123 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

It was Dumervil's agent, who has since been fired.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

First Dumervil for 5 years, now Michael Huff on 3/$6MM.  Not a complete disaster offseason for the Ravens all things considered, even if they still need to replace Boldin somehow.    

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

First Dumervil for 5 years, now Michael Huff on 3/$6MM.  Not a complete disaster offseason for the Ravens all things considered, even if they still need to replace Boldin somehow.    

Agreed.  I was reading we signed three players on D for the same price Cleveland is paying Kruger next year.   Good for us.

We still need a lot of help at Linebacker.   My greatest fear is that our Defense ranks in the top 10 and our offense moves several steps backward.  Flacco become "average Joe"  without Boldin.   Re-watching the playoffs on NFL network makes me cringe after every great play that Boldin makes to keep the chains moving.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

Rolando McClain could soon have a new team - the Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that McClain's representatives have been discussing a contract with the Ravens and are scheduled to meet today to see if they can work out an agreement.

At least we addressing the defense this offseason.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#45 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

Just waiting to see how the draft goes, as I believe we are going to drop McClain if we don't get a good LB,  based Dumbo's latest brush with the law.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Tebow to the Patriots lol.  Watch them actually use him the way he should have been used this year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Tebow to the Patriots lol.  Watch them actually use him the way he should have been used this year.

Perhaps Woody, Rex and Idzik should take notes and see how a competently run organization handles it.

And I'm happy for Tebow.  While he ought to be mature enough to grasp the reasons for attention he gets, he really did everything the Jets and Broncos asked of him and never complained.  It's certainly a lot better than his Jets teammates that are willing to bash others to reporters anonomously. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#48 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,918 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

FYI You can't pin Tebow to Idzik. He never traded for him.

how competent are they for inviting this headache into the franchise?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#49 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

im beyond sick of Tim Tebow, and part of it isn't his fault.  Yes, i think he is trash, but more so is the unbelievable coverage of the guy.  I can't sit through it, it enrages me.

The guy is a bench player at-best, and he gets more coverage than half the starting QBs in the league. its absurd

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#50 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

im beyond sick of Tim Tebow, and part of it isn't his fault.  Yes, i think he is trash, but more so is the unbelievable coverage of the guy.  I can't sit through it, it enrages me.

The guy is a bench player at-best, and he gets more coverage than half the starting QBs in the league. its absurd

It's not as unique to Tebow as you think.  Mark Sanchez gets a lot more headlines than Eli Mannning.  The Favre watch on espn was perhaps the most nauseating overdone coverage that I can remember. 

Don't know who is old enough here to remember the SNL skit of "Buckwheat has been shot"

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#51 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,045 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

I can't stand Favre but at least he deserved the insane attention.  Sanchez gets 75% of the attention he gets because of the Tebow nonsense and the rest of it is because train wrecks in NY sell.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 June 2013 - 07:10 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:58 AM

Admittedly, I don't get this at all.  Just don't see what the upside could possibly be.  BB, how about worrying about fixing the defense first...you know, while you still have a QB that makes you look good?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#53 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Jet fans hoping for Tebowmania to destroy the New England franchise from within can keep hoping. It aint’ gonna happen. However, likewise.. Pats fans praying for the next Danny Woodhead storyline should get a hobby.. because that’s not happening here either.

I keep trying to make sense in this signing, but I just can’t. It screams of desperation from NE, and that’s just sad. Ryan Mallett is a 24 year old QB, who is a fine #2.. and head & shoulders better than Tebow. I doubt the Pats are dumb enough to release him (but hey, I’d gladly take him if they are) so why take practice reps away from him, to give them to Tebow? The role of a Tebow as a backup makes absolutely no sense.

Then there’s this notion he’ll play another position. I find that hard to swallow because; *A. Tebow has shown such an unwillingness to play anywhere else. *B. NE has reportedly already said he’ll just be a QB.. and *C. Where else is he going to play? :noclue:  He lacks speed & route running abilities to play WR, and as a RB\TE, he offers far less than players like Washington, Gronk, Hernandez, etc. The role of playing another position makes absolutely no sense.

Finally the 3rd scenario.. a Utility\Wildcat player. I’m not going to spend too much time on this one, because I don’t have to. Good teams with all-world quarterbacks don’t do the wildcat, because.. well, they don’t have to. If BB is that crazy\spiteful just to try to prove a point, I am all for it! Tom Brady is the best QB in the league. Anything and everything that takes him off the field (even for 1 play) I 100% endorse. The role of a Utility\Wildcat player makes absolutely no sense.

The only bit of (small) logic I can find in this, other than Jets obsession, is the Pats signed Tebow for practice to help their defense prepare the read option when they play other “wildcat” teams. –but even that, is a gigantic stretch.

I call bull$hit on this one, and say that TT doesn’t even make the final 53.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#54 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Beez, you think every move the Pats make reeks of desperation. 

