123 replies to this topic

#21 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Holy sh!t, Cleveland did something good!! And screwed over a division rival in the process....I hope Flacco can catch passes and rush the other QB too....for all that money he gonna have to.....

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

We are f#%ed. Just give the 49ers the trophy already.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Wow, next day and I am still pissed. I guess I get to say goodbye to Ed Reed today.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

Amongst today's major moves (all sourced NFL.COM)

The slash is years/total $$$/guaranteed $$$ (if known)

Reggie Bush to Detroit - 4/16

Dashon Golson to Tampa - 5/41/22

Shonn Greene to Tenn - 3/10

Mendenhall to ARI - 1/2.5

Glover Quin to DET - 5/?

Stewart Bradley to DEN - 1/?

Chris Canty to BAL - 3/8/2.8 (nice little move there)

Welker is talking seriously with Denver...do they really need him?

Also, to quote NFL.COM's title: Report: Steven Jackson, Green Packers talking contract

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!, 13 March 2013 - 03:50 PM.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

Welker to Denver a done deal.  I know you can never count them out, but this has to hurt the Patriots.  Maybe they go after Cruz or draft Keenan Alllen or Tavon Austin.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#26 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

I don't think Welker effects NE that much, Welker was pretty much being phased out and they haven't won a championship since they got him.   

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#27 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,218 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Welker to Denver a done deal.  I know you can never count them out, but this has to hurt the Patriots.  Maybe they go after Cruz or draft Keenan Alllen or Tavon Austin.

Denver's receiving corps is truly loaded now. I had the joy of having Peyton, Decker, and Thomas all on my championship-winning fantasy team last season and they were all awesome.

Pats signed Amendola; if he can stay healthy, which is sort of a huge if, I fully expect him to become the new Welker under Brady.

Edited by nmigliore, 13 March 2013 - 07:48 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,567 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

I don't think Welker effects NE that much, Welker was pretty much being phased out and they haven't won a championship since they got him.   

Hard not to love Welker if you're a NE fan, but sometimes, you have to change the dynamic of your locker room.  I'm not blaming Welker for the Pats' shortcomings in recent playoff seasons, but I think change is not necessarily a bad thing.   

In fairness, he wasn't really being "phased out"...he had 118 catches last year, and 72 first downs, and that was after the Pats weren't going to him much early on.  On the flip side, weeks 3-6 were monster weeks stats-wise, but his numbers from Week 7 on weren't huge.  He was always the go-to guy though, the guy Brady could count on even if he had a quiet first half.  I'm not going to say the Pats will move on seamlessly, but I do think it's not going to be Armageddon in NE by any stretch.  Brady managed to get his team into an AFC Championship game with Reche Friggin' Caldwell as his #1 receiver (a key Caldwell drop forced the Pats to punt near the end of the game...the completely gassed Patriot D had nothing left...Manning did the rest).  I think Brady will find a way to make do with whatever he's got. 

Amendola seems risky, in that he's only played 12 games in the last two seasons.  But I want to see what else the Pats do before judging this offseason. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 14 March 2013 - 08:21 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

I swear half the reason that the Pats signed Amendola is because Belichek already has him listed as questionable since he loves to stack his injury report......Personally I think Welker's an idiot for leaving the perfect situation for him, but this might be good for the Pats as they have to look to someone else on 3rd downs which might open up that offense just a bit......

*edits*.....God I love this site :lol:

http://profootballmo...envers-signals/

Edited by CRASHER, 14 March 2013 - 08:04 AM.

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#30 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

Amendola makes sense for NE...I guess they just didn't trust Edelman. But Amendola is a poor mans Welker when healthy (which is rare) doesn't have the explosiveness. They'll plug him in their and keep on going.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

CR: he was being phased out, if you did not have such injuries to Eldemen, Hernandez and Gronk his numbers would have been way down last year.

Early in the season I remember him joking about his playing time with reporters about BB.

I knew he was done in NE after that.

Edited by MantaRay, 14 March 2013 - 10:49 AM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

in a few hours I expect to hear the final nail in the Ravens coffin for 2014:  Ed Reed to Texas.

Just a matter of time now..

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Ed still available.   I am stunned.

Interesting to read that we are getting rid of our leaders because they caused a mutiny last year with coach Harbaugh.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

OMG Chad Ochocinco Johnson is begging Andre Johnson to get him an interview with Houston's management.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

Pollard to TItans.  Great move for them.   I pray to Odin we don't play Tenn.  next year.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,509 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Pollard to TItans.  Great move for them.   I pray to Odin we don't play Tenn.  next year.

No...but you do get the return of Ed Reed to Baltimore next year (with the Texans) lol - assuming that's a done deal the way it was speculated to be yesterday.

http://www.fbschedul...ll-schedule.php

Edited by NJDevs4978, 21 March 2013 - 03:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#37 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,509 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

CR: he was being phased out, if you did not have such injuries to Eldemen, Hernandez and Gronk his numbers would have been way down last year.

Early in the season I remember him joking about his playing time with reporters about BB.

I knew he was done in NE after that.

Yeah they definitely 'tried' to phase Welker out early but eventually they were forced to roll with him again after Hernandez got hurt.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Yeah they definitely 'tried' to phase Welker out early but eventually they were forced to roll with him again after Hernandez got hurt.

I wonder if that was BB, trying to get his stats down, so he would be more negotiable after the season.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Baltimore Ravens agree to terms with Elvis Dumervil

http://sports.yahoo....38180--nfl.html

Clearly, Ozzie misplaced his hand this year, but nice reactionary move.     One positive move among a host of mistakes.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,509 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yeah and whoever botched that contract in Denver might get fired tomorrow :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users