52 replies to this topic

#41 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

so who's our half-boards shooter on the PP?

#42 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

so who's our half-boards shooter on the PP?

Loktionov.  PP functions the same as the first unit does with Loktionov sliding up in the umbrella when called for, just like Elias does.  Who needs a half-boards shooter when he's as bad as Bobby Butler was. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#43 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sad to see him go, I thought he could be something half decent.

815631765.gif

#44 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

Was hoping he could carve out a career here, but it didnt materialize. His defensive awareness was awful, as evidenced by the Pominville goal.  And he didn't do enough offensively to justify his existence on the 2nd PP unit.  Good luck in Nashville

#45 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Loktionov.  PP functions the same as the first unit does with Loktionov sliding up in the umbrella when called for, just like Elias does.  Who needs a half-boards shooter when he's as bad as Bobby Butler was. 

yeah we look for quarterbacks not shooters, but it would be nice to have a real sniper AND QB. 

#46 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

yeah we look for quarterbacks not shooters, but it would be nice to have a real sniper AND QB.

Puck movement is probably more important on a PP than having a sniper. Just saying.

#47 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Puck movement is probably more important on a PP than having a sniper. Just saying.

no arguement, but eventually someone needs to shoot and there are plenty of goals scored from the half boards spot across the NHL each year on the PP. it would be a nice luxury to have.  especially with all these butterfly goalies, you need to buzz it by their face masks top corner

#48 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

Has anyone seen Gomez play on the Sharks? 

Halfshark!!  On paper it's not looking like he's had any epiphany... but it could just be a mark of rebuilding his psyche. So If i dont read anythign I'll PM you halfshark  :evil:

Any thoughts are welcome.

YES -- I AM  :rant:  I'm a Gomez fan. 

:(

I just saw what he's capable of and .. I just feel bad about the way things turned out.  I can't help but think "hey you know who'd be great..."  then I remember he's not the same guy...

some of you never thought he was that guy -- but he was, so ha!  <_<  he's old now too.  How weird is that?

I'm here for the party

#49 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Has anyone seen Gomez play on the Sharks? 

Halfshark!!  On paper it's not looking like he's had any epiphany... but it could just be a mark of rebuilding his psyche. So If i dont read anythign I'll PM you halfshark  :evil:

Any thoughts are welcome.

YES -- I AM  :rant:  I'm a Gomez fan. 

:(

I just saw what he's capable of and .. I just feel bad about the way things turned out.  I can't help but think "hey you know who'd be great..."  then I remember he's not the same guy...

some of you never thought he was that guy -- but he was, so ha!  <_<  he's old now too.  How weird is that?

14 games 27 shots ZERO GOALs and a minus 4, bring him in!!! he'll fit in perfectly! :giggle:

I admire unconditional love! :wub:  

(is he on a checking line?)

#50 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah - I saw that... but you know stats don't always tell the whole story!  Right??  Yeah??

CMON  -- who's with me!  Wooohooo!

I'm here for the party

#51 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Best of luck to him, I hope it works out in Nashville. He was really disappointing in his time here though. No wonder the Sens cut him loose.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#52 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

I have a feeling this will go over about as well as when Nashville ended up with Bergfors. Similar players, really. Actually I think Bergfors was better.

#53 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I have a feeling this will go over about as well as when Nashville ended up with Bergfors. Similar players, really. Actually I think Bergfors was better.

they both pretty much only had one good half season and that caused other teams (Nashville/Atlanta) to take chances on them and Bergfors failed, and Butler better get going now because this is probably his last serious long term NHL chance 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users