303 replies to this topic

#221 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Should have signed Harding and let Moose hit the bricks.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#222 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

they still insist on waiting for the perfect shot on pp, just shoot a few it's not like you can setup a single shot in any pp.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#223 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,580 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hedberg was atrocious tonight - team never really picked it up after the 2nd goal against.  Elias makes a bad play, but Hedberg has to make a stop - the Devils had allowed hardly any opportunities on their own net.

Hedberg's been the elephant in the room on this slump - yeah the offense hasn't been there, but neither has the goaltending.  I don't think Kinkaid is any better but I suspect the Devils will find that out tomorrow.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#224 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

this team is so terrible right now. its obvious but they're hard to watch.

i only saw the 3rd period but i saw multiple times, our defense just getting BURNED.

fvcking unbelievable.  they're playing like trash right now

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#225 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

it's not about good, its about fear. with kinkaid we would be so tight on defense it would actually help. no one wants that kid to take too many shots.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#226 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Firing the coach is not going to make the Devils average roster suddenly better people. It worked once, but the talent was there.

I mean, just think out loud for a minute. If you're the coach of a team about to play against the Devils, who do you key on? Kovy - sure. Any dangerous defensemen? Not really. Elias - maybe. Clarkson, Zajac, Poni? Nope.

The minimal talent on this roster is becoming painfully obvious. When you have to hope for your 4th line to consistently produce to win games you're in trouble. Big trouble.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#227 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,204 posts

Harding's been bad himself this year, although who knew he was going to come up with MS?

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#228 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Hedberg was atrocious tonight - team never really picked it up after the 2nd goal against.  Elias makes a bad play, but Hedberg has to make a stop - the Devils had allowed hardly any opportunities on their own net.

Hedberg's been the elephant in the room on this slump - yeah the offense hasn't been there, but neither has the goaltending.  I don't think Kinkaid is any better but I suspect the Devils will find that out tomorrow.

We can certainly hope so. Its so deflating for the team and the fans to see your team outplay the opposition for most of the game (3rd was pretty bad) and have your goalie let in not 1, not 2, but 3 bad goals. 

#229 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,204 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

it's not about good, its about fear. with kinkaid we would be so tight on defense it would actually help. no one wants that kid to take too many shots.

They've seen Hedberg play the last two weeks, do they really want HIM taking shots?  They're 2-7-2, I'd hope they'd be playing on their toes whoever's in net, whether it's Marty, Moose, Kinkaid, Chico...

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#230 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

This is no slump. We're bad from head to toe. I'm not buying that our Offense, Defense and Goaltending has suddenly hit a slump all at once.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#231 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

37191754.jpg

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#232 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

I don't think Harding ever hit free agency.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#233 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Ironically, this car was driven by a person from Ontario

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#234 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

They've seen Hedberg play the last two weeks, do they really want HIM taking shots?  They're 2-7-2, I'd hope they'd be playing on their toes whoever's in net, whether it's Marty, Moose, Kinkaid, Chico...

goalie change is always a wake up call. moose and brodeur have their moments, kinkaid is scary since we don't know a thing. they will def react.

martyb.jpg

#235 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

this team is so terrible right now. its obvious but they're hard to watch.

i only saw the 3rd period but i saw multiple times, our defense just getting BURNED.

fvcking unbelievable.  they're playing like trash right now

You would be amazed how good we were in the first two periods. That 3rd period was just unreal.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#236 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

5 losses in a row is reason to worry, don't pretend it's not.

We're just fortunate that the once powerful Atlantic division is horrible this year. How we're ahead of the Rangers and Flyers is evidence of how truly awful they started out.

2 wins in their last 10.........thats a 20% winning clip.......yuck

they still insist on waiting for the perfect shot on pp, just shoot a few it's not like you can setup a single shot in any pp.

what the hell happened to our new PP system, which is to shoot more ?????????

#237 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,728 posts

You would be amazed how good we were in the first two periods. That 3rd period was just unreal.

That's what's frustrating. This team has a history of inconsistency, and it's reared it's ugly head again. Too much "squeezing the sticks" and people not playing relaxed. And every loss makes it harder to come out of. Moose needs a night off to collect himself.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#238 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Firing the coach is not going to make the Devils average roster suddenly better people. It worked once, but the talent was there.

I mean, just think out loud for a minute. If you're the coach of a team about to play against the Devils, who do you key on? Kovy - sure. Any dangerous defensemen? Not really. Elias - maybe. Clarkson, Zajac, Poni? Nope.

The minimal talent on this roster is becoming painfully obvious. When you have to hope for your 4th line to consistently produce to win games you're in trouble. Big trouble.

Kovy is keyed on himself playing on RW.   He's not doing sh!t at that position.   If they're not going to fix that, who cares about anyone else.   They're paying a guy $11M prorated to play on his offwing when his game is left to right.   It's so fvcking stupid/stubborn it's unbelieveable.    There is no worthy LW on this team for him to be doing this.

#239 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Well so much for Hedberg being "the best back-up in the league". Hedberg was straight-up awful tonight and gave us no chance to win. The offense hasn't been great, but if we just had an average NHL goalie in net tonight, we probably would have won. Just awful. Please for the love of god let's start Kinkaid and pray that he can just play an AVERAGE game for us. That's all I want. AVERAGE. If we get outscored then fine, but losing because of terrible goaltending just sucks hard.

#240 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

fvck, of course.

i'm surprised, because it was awful

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users