Photo

Leagues realignment plan now official. Begins next season.

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:35 PM

I don't think the Yankees, Boston, Toronto and Baltimore really care about making three trips to Florida in one season to play one team in MLB.  If they do, they don't complain about it like NHL teams/fans do.

All those teams - Detroit, Boston, etc - have to make two, three trips max down there (playing them both same trip), big deal.  If they weren't in the same division they'd still be making one trip down there anyway.  So you're really talking about one or two extra trips 'max'.  You can combine it with a couple other non-conference games down south and have a four-five game road trip.  It's the Florida teams themselves that lose out travel-wise but presumably they'll get plenty of $$$ for their travel woes with four Original Six teams coming in and northern transplants.

Besides, it's still significantly less travel than the two divisions in the West have to deal with.   I think the NHLs main concern is that the teams are playing in the same timezone.  Imagine that, they're actually thinking about the fans for once.    

Edited by Lateralous, 14 March 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#142 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

I don't get why pro athletes complain about travel at all.. I mean they are driven right to their plane, take a private plane directly to the city (and don't have to worry about missing the flight), get quickly wanted through security, have people to carry their bags, stay in nice hotels, eat good meals, and can ask the trainers for massages

Anyone else ever travel that well? I mean what is so taxing about that, aside from maybe time zone changes which I can understand
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#143 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I don't get why pro athletes complain about travel at all.. I mean they are driven right to their plane, take a private plane directly to the city (and don't have to worry about missing the flight), get quickly wanted through security, have people to carry their bags, stay in nice hotels, eat good meals, and can ask the trainers for massages

Anyone else ever travel that well? I mean what is so taxing about that, aside from maybe time zone changes which I can understand

I think it's that the jet lag, esp for the west coast teams going all the way east to CBJ/DET that the hours add up and they have to constantly switch time zones and never really get comfy in one like the eastern teams that rarely leave the eastern time zone 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users