I missed Kovy

#142 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

Nice to see Dano being a voice of reason on the post game. People here are in panic mode.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#143 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

The hilarity of the board after 2 losses is unbelievable. Some of you are spoiled fvckwads.

2 wins against struggling teams in the last 7 games and losing to the islanders, Jets, Sens without their 3 top players, caps and Carolina...  our PK is worst than the Justin Bieber's movie and our backup goalie has like 57 goals against in the last few games.

how are we supposed to feel ? tell me.

not saying we're gonna have the first overall pick but something need to happen

Edited by SterioDesign, 24 February 2013 - 07:39 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#144 Carter's Mustache

Carter's Mustache

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 9 posts

But I do like Zubie#8's last post. We could have won any of these games; just mental mistakes by individuals, not team mistakes, have cost us certain games. They'll turn it around but I still think Lou needs to make a trade.

#145 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

In an 82 game schedule there's leway for these kinds of struggles, but in this schedule, only winning 2 of your last 7 is like 4 of your last 14 in a full schedule, this ship needs to be righted right now.
25smul5.png

#146 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I know we're just supposed to point at the bad and act like the sky is falling after losses, but I think Laktionov is taking some big steps. Means a lot to see him on the ice when they need a goal. They must have some confidence in him and that line.

Unfortunately it's just as telling he's been the best Devil for two straight games. Four of our 'must keep' defenseman delivered benchable performances. Only Fayne and Sal weren't completely awful.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#147 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

2 wins against struggling teams in the last 7 games and losing to the islanders, Jets, Sens without their 3 top players, caps and Carolina... our PK is worst than the Justin Bieber's movie and our backup goalie has like 57 goals against in the last few games.

how are we supposed to feel ? tell me.

Like a fan of a team in a slump. They will ride it out like they always do.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#148 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,110 posts

Missing Zubrus and Carter is really hurting us.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#149 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

67.4 Penalty Shot - If a defending player, except a goalkeeper, while play is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. See also Rule 63 – Delaying the Game.

Yah...

it wasnt "from the ice", it was on the goalie pad. still a BS whistle

#150 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

What happened to the fvcking forecheck?
it signed with Minny over the summer !

Plus we miss Zubes. Big time. He's huge on the forecheck and on the boards.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#151 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Like a fan of a team in a slump. They will ride it out like they always do.

They'll ride it out while ending the season in 11th place like the experts predicted. We don't really have time to "ride out" slumps. March and April are grueling. You either have it or you don't.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#152 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

They have a massive hole at 1st line LW.

#153 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,720 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

They'll ride it out while ending the season in 11th place like the experts predicted. We don't really have time to "ride out" slumps. March and April are grueling. You either have it or you don't.

Yep. Because every other team in the conference will go undefeated from here on out. The Devils won't get on a nice run, and no other teams will have regulation losses.

#154 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

They have time.   No one is running away with the bottom of the playoffs.  It's barely at .500 .500.    The holder of the 8th spot by PPG is Carolina with 17 in 16, and they're getting clubbed by the Isles right now, which means it'll revert to the Rangers at 18 in 17 if they lose.

#155 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

They have time.   No one is running away with the bottom of the playoffs.  It's barely at .500 .500.    The holder of the 8th spot by PPG is Carolina with 17 in 16, and they're getting clubbed by the Isles right now, which means it'll revert to the Rangers at 18 in 17 if they lose.

Actually I believe Philly holds the spot at 8th with 19 points.

There's a log jam of teams with 24 points right now.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#156 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Hedberg needs to ride the bench.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#157 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Actually I believe Philly holds the spot at 8th with 19 points.

There's a log jam of teams with 24 points right now.

They have it with 19 points in 20.    That's not accounting for games in hand.   I'm accounting for games in hand by point %.

#158 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,757 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Yep. Because every other team in the conference will go undefeated from here on out. The Devils won't get on a nice run, and no other teams will have regulation losses.

it's not really about the actual record it's about how the team is playing, our PK is horrible, our PP is average, the guys are not playing the forecheck game with intensity like they were last year. We don't get too many good scoring chances... 

there's no excuses the boys have not been playing well since that back to back its troubling, i KNOW that team can play great, they are just not.

www.SterioDesign.com

#159 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,570 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

The Devils were ekeing out wins in these sorts of games earlier in the season.  Now they're not getting the goaltending - Hedberg was bad on goal #2, horrible on goal #3, and put Zidlicky up a creek on goal #4.  

Goal #1 annoys me because Barch has to earn his paycheck by getting his face punched in for 90 seconds, NJ brings Kovalchuk back out after he had just had a shift because now Barch is icing his face in the penalty box, and he coasts on the backcheck and they score.

2 penalties drawn is the number I'm disappointed in - not enough zone time, not enough pressure.  

The 3 days off should be a help.  Get some guys some much needed rest, work on special teams, and things should be back to .500 in no time.  Remember, all NJ has to do to make the playoffs is go .500.

it's not really about the actual record it's about how the team is playing, our PK is horrible, our PP is average, the guys are not playing the forecheck game with intensity like they were last year. We don't get too many good scoring chances... 

there's no excuses the boys have not been playing well since that back to back its troubling, i KNOW that team can play great, they are just not.

What indicates that the team can play great?  It's been 18 games.  How many great games do they have?  

They're an okay team - some good forwards, no huge liabilities on D besides Salvador, and hopefully okay goaltending.

Oh and by the way, Adam Henrique is on notice.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#160 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

The Devils were ekeing out wins in these sorts of games earlier in the season.  Now they're not getting the goaltending - Hedberg was bad on goal #2, horrible on goal #3, and put Zidlicky up a creek on goal #4.  

Goal #1 annoys me because Barch has to earn his paycheck by getting his face punched in for 90 seconds, NJ brings Kovalchuk back out after he had just had a shift because now Barch is icing his face in the penalty box, and he coasts on the backcheck and they score.

2 penalties drawn is the number I'm disappointed in - not enough zone time, not enough pressure.  

The 3 days off should be a help.  Get some guys some much needed rest, work on special teams, and things should be back to .500 in no time.  Remember, all NJ has to do to make the playoffs is go .500.

The pointless extra Kovy shifts drive me nuts when Gionta fubars his 30 seconds on the PK half the times he's out there.   Take away one or two of those shifts and you no longer need to play 6 on the PK, which is excessive in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users