20 replies to this topic

#1 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Who will start in Toronto on Monday? Will Kinkaid get the start? I would like to see him start.

#2 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Should be Kinkaid. Might wake them up finally.

#3 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Nevermind

Edited by eaglejelly, 03 March 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

So we've lost 4 in a row, with a point in only one of those games, but some of you want to see Kinkaid? I swear, I feel like I'm legitimately in a nut house here sometimes lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

So we've lost 4 in a row, with a point in only one of those games, but some of you want to see Kinkaid? I swear, I feel like I'm legitimately in a nut house here sometimes lol.

Hedberg is 2-4-2. He's not exactly generating confidence.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#6 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing this kid between the pipes.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#7 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

if we are goign to lose, we might as well have something to watch.

#8 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,193 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

Worse, he's 0-4-1 in his last five games since Marty got hurt with nineteen goals allowed and an .853 save percentage.

If Marty is going to play Tuesday then there's no real point in dissing Moose by benching him Monday but if Marty's not coming back for another few days, maybe it's time to give the other old guy a rest before it 'becomes' a desperation situation where you gotta run the old guy(s) into the ground.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 March 2013 - 11:24 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#9 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

Worse, he's 0-4-1 in his last five games since Marty got hurt with nineteen goals allowed and an .853 save percentage.

If Marty is going to play Tuesday then there's no real point in dissing Moose by benching him Monday but if Marty's not coming back for another few days, maybe it's time to give the other old guy a rest before it 'becomes' a desperation situation where you gotta run the old guy(s) into the ground.

Agreed. If the plan is that Marty comes off IR after Monday, then play Moose, but what's the harm in giving Kinkaid 1 game if Hedberg isn't playing well. If he posts a .900sv%, that's better than it's been, so who cares. The fact that the boys will know there's no guarantee of having one of our regulars in net might spur them to score like crazy and put up, who knows, 3, maybe 4 goals.

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,613 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Only sometimes??? The level of spoiled entitled over-the-top stupidity in here is staggering more often then not....there's a reason I mostly stick to the football threads now :P

All lunacy aside Moose is showing his age this year......

Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#11 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

even though the hockey world is crazy and for all we know Kincaid could start and be incredible and make a name of himself around the league and turn some heads, who knows? 

but really... its likely not gonna happen lol when in a slump, it would be a terrible idea to throw a goalie with zero NHL experience and expect him to get us out of there, cmon people

www.SterioDesign.com

#12 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Maybe he's the next fasth haha. Who knows?

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#13 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Oh trust me- I'm with you there. Marty can't get back soon enough. I love Moose, but he's shown why he's a backup. But I'm not taking a chance with a kid who's never played a second in the NHL when we need to win a game desperately. Moose hasn't been great by any stretch, but he's still a better, and certainly safer, option than Kinkaid at this point.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,010 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

In a short season, it take some balls for Pete to go with the kid (in a conference matchup) over a guy who has been very solid for a few years here before his last 5 games. I don't see him taking that risk at all as interesting as it may be.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#15 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

Kinkaid is appealing to some like Butler did.  Just because it's a new face doesn't mean it's a better option people.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#16 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'd like to see kinkaid as well, but not because of how Moose is playing. I'd just like the Devils to give the kid a look and let him get that first NHL game out of the way. The adrenaline alone could carry him through for all we know. I'd prefer it be in Newark Tuesday, though. Maybe the home crowd would be good for the whole team to rally around the kid.

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 03 March 2013 - 02:14 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#17 NJDevs26

NJDevs26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Kinkaid is appealing to some like Butler did.  Just because it's a new face doesn't mean it's a better option people.

It's hard to be worse than Moose has been the last few games.

Difference between Kinkaid and Butler is they needed to try Butler out.  They don't need to try Kinkaid out - yet.

#18 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

It's hard to be worse than Moose has been the last few games.

Absolutely disagree. Put Kinkaid, a kid with absolutely 0 NHL experience and not much to his resume, and you'll quite possibly see a goalie perform much worse than Moose has lately.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#19 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Playing Kinkaid in Toronto of all places?   I'd rather see him cut his teeth on the Island or in Florida.   I can see him getting so jacked he'd be lined up in the face off circle!

"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#20 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,721 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Absolutely disagree. Put Kinkaid, a kid with absolutely 0 NHL experience and not much to his resume, and you'll quite possibly see a goalie perform much worse than Moose has lately.

While I agree that it could absolutely be worse than Hedberg's recent run, I am of the school of thought that Kinkaid has to play eventually if they ever want to see if he's an NHL player. That being said, I'd prefer it be at home against Tampa tomorrow if Marty can't go and Moose has a tough time tonight.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users