Corey Perry will not re-sign in Anaheim

TheMazz

According to McKenzie: Corey Perry will not re-sign with Anaheim

(He was talking to Spector on Team 1260 in EDM)

It appears that even with Anaheim's uprising season Corey Perry will test the waters and ultimately sign elsewhere. 

Also, we DO have the cap room. Could we make a competitive enough offer for Perry?

We have room, but we have we have these UFA:

Ellias (has almost gone to the rangers once)

Clarkson (big money)

Zubrus (going to want a raise)

Poni (??)

Harrold (who knows)

Zids (gone)

and these RFA:

Henrique (this might get messy)

Loktionov

Butler

Kinkaid (prob wont get a nhl contract) 

So will there be money left is the question..

Perry to the Rags or Pens. I'm calling it right now.

To the Rags?

With Stall, Del Zotto, Henrik, Richards, Gabby, Nash I don't understand how they aren't in cap hell already. So Perry to the Rangers would completely boggle my mind.

Edited by TheMazz

The Rangers have no chance of signing Perry unless they got rid of 2 of their big salary items.

The Penguins have little chance of signing Perry, they have to lock up Malkin and Letang long-term - they can afford it next year but past that they would probably have issues.

Perry will be getting 7 year offers in the 56 million dollar range.  The Devils thankfully cannot afford that.

To the Rags?

With Stall, Del Zotto, Henrik, Richards, Gabby, Nash I don't understand how they aren't in cap hell already. So Perry to the Rangers would completely boggle my mind.

Sather would probably mortgage the team's future going for Perry. All players for one reason or another want to end up in Van, Det, Pitt or NYR. I don't see Lou going all in. He'll probably sleep during UFA.

Clarkson (big money)

Poni (??)

Harrold (who knows)

Zids (gone)

and these RFA:

Loktionov

Butler

Non issues, and why would you think Zubrus would want a raise and Elias will leave?

Edited by Zubie#8

Non issues, and why would you think Zubrus would want a raise and Elias will leave?

I think zubrus will want a 4m a year deal for 3 years something around there. But I'll be honest that is before he got hurt, so I will have to adjust my thinking after the season.

Not saying elias will leave, but make making a point elias isn't afraid to test the market and accept else's offer if Lou doesn't want to show the money

Zubrus will get a pay cut if he wants to stay.  Elias will be getting a pay cut if he stays.  The Devils won't over pay Clarkson.  It will all depend on how things shake down as to whether or not the Devils would be in play for a guy like Perry. If they lose both Clarkson and Elias they will be in play for the best of what's left.  Zubrus won't have an effect on this at all.

Sather would probably mortgage the team's future going for Perry. All players for one reason or another want to end up in Van, Det, Pitt or NYR. I don't see Lou going all in. He'll probably sleep during UFA.

I think the Rags have a couple free agents themselves they need to lock up this summer (for big money) 

If him not resigning is true, Anaheim would probably try to get something back for him. Nothing too big, but something as a compensation.

Why not try to get him in a deal like how we got Kovy? Some d-man, a propsect of some sort, and another prospect/forward/pick.

Lou wont go for it cause he'll be too busy trying to sign all his own players on june 30th

If him not resigning is true, Anaheim would probably try to get something back for him. Nothing too big, but something as a compensation.

Why not try to get him in a deal like how we got Kovy? Some d-man, a propsect of some sort, and another prospect/forward/pick.

Cause we might be sellers and not buyers at the deadline

Clarkson (big money)

Poni (??)

Harrold (who knows)

Zids (gone)

and these RFA:

Loktionov

Butler

Rookie.

Zubrus will get a pay cut if he wants to stay. Elias will be getting a pay cut if he stays. The Devils won't over pay Clarkson. It will all depend on how things shake down as to whether or not the Devils would be in play for a guy like Perry. If they lose both Clarkson and Elias they will be in play for the best of what's left. Zubrus won't have an effect on this at all.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about Zubrus. He actually wanted all along to sign with the Devils before he was a free agent. Evidently from his time as a Flyer.