#241 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

panic.gif

:headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:  :headless chicken:

815631765.gif

#242 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

I hate shootouts and we really miss Marty if we have any chance of winning them.

Getting real tired of this slump...

#243 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

That was a frustrating game to watch with how atrocious the refs were towards both teams. Hate the way Kaleta was running around all game and it rubbed off on a few of his teammates. It's too bad Barch wasn't in the line up to take a run at Kaleta. A bit disappointed with the lack of response when Miller taunted Henrique at the end. Of course it will never happen in the NHL again but I would've loved Henrique to take a run at Miller and start a bench clearing brawl. They meet again Thursday - wouldn't mind if the Devils ran at Miller like Lucic did. Zidlicky and Butler were amongst the handful of guys with bad games.

On the positive side Loktionov and the PK were awesome again.

haha ya a bench brawl would have been mental! I liked what I saw though, we play aggresive and more dity than usual we need more of that

Posted Image

#244 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

And people need to stop looking at 'bottom feeders' as 'easy' teams. If you expect Buffalo to finish dead last then you are delusional. They have a lot of talent. Ottawa Washington and Winnipeg are playing good, there are no easy teams, especially in a shortened season.

Plus its hockey, any team can beat anyone. Its annoying to read this should be an easy game or that should be an easy game. Its not going to be easy people. Look at every game as the same, every game is going to be important. Easy should not be a word to be thrown around...hopefully the players are not thinking like that as well.

Devils need to take the positives out of this game and move on to Toronto.

After seeing them play, they absolutely are bottom feeders. Buffalo looked terrible, they're a terrible team with a terrible system. Miller and Pominville are good, and they robbed a game.

#245 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

this game is not on Moose, this team is playing bad and MAY have played 4 "good games" all season long. 

Theres absolutely no other excuses or anyone else to blame than the coaching staffs and the players at this point. Stop making excuses for them and say "step back from the edge" i'm not gonna be in denial and try to tell myself that they are just unlucky and will turn it around, nothing is encouraging or pointing out that we will turn it around other than Kovy having a few good rushes and Loktionov producing.

Kovy: "Good team doesnt lose 2 in a row"

well....

He missed a puck cover and ended up on his hands and out of position.    Was this his worst game, no.    But he's not exactly bailing them out, either.   With this clusterfvck season, you need to be able to steal games and points and they have not done this with Moose playing lately, instead, the opposite, they're leaking them.

The worst part is that he has to keep playing.   He's streaky as fvck and he's probably not going to come out of it until he stops playing.

#246 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

You don't think the 21 and under kids he's being paired up with are weighing him down? Half the time he's on the ice, he's rushing into the zone and everyone's 20 feet behind him. He's making the players around him better with some great quarterbacking and assists, but who the hell is setting HIM up? Think about all the other assists he'd have if the plays he's setting up weren't completely fvcked up half the time by the other guys on the ice. He's not god; no one's setting him up, simple as that.

My point is he is not burying the chances he is getting. He had a glorious chance to tie it up against the Jets, in the 3rd and in the shootout. He has to be a difference maker.

#247 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

All part of the master plan to get a high first round pick for the draft this year! :kill:

I laugh to keep from going crazy, or do I laugh because I am crazy? I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!

815631765.gif

#248 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm gonna get off the computer and do something to clear my head, because I'm still furious at the result of this game.

But there needs to be retribution for this game when they meet next week.  If they want to run around like morons, make them pay for it. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#249 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I hate shootouts and we really miss Marty if we have any chance of winning them.

Getting real tired of this slump...

Gotta stop with the slump nonsense. This team is bottomed out.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#250 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

He missed a puck cover and ended up on his hands and out of position.    Was this his worst game, no.    But he's not exactly bailing them out, either.   With this clusterfvck season, you need to be able to steal games and points and they have not done this with Moose playing lately, instead, the opposite, they're leaking them.

The worst part is that he has to keep playing.   He's streaky as fvck and he's probably not going to come out of it until he stops playing.

you really want to blame the goalie when we are 2nd last in goals in the conference? im not gonna go on again about our offensive system everyone knows what i think of it but its ridiculous to blame the goalies.