That being said, no matter how I look at this, I don't see how this is going to benefit the Pats in any way...IF he's still on the team by Week 1.  I don't worry about the Pats ever being ripped apart by the nonsense that is "Tebowmania" (as long as Brady is there, it's his team), but even if the Patriots are as well-equipped to deal with a potential distraction/headache as anyone, why even bother for a guy who won't improve the on-field product?  A guy like Randy Moss in his prime, sure, take his baggage and hope it can work out.  But for a guy who is almost definitely going to be a 3rd-string QB? 

The ONLY angle I haven't seen explored is the long-term project concept...that after Brady retires (he'll be 36 by the start of this upcoming season), maybe Mallett won't be the guy, and the Pats envision 2-3 years of having Tebow do nothing but refine his game, away from actual NFL games.  But even that angle doesn't really fly, because nothing is a secret with Tebow...for some reason (the Jesus this and Jesus that thing), this guy just attracts attention and press.  So there will be damned near DAILY updates on Tebow's progress, if there's any actually worth discussing.  This guy has a solid bowel movement and it's a friggin' headline!

But after all of these words, I'm still at a loss.  I have no idea what the thinking is here.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#55 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

I know there were rumors about this before the offseason really got into full gear, but think this move signifies we see a Mallet to Cleveland deal in the near future?

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#56 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

I know there were rumors about this before the offseason really got into full gear, but think this move signifies we see a Mallet to Cleveland deal in the near future?

Doubt it.
Posted Image

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

I don't think so, though one wonders how much longer it makes sense to have a guy who was considered to have first-round talent just sitting around.  By the end of this coming year, he'll finish his third NFL season, and will be 26 by the start of what will be his fourth season of the NFL...with almost no playing time.  Pats didn't take him until the 3rd round, so it's not like they'll have wasted a first-rounder if he doesn't ever play for them, but how many more years should a guy like Mallett be expected to wait?  If Brady has at least two more good years in him, that means Mallett waits five years (minimum) from the time he was drafted to the time he was actually given a shot to play for the Patriots; meanwhile, he sees guys like Tebow and Sanchez and some others have gotten significant playing time as starters, and has to be thinking to himself "I don't have a chance to play better than THOSE guys?!" 

#30 FOREVER!

#58 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

I don't think so, though one wonders how much longer it makes sense to have a guy who was considered to have first-round talent just sitting around. By the end of this coming year, he'll finish his third NFL season, and will be 26 by the start of what will be his fourth season of the NFL...with almost no playing time. Pats didn't take him until the 3rd round, so it's not like they'll have wasted a first-rounder if he doesn't ever play for them, but how many more years should a guy like Mallett be expected to wait? If Brady has at least two more good years in him, that means Mallett waits five years (minimum) from the time he was drafted to the time he was actually given a shot to play for the Patriots; meanwhile, he sees guys like Tebow and Sanchez and some others have gotten significant playing time as starters, and has to be thinking to himself "I don't have a chance to play better than THOSE guys?!"

It would be only a a year or two longer before Rodgers got a shot.

If someone wants to give you a high second round pick for him, that's one thing. But otherwise, it's worth it to hang on to a talented back up if you're not going to get much else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Posted Image

#59 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,918 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

“For me personaly, having Tim Tebow on this team, he’s someone who believes in spirituality, he’s very competitive, works hard and has a great attitude,” Kraft said at a charity event at Gillette Stadium honoring his late wife.

“He’s a winner, and the fact that spirituality is so important to him is very appealing to me,” Kraft continued.

Kraft also labeled Tebow’s openly religious nature “an added dimension” that helped convince the Patriots to sign him to a two-year deal (with no guaranteed money) after five weeks on the NFL unemployment line.

Kraft even echoed the infamous comment by Jets owner Woody Johnson last summer that “you can never have enough Tebow” -- a comment Johnson came to regret after the Jets barely used Tebow during the regular season and then released him in April.

“You can’t have enough good people around you, and [Tebow] has the added dimension of spirituality being so important to him, and that personally appeals to me a lot,” Kraft said.

http://www.nypost.co...Be0DXS8cucxk2sJ

huh?

Sounds like Kraft is starting to lose it. These are very bizarre comments. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#60 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm an atheist, so I'll be the first to admit when I hear stuff like this, the person saying it might as well be talking about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy. 

Kraft's comments are a bit exclusionary in my opinion...not everyone is "spiritual", and Kraft should realize that, for every spiritual guy he might have in uniform or working for the franchise, there's also likely a fair number who think spirituality is a silly and dated concept, and don't believe in the idea of "God".  And I also don't like the idea that "spiritual" automatically equals "good" in eyes of guys who think like Kraft does.  There's good and bad people, both spiritual and non. 

What's annoying about Tebow is that, if not for his Jesus this and Jesus that, and Denver's defense playing terrific ball for most of Tebow's wins, he'd be seen for what he is...a seemingly nice guy who works hard but has a limited skill set that doesn't appear to translate to the NFL very well.   

I just wish guys like Kraft kept this stuff to themselves.  If you think Tebow can somehow help the team ON THE FIELD (I don't see how Tebow can possibly do that), great.  If you share his love of God, fine...go to church with him.  But keep the church stuff away from the team...especially since not everyone on it is interested in sharing in the exhaultation.

This is already looking like a major mistake.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 June 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users