2013 NHL Draft Logo

BCdevil

I like it. The mock-up that was floating around for a bit with the steel hockey player (whom I still refer to as Steely Dano, thanks to Bill) and the Newark skyline looked cluttered.  I think this looks much more clean while still keeping the local theme.

:glare:   You look cluttered.  J/K it was artsy (cluttered) cause Steely Dan(o) was too damn hard to do in a 3 color silhouette.

Never thought they would abandon the shield theme.  I like the new logo, very "Jersey's team-esque"

I like it. The mock-up that was floating around for a bit with the steel hockey player (whom I still refer to as Steely Dano, thanks to Bill) and the Newark skyline looked cluttered. I think this looks much more clean while still keeping the local theme.

:glare: You look cluttered. J/K it was artsy (cluttered) cause Steely Dan(o) was too damn hard to do in a 3 color silhouette.

Never thought they would abandon the shield theme. I like the new logo, very "Jersey's team-esque"

They should have consulted you to make the new design man.. I feel like you could have made that had you known they were so willing to go outside the box (or shield :P) Edited by Colin226

very well said!  I feel the same way.  The shape of jersey looks great too.  I saw they had pins and pucks with the last few years logo of the draft, hopefully they will come out with this on a puck and as a pin.  While it doesn't have the devils logo, the jersey logo would still go perfectly with my devils pin and puck collection.

I like the official one way more than the fake one on Wikipedia. Also like that the shape of New Jersey is in it. I don't live in NJ but I was born in it, and have spent a lot of time in NJ going to games and going to college that I have more pride in NJ than I do for NY. I always like it when the devils are called "jersey's" team, and after what happened with the hurricane I like that the entire state is being represented.

:glare:   You look cluttered.  J/K it was artsy (cluttered) cause Steely Dan(o) was too damn hard to do in a 3 color silhouette.

Never thought they would abandon the shield theme.  I like the new logo, very "Jersey's team-esque"

LMAO. Hey, I shouldn't talk, I couldn't do it. If it makes you feel better I still loved it because of the skyline and would have been totally cool with that as the official logo as well. We're talking gradients of awesome here. B )

Edited by thelastonealive

All I know is if I were a local, I'd be making a friend with someone in the city of Newark street maintenance dept. cause they're gonna put up some sweet banners I imagine around the rink and city that would make a hell of a collectable for a hockey den after the event when they're taken down.  

All I know is if I were a local, I'd be making a friend with someone in the city of Newark street maintenance dept. cause they're gonna put up some sweet banners I imagine around the rink and city that would make a hell of a collectable for a hockey den after the event when they're taken down.

Devils will probably auction them off next season on the concourse.. I've seen some of the playoffs and finals street banner up for auction

Not for anything beyond $25-100. Someone shot the red light cameras on Broad St and I never heard about anyone getting caught. I'm sure we can manage to steal a few banners without anyone noticing, right? We can sell them off and fund the site with it, lol. Call it revenge for the lockout.

Devils will probably auction them off next season on the concourse.. I've seen some of the playoffs and finals street banner up for auction

Yeah they are asking $100 for a small sign for the press for the finals last year.

No thanks.

Lol I totally laughed when I saw that.. Wow, a "Media" sign from the finals that's sooo awesome and desirable.. The price just makes it totally ridiculous