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 March 2013 - 06:19 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#251 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

There was alot of misfortune at the end of the game.    They should have started OT on the PP, but for some reason cross-check interference is now legal.    Then they spend 2:30 of the OT killing penalties, the first one was total bullsh!t.

So, I mean, I don't know what to make of that.    Miller vs. Moose is a shootout right now is just you know, you might as well go home.   But they didn't get much of a chance to avoid it, either.

#252 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

you really want to blame the goalie when we are 2nd last in goals in the conference? im not gonna go on agains about our offensive system everyone knows what i think of it but its ridiculous to blame the goalies.

Goalie's got to bail them out.     Just because the coach takes the teams' best player and puts him on his off wing, even though there's no one to play his natural position, doesn't excuse bad goaltending.    Like I said, he wasn't brutal today (nor was he probably against the Peg), but he is having these awful fvck-ups at really inopportune times and it's causing them to leak points.    He's not up to it right now.   Let's put it this way, one team has Ryan Miller in any state against Moose the way he is right now, which team do you think is winning?

And the worst part is that he has to keep playing.    I can't throw Kinkaid in for one of these next two games, it's probably a 7 spot waiting to happen.    They're not playing well enough to make it easy on the goalie.

Edited by maxpower, 02 March 2013 - 06:22 PM.

#253 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Thank Goodness Kovy's back is OK. that cheap crosscheck scared the cr@p out of me and him grimicing on the bench.

#254 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

My point is he is not burying the chances he is getting. He had a glorious chance to tie it up against the Jets, in the 3rd and in the shootout. He has to be a difference maker.

I agree, and so do Clarkson, Elias, Zajac, and the rest of the team not named Loktionov. I just hate it when the buck stops with Kovalchuk. We put him with some young inexperienced, maybe-par players, he doesn't have an Elias or Zajac setting him up, and it's troubling; Lou needs took throw him a bone.

#255 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

And people need to stop looking at 'bottom feeders' as 'easy' teams. If you expect Buffalo to finish dead last then you are delusional. They have a lot of talent. Ottawa Washington and Winnipeg are playing good, there are no easy teams, especially in a shortened season.

Plus its hockey, any team can beat anyone. Its annoying to read this should be an easy game or that should be an easy game. Its not going to be easy people. Look at every game as the same, every game is going to be important. Easy should not be a word to be thrown around...hopefully the players are not thinking like that as well.

Devils need to take the positives out of this game and move on to Toronto.

Honestly I'm tired of hearing all these teams aren't as bad as their record.  We're exactly not going to be playing worse teams from here in.  These are games we should be winning, or at least not getting beat as badly as they did on Long Island or Washington, or losing to Team IR at home on President's Day.  Buffalo's last in the conference for a reason and they were missing Vanek, to boot!  At this point we're becoming a winnable game for other teams instead of other teams being winnable for us.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#256 nick17112

nick17112

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Regardless of this result and the last few, after watching a cheap ass dirty buffalo team, I'm proud to be a Devils fan. The sabres antics were horrible tonight. Bring on the game in 5 days
Zach Parise - Gone but not forgotten!!!!!

#257 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm gonna get off the computer and do something to clear my head, because I'm still furious at the result of this game.

But there needs to be retribution for this game when they meet next week.  If they want to run around like morons, make them pay for it. 

I second this. Lokti was great again but I need to get off. Time to make some Failure Brownies.

815631765.gif

#258 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

6 points out of a possible 18. That's fvcking awful! To think a month ago we were 1st in the conference.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#259 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

6 points out of a possible 18. That's fvcking awful! To think a month ago we were 1st in the conference.

the east conference is incredibly weak this season, all the usual top teams are struggling. Rangers took a drop, Devils took a drop, Flyers took a drop, Washington took a drop, Florida took a drop and seems like toronto and mtl are overachieving through all of that.

yet we're still 8th in the league... what the fvck is going on lol

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#260 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

I think Zubrus absence is affecting us more than we thought it would. He's not a bigtime scorer but contributes on offense, and he's very strong along the boards. Just a solid presence.

And I know Buffalo didn't have Vanek, but we held them to 21 shots in regulation and a whopping 2 shots in overtime. Half of the OT was Buffalo on a 4 on 3 PP. I don't think Buffalo had an odd man rush all game. Brodeur likely wins this game.

Edited by '7', 02 March 2013 - 07:13 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users