Yesterday the developers of the software were concerned about the stability of the website and asked me to run two queries. I ran them and the site not only didn't recover but crashed the posts table which is where all the forum posts are located. I got the server admin involved and he had to run the queries after restoring the database with a repair command. He stayed up late to get this to finish this morning. Thanks to Alphaomegahosting.com for the extra help!
I still have one more step, the software can no longer handle the searches on its own because of the large amount of posts and I need to install a third party software. Sphinx, which I am installing, is able to quickly index posts and return results. We had it briefly when it was in beta and it had good results but lagged the server, it is now much more efficient.
That will happen later on today but I don't expect any interruption of service.