256 replies to this topic

#101 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

So do we need a pick or do we need a top 6 forward? You're not getting top 6 forward for Tallinder that's for sure

No but you can get an asset to flip for a top 6 forward, you can get roster space to try out someone else and payroll flexibility to bring in someone with a decent salary that some other team might want to offload.

They're just being stubborn right now, is getting maybe a 3rd/4th instead of a 5th for Tallinder worth farting away points in a short season where it just might come back to bite us?  We're not icing our best team right now, and we're not in the clear for a playoff spot by any means.  This is beyond annoying.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 February 2013 - 08:45 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#102 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Bad period for the Devils. They need to do a better job staying out of the box. Fortunately, they are only down 1. Henrique's work on the Elias goal was magnificent.

Bad game for Tallinder but I refuse to get on a guy that is trying to get back into form after being benched for a lengthy amount of time through no fault of his own. No wonder his game is off. How quickly people forget that Tallinder was NJ's best defenseman last year before he got injured as well as the prior year.

Play Tallinder, Fayne, Sit Volchenkov or Zidlicky.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#103 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

On a side note. I feel really dumb asking, but what game is featured in the "Drop the Puck" commercial?

It's Henrique scoring the goal that sent the Devils to the Stanley Cup Finals last year - Game 6 of the ECF against the Rags.

#104 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Tallinder was not at 'any' point the Devils' best defenseman other than maybe the second half with Lemaire.  He's been pretty star-crossed for most of his tenure here though, and our record without him last year was much better than our record with him.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#105 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

well, this could be a lot worse.  but we've missed some opportunities too.  

This game is getting exciting though, when you step back and look at it.  The end of that period had so much energy. 

Get up and play boys, take one lets gooooo!!

LGD!!!!

:beerbang:  :beerbang:  :beerbang:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#106 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

On a side note. I feel really dumb asking, but what game is featured in the "Drop the Puck" commercial?

It's Henrique scoring the goal that sent the Devils to the Stanley Cup Finals last year - Game 6 of the ECF against the Rags.

Thanks!
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#107 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Salvador is the 7th best defenseman in our lineup.

I'm being nice.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#108 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Bad period for the Devils. They need to do a better job staying out of the box. Fortunately, they are only down 1. Henrique's work on the Elias goal was magnificent.

Bad game for Tallinder but I refuse to get on a guy that is trying to get back into form after being benched for a lengthy amount of time through no fault of his own. No wonder his game is off. How quickly people forget that Tallinder was NJ's best defenseman last year before he got injured as well as the prior year.

Play Tallinder, Fayne, Sit Volchenkov or Zidlicky.

I'm not getting on Tallinder, I'm getting on the Devils for being too cavalier with these early-season points.  They want to treat this as preseason but it's really not.  Stop getting too cute and let's get serious here, we may be in first now but we're only five points up on a playoff spot.

#109 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

You can hear, "Henrique scores!! Its over!!" I want to assume its the rangers playoff game last year... 

... and I say that because my reaction was pretty much the same as every one of those guys

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#110 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well through all the chaos I found it so fvcking cool the Verizon Center gave Dave Matthews Band a little love, playing a very specific live version of one of their songs.
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#111 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Kovy needs to put that one away, he didn't

#112 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Tallinder was not at 'any' point the Devils' best defenseman other than maybe the second half with Lemaire.  He's been pretty star-crossed for most of his tenure here though, and our record without him last year was much better than our record with him.

First off I don't think using W-L records really tells all that much about what a player has done to help or hurt a team. Plus using anything this is year is with a small sample size. I also disagree that he wasn't at any point the Devils best d-man when you look over the seasons as a whole.  You can make a really respectable case that he was in fact the most valuable guy when he was healthy. I'm going to make a separate post on Tallinder because it bothers me the way he has been treated this year and I don't want it to get lost in this thread.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#113 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

You can hear, "Henrique scores!! Its over!!" I want to assume its the rangers playoff game last year...

... and I say that because my reaction was pretty much the same as every one of those guys

I heard it but the shaky video made it hard for me to put it all together. I just wanted to be 100% sure.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#114 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

First off I don't think using W-L records really tells all that much about what a player has done to help or hurt a team. Plus using anything this is year is with a small sample size. I also disagree that he wasn't at any point the Devils best d-man when you look over the seasons as a whole.  You can make a really respectable case that he was in fact the most valuable guy when he was healthy. I'm going to make a separate post on Tallinder because it bothers me the way he has been treated this year and I don't want it to get lost in this thread.

Lemme guess, CORSI?  People really need to stop being a slave to made-up numbers, at least inasmuch where it totally overrules what you see.

#115 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

They cant fvcking lose that game fvck sakes

www.SterioDesign.com

#116 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Lemme guess, CORSI? People really need to stop being a slave to made-up numbers, at least inasmuch where it totally overrules what you see.

What I see is that Tallinder is usually good and sometimes very good.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#117 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

4-on-4 for 2.

Edited by JSR, 21 February 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#118 JSR

JSR

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Devils PP.  4-on-3 for 20 seconds.  Gotta cash in for the tie at some point here, let's go!

#119 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Lemme guess, CORSI?  People really need to stop being a slave to made-up numbers, at least inasmuch where it totally overrules what you see.

You can stick to your W-L numbers that don't tell you anything about a player if you want to be closed minded. As I said before I use stats like Corsi to balance what I see. My perception of Tallinder's Devils career is that he is a very good defenseman and the numbers will back that up. I'm not a slave to anything.

#120 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Kovy is on fire right now, he needs a goal

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users