46 replies to this topic

#41 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Rick DiPietro was pulled during tonight's Sound Tigers vs Whale game after giving up 5 goals on 12 shots ALL IN THE FIRST PERIOD!

I personally don't believe that gifted athletes can just lose their abilities despite maintaining the same work ethic and commitment.. Age is one thing but that shouldn't be a factor with him

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#42 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

I personally don't believe that gifted athletes can just lose their abilities despite maintaining the same work ethic and commitment.. Age is one thing but that shouldn't be a factor with him

It's injuries.   Ever since the superskills injury, he can't support any kind of workload.

just to add, it's cheapskate Wang that puts all of this on him so he can drag some dead cap space around.

Edited by maxpower, 01 March 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#43 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Yikes.  Getting pulled in the AHL..doesn't get much worse.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#44 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

Oh wow. That is spectacular to say the least.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I really do feel for the guy. It's a terrible feeling when your body stops letting you do what you want. During 4 years of high school football and about 16 years of hockey starting at around age 14, I collected my share of injuries. A back injury finally forced me to 'retire' when I was about 30. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to be good enough to reach the NHL, make the All Star Game, and then have it all pulled away from you as slowly and agonizingly as it was for DiPietro. I hope some other team gives him a shot.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

That's pretty bad. Again, I feel for him, but I just have a limit to how bad I can feel for him when there's people who suffer with nothing, he at least never worries about what he's gonna eat tonight or where he'll sleep. I think if he took a year off of the NHL, it'd be better. I know it's hard for him with that contract, but maybe he should retire, go to Europe somewhere, play in a league where no one is gonna recognize him. Take some time, put his game back together and try to come back to the NHL like Nabby did. I'd bet if he played well enough in a Euro league somewhere, somebody would take a flyer on him as a veteran back up going into the playoffs. All he has to do then is prove he's good enough to be in the NHL somewhere.

Like someone else said, talent doesn't just escape you. You lose it by not maintaining it through practice, not staying fit, etc.

#47 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

It doesn't matter how much talent you have when your confidence is shot. 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users