_zpsbf734cff.jpg

Edited by Devs1965, 23 February 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#37 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

or when you simply CAN'T score and you finally have a crazy obvious chance to score and the computer decide that you're not... like this... i had to film it.

We all know this has been a problem in the game for 12 years now but I have never seen something as atrocious as your goal-line force-field. Not looking forward to this years game.

#38 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

So in my new GM mode [with Hjalmarsson] I lost Zidlicky for 3 months with a broken leg, Kovy [sprained ankle] & Carter [bruised back] in the same game, and Butler.

My lines look absolutely awful right now, & Zubrus is playing some of the worst hockey I've ever seen in a video game, lol.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#39 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

another thing that i noticed... sometimes i think im paranoid but since i mentioned it some of my friends said they saw it too.

obviously we all came across games were the game clearly decided you we're not winning that game lol. you could do all the cross ice one timer possible and crazy plays you wont be able to score and if you do well the AI will score on his next wrister from the blueline on an unscreened shot.

When that happen you can clearly see that the game won't let you do anything and one weird thing is that sometimes where the puck is, its like there's some kind of radius around the puck that your player can't go if he's going straight on the puck he'll be pushed around as if theres a big invisible bubble around it... its pissing me off.

th_IMG_0908_zpsbf734cff.jpg

Holy sh!t....this just actually happened in the Devs-Caps game today. I guess it is possible.

#40 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

I was literally coming on here to post the same thing. Legit laughed out loud when Wolski did that because all I could think about was that video.

oKCiNj.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users