28 replies to this topic

#21 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

was kinkaid the one who was a devils fan or big brodeur fan?

Huge Brodeur fan, here is a story on it.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I can't find any Reuben Kincaid memes  :(

I'm here for the party

#23 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

If Moose plays poorly again tomorrow i'd like to see Kinky play on Saturday, gotta see what our youngsters are capable of some time and I think this is a good opportunity to see what he's got at this stage of his development.

Also with Kinky being a Devils fan growing up, i'd like him to become our future starter, that way he'd be unlikely to leave ;)
25smul5.png

#24 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

If Moose plays poorly again tomorrow i'd like to see Kinky play on Saturday, gotta see what our youngsters are capable of some time and I think this is a good opportunity to see what he's got at this stage of his development.

Also with Kinky being a Devils fan growing up, i'd like him to become our future starter, that way he'd be unlikely to leave ;)

The last time we played a goalie not named Brodeur or Hedberg was a game in St Louis in 10-11. What was his name? Mike McKenna? I think I recall them talking about how he was from St Louis during the broadcast.

Either way, I'd like to see what he's got if we go down by a few and the game is lost or better yet, we're up by 5 in the 3rd and there's no way he could blow it at that point, lol.

Edited by ATLL765, 27 February 2013 - 01:17 PM.

#25 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

The last time we played a goalie not named Brodeur or Hedberg was a game in St Louis in 10-11. What was his name? Mike McKenna? I think I recall them talking about how he was from St Louis during the broadcast.

Either way, I'd like to see what he's got if we go down by a few and the game is lost or better yet, we're up by 5 in the 3rd and there's no way he could blow it at that point, lol.

Yeah McKenna played really well though I remember, we lost 3-2 but the game winner we got screwed by the refs, Mack had the puck covered for a good 5-10 seconds and they just let the Blues keep poking at it until it eventually came loose and then they just put it in. McKenna played a very solid game though, so maybe if the situation permits it, we should throw our AHL guys some some games, they wouldn't be signed to NHL contracts if they had no shot of playing here so why not give them a shot if we have injuries?
25smul5.png

#26 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Devils are never honest regarding the  injuries and health of their players.

I hope KinKaid gets into a game.

#27 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I do hope it's just soreness and nothing more for Marty...  obviously.

Edited by aylbert, 27 February 2013 - 04:55 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#28 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Yeah McKenna played really well though I remember, we lost 3-2 but the game winner we got screwed by the refs, Mack had the puck covered for a good 5-10 seconds and they just let the Blues keep poking at it until it eventually came loose and then they just put it in. McKenna played a very solid game though, so maybe if the situation permits it, we should throw our AHL guys some some games, they wouldn't be signed to NHL contracts if they had no shot of playing here so why not give them a shot if we have injuries?

Where is McKenna now? I don't think he is still in our system? I remember him but I don't remember how he came to be on the roster since I don't recall him being a draftee or even signed by us. It's almost like he sprouted from a seed in a crack in the sidewalk.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#29 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Where is McKenna now? I don't think he is still in our system? I remember him but I don't remember how he came to be on the roster since I don't recall him being a draftee or even signed by us. It's almost like he sprouted from a seed in a crack in the sidewalk.

NHL.com says he's in the Blues org now, playing in the AHL. He was selected by Nashville, round 6 #172 overall 2002 NHL Entry Draft. I think it's safe to say he's a career minor leaguer at this point. He had signed with NJ in 2009 as a UFA, I assume on a 2 way deal, which is why none of us noticed it as we all likely thought it was an AHL signing, which it was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users