GDT- Devils @ Thrashers 8 PM

Derlique

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its time for a players only meeting or something. That, or ya know, practice hitting the net for an hour after practice tomorrow. I'm throwing in Argo and going to bed, fvck this sh!t for tonight. Maybe they'll figure out how to score on the flight to Buffalo.

Oh, and Zid needs to sit. He can't get a shot through skates, and when he does it's wide.

First goal tonight was oh him, I believe he got beaten wide on the second one as well.

I couldn't tell you a positive thing he did tonight.

You can add clarkson to that list as well. He had Ben invisible the last half dozen games.

I am so beyond pissed at hedberg tonight. I really thought we had this game until he decides to fvck it up. I think I am more pissed off at this game than game 6 in the finals last year.

This team is pissing me the fvck off this month, can't take much more of this. And Buffalo and Toronto seem like exactly the type of teams we'll continue to lose against. Not looking forward to watching these games anymore, can't take any more losses and lack of passion in our offensive game.

This is honestly Karma for me.

I've been ragging on all my Flyers fans friends hard since hockey came back (not something I normally do). I'm going to pay dearly when they inevitably pass the Devils sometime in the next few weeks.

Dead man walking right here

Devils had chances, Pavelec was really strong. Hedberg makes a stupid play again, we lose. 

i wouldn't blame the offence. Don't forget that if hedberg doesn't do the fish on the ice, this goal doesn't go in.

Nothing tells us we would have scored in OT or win the shootouts, we now suck at those things too now

Lol yes we are in a bad slump, Devils played pretty solid for most of the game. If anyone could finish tonight they would have won. I still think they are very very close to getting out of it. Its not like they are getting blown out early.

I still believe.

They didn't get blown out early but that goal eight seconds in gave me flashbacks to the first half two years ago lol

Effort was there...as Dennis Green once famously said, 'they are who we thought they were!'.  Meaning the Devils were a flawed team missing some key scoring from last season.  The Parise thing is exacerbated by the APB still out on Zajac and Henrique.

Even Kovy's dissapeared lately, I hope we're not running him into the ground.  That's my main fear at this point.  And someone needs to tell Moose he can't be Marty.  I know he wants to try and play the puck because it's important to the D we play but he cannot do it.

Nothing tells us we would have scored in OT or win the shootouts, we now suck at those things too now

They would have gotten a point, as they would have on Sunday.    That flop was pathetic.   Of course I got home and turned on the game as that happened, so that's my perspective on his game.   I mean he was literally stuck on the side of the net.

Zidlicky on the ice for all 3 goals against. Horrendous game. He is not an NHL defenseman, or at least he is not showing it at all.

Well Zidlicky caused goal #1, but Greene and Moose were the main culprits on goal #2, and goal #3, who cares - obviously your offensive players are going to be on the ice then.

I wouldn't be opposed to Zidlicky sitting for Harrold, but don't really expect it to happen.

Was hoping this game would go into OT just for the point.  How the Devils were not capitalizing and finishing on their chances, you could see how this game was going to go.  Both goalies I thought kept the game close as the scores said.  People on Twitter are saying how Moose sucks and how Kinkaid should've started, but I don't think it's all Moose's fault.  His job is to keep the puck out of the net where the defense and offense are to put the puck in the net.  Moose has been getting 0 help from offense.

The one positive I saw today was that the Devils were getting chances at the net and that they didn't allow five goals in this time.  We just need some puck luck.  Also, I thought our PK did well.

On to the next!

1pt behind Toronto with 3 games in hand.

3pts behind Ottawa with 2 games in hand.

2pts behind Pittsburgh for the Atlantic with 2 games in hand.

I am not freaking out just yet.

Something needs to change though, we wont just... Luck our way out of it. The guys are not playing with the same intensity on the forecheck than last year at all. They are not creating turnovers like they were either. And our d is getting slower and slower.

One thing i noticed this game, our dmen always wait a seconde too long before taking a shot, this game anyway theyd get the puck look up, hesitate a seconde then the opportunity is gone.

hedberg bit on that play from Byfghliyyglinn so badly... embarrassing 

Didn't help that Greene looked like he was 40 years old for the second straight game, watching a Jet player blow by him - and in this case one that really shouldn't be blowing by him.  So much for his Norris candidacy lol

Edited by NJDevs4978

1pt behind Toronto with 2 games in hand.

2pts behind Pittsburgh for the Atlantic with 2 games in hand.

I am not freaking out just yet.

Philly's healthy and breathing down our necks. Other teams behind us are going to win a few.

This seems like a totally different team this year